*Crosby vs. BH/Crosby wins 21-16/Comments

Guest falcons
[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="686061" timestamp="1256513613"]
Hitman is right. BH generally wins because Price and Co. outcoach other teams with superior talent. 
[/quote]

ya right he has not outcoahed many over the past four years. get on the website coach and your boy price should have gone along time ago and all of his cronies.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="hitman009" post="685754" timestamp="1256487888"]
[quote author=whitewolf09 link=topic=61233.msg684975#msg684975 date=1256397806]
So guys .. are we going to the playoffs or not ... I think after this year price needs to hang the coat up
[/quote]I don't understand you so called Barbers Hill fans! All y'all do is blame Price. answer me this:
Have you ever had a coach with a better winning record?
How many times has he taken you to the playoffs?
Is he still getting the job done?
I hate to say it BH parents and fans, but y'all are out matched every year.  If you took the whole district position by position, and matched them up athletically...........you might win one o line position! You are out muscled, out sized, and you don't have speed...this is every year....so how do you win???
TALENT and talent is COACHED.....If anything you should be thanking Price for winning so much despite these odds....maybe a raise or hug or kiss or something!!!!!........Maybe a little appreciation!!!!........that might work!!!!!
[/quote]

I agree hitman!!!  We've got a one year varsity QB,(hence the 4 interceptions) we've got how many Soph. starting?  One of our best defensive players out, two great receivers out, our starting (soph.) runningback out, although Stubbs did a good job.  Every game we've lost (except GCM) we've lost because of inexperienced mistakes, and I'll say GCM game could fall in that category also.  Matt has done a great job and given a 110% effort, but the inexperience shows it's ugly head from time to time.  We used to get by with a one year QB in 3a, but in 4a the talent is bigger,better and faster.  Go ahead and get rid of Price this year and get ready to sacrifice the next couple of years...usually first year coaches, statistically ,don't win when they take over a new program...and our track record hasn't been to good when it come to hiring top notch coaching. 

[quote name="hummer" post="686069" timestamp="1256513965"]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=61233.msg686061#msg686061 date=1256513613]
Hitman is right. BH generally wins because Price and Co. outcoach other teams with superior talent. 
[/quote]

ya right he has not outcoahed many over the past four years. get on the website coach and your boy price should have gone along time ago and all of his cronies.
[/quote]
Now thats well said did anybody see the kirbyville playoff game 4 years ago we are up by 1 with 37 seconds to go they go 85 yards with no timeouts and we loose yes great coaching

[quote name="mustang32" post="686459" timestamp="1256566511"]
[quote author=hummer link=topic=61233.msg686069#msg686069 date=1256513965]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=61233.msg686061#msg686061 date=1256513613]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Now thats well said did anybody see the kirbyville playoff game 4 years ago we are up by 1 with 37 seconds to go they go 85 yards with no timeouts and we loose yes great coaching
[/quote]just curious---How many tackles did Price miss on that last score?

Every year the kids from BH give 110%,but they just don't have the athletes to compete with other teams in the district..The problems at BH have nothing to do with Coach Price,its the parents..BH parents all think there kids are all americans..They all want to bring up what they did in pee-wee football up thru the JV teams on how they won all these games and then on Varsity they can't win district...It's not the coaches fault your QB had 4 pics and a fumble vs Crosby...With the talent Price has had at BH he has done an excellent job...

With all the coach bashing and lack of support from certain members of the school and community, what good coach would want to come here? Kids when games and coaches lose games. Always been that way. I have just never seen a coach ripped by his own so much. He may deserve better, not us. We will still  play in the playoffs. It would be nice to see support since so many of our boys read this site.  ;)

Good post Blue.  The Hill will be in the playoffs with a win over North Forest this week.  They have a good team that has had untimely turnovers.  Coach Price is a good coach and gentleman. Good luck Eagles.

IMO, I think the coaching needs to be taken to the next level in 4-A football. You can't run the same offense that you did in 3-A ball just because you won games. I can see that when BH is ahead at halftime, the opposing team usually makes great adjustments against us and we still play the same game. We don't have the biggest play selection and when we make good yardage running the ball down the field, we stop doing that and start passing Why? Make them stop us! You don't see too many head coaches in BIG school football being the A.D./ Head Coach . Usually there is an A.D. and a head coach so that you don't keep the same fingers in the pot and the A.D. can support the other sports playing at the same time. JMO 

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="BringinTheHeat" post="686602" timestamp="1256575034"]
IMO, I think the coaching needs to be taken to the next level in 4-A football. You can't run the same offense that you did in 3-A ball just because you won games. I can see that when BH is ahead at halftime, the opposing team usually makes great adjustments against us and we still play the same game. We don't have the biggest play selection and when we make good yardage running the ball down the field, we stop doing that and start passing Why? Make them stop us! You don't see too many head coaches in BIG school football being the A.D./ Head Coach . Usually there is an A.D. and a head coach so that you don't keep the same fingers in the pot and the A.D. can support the other sports playing at the same time. JMO 
[/quote]

Most 5A districts have an Athletic Director with the Head Football coaches (in most cases) being the Campus Athletic Directors. All school district employees are ultimately held accountable by the School Board and/or the Superintendent.

And what is a 4A offense?   PNG. LCM, and Nederland all run the spread just like BH.   Just like someone said earlier this year on a post,  " we need a 4A coach........."  .     Didn't know they offered degrees in college that specified what level of coach you could coach.?

If this is true,  Fairchild at PNG stepped down a level because he went from 5A to 4A.

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="686469" timestamp="1256567242"]
[quote author=mustang32 link=topic=61233.msg686459#msg686459 date=1256566511]
[quote author=hummer link=topic=61233.msg686069#msg686069 date=1256513965]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]just curious---How many tackles did Price miss on that last score?
[/quote]thats about right........ Did you think you were more athletic than kirbyville that year???  Hazlewood QB, Rhodes RB - leading rusher in 3A (Kilgore) , Chris Samuel, Ryan Jones (Kilgore), Alverez (SFA) on the line, hughey CB (SFA), Brodric Jackson (Rice)....... should I go on.........Coaching and Character kept you in that game...
Their is nothing wrong with your offense....moved the ball well against a very good Crosby D......... Just have to eliminate mistakes....  

I have to disagree with some that say BH just doesn't have the athletes. BH has always had pretty darn good athletes or they wouldn't have had the success in 3A like they did. 4A is a step up and there's a bigger talent pool. North Forest has over 2000 students (and they're 0-8, go figure) compared to BH at 1055. Crosby and Dayton are around 1400. GCM is over 1500. I thought BH looked good the other night. Sometimes it's just the way the ball bounces, as they say. Crosby has had some huge breaks this year, but some of these breaks have been because they've forced them. I still think if BH can reduce their TO's they can make a impact in the play-offs. Like someone else said, I think they are the best 4-5 team out there. If I was facing them in the first round of the play-offs I'd be concerned. I can't respond to the coaching situation, because I do not know much about Price. I didn't see anything the other night that made me think it was coaching that cost them the game. How's BH injury situation? I know one kid went out Friday with what looked like a pretty bad knee injury.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="mrsomebody" post="686699" timestamp="1256581282"]
viverette had a chance to have a game winning drive but crosby intercepted it and that was that...
[/quote]

Hello Captian Obvious!

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="Golden Triangle" post="686713" timestamp="1256582282"]
Love the Hair in the pic Ranger.

Looks like Screeech from Saved By the Bell.........
[/quote]

I like it too. (I have no idea who this guy is, people need to be careful what that put on the world wide web, it is public record)

Well seems everyone is passionate about their views, which is a good thing.  If we did'nt care what would the program be?  I agree with who said, a team should be worried if they face BH.  Minus turnovers it could be a different standing in district 19-4A. 

Soon after this season maybe the passion will cary over and change happens.  Anyone know any great O-Coordinators or head coaches that might be a good draw for BH  I don't think it would be any suprise for Price, he did after all apply for the Lake Travis job last year.

By the way, Lake Travis and PNG have first year coaches and both are undefeated.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="bh89-2" post="686764" timestamp="1256584354"]
Well seems everyone is passionate about their views, which is a good thing.  If we did'nt care what would the program be?  I agree with who said, a team should be worried if they face BH.  Minus turnovers it could be a different standing in district 19-4A. 

Soon after this season maybe the passion will cary over and change happens.  Anyone know any great O-Coordinators or head coaches that might be a good draw for BH  I don't think it would be any suprise for Price, he did after all apply for the Lake Travis job last year.

By the way, Lake Travis and PNG have first year coaches and both are undefeated.
[/quote]

If you were a high school coach, wouldn't you apply for the Lake Travis job? Let's see, they have better athletes, better facilities and it's in Austin. A tri-fecta!

By the way,[b] Lake Travis [/b] and PNG have first year coaches and both are undefeated.
[/quote]

Chad morris is in his 2nd year.... but who's counting? ;)

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="dayton" post="686786" timestamp="1256585463"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=61233.msg686764#msg686764 date=1256584354]

By the way,[b] Lake Travis [/b] and PNG have first year coaches and both are undefeated.
[/quote]

Chad morris is in his 2nd year.... but who's counting? ;)
[/quote]

Don't ever confuse a BH fan with the facts.

[/quote]

Sometimes people are called and asked to put their name in the hat.   Just because you apply for a job doesn't mean you are unhappy where you are.

Although, with fans like some of the ( as you call them) passionate BH fans,  I would look to at other options.   But, every school has its complainers and people with various opinions.  It's a free world and everyones right to have an opinion.  

But some of you BH people are EXTREME....    

Every year BH gets the max out of its athletes ( IMHO ). Some people just don't understand that in the playoffs the athletes get better and the coaching gets better. You can out "coach/game plan" a better equipped team with good coaching once in a while but it will catch up to you eventually. Better athletes, better coaching is going to win most of the time. BH always has good athletes and good hard working kids. Do some research and look back at teams that go deep in the playoffs, usually there are some college football players on those teams, D1 more often than not. I bet you can count the players from BH on one hand that have played college ball over the last ten years at a D1 school for any length of time. Thats not knocking BH's kids/coaches, but rather I think it is a testament to the above described attributes.

But that's just my opinion! I'll take our athletes/coaches anyday. Throw in a D1 prospect or two and watch us dominate.

Go and Get'em Eagles! We can We will!

Those that say BH don't have the Athletes are just plan wrong! All I read after we play teams is how good our kids are and play from the fans of other teams. Price didn't lose this game and isn't responsible for most of the games IMHO, but there have definetly been games where the lack of game planning, adjustments and play calling has killed a BH season. Make no mistake Price didn't make BH , BH made Price! I have no idea what he even did before BH, does anyone know? his entire record or at leat 95% of it is at BH. Mind you that BH played in one of the weakest 3A districts in the state while having large numbers of kids that are very passionate about being a BH football player! Price defenitly came in and with the help of a very talented class of kids the BH tradition came back to the hill does this give a coach a retirement pass? No! 10 years later it's time for a change. the last 3-4 years there have been tons of adjustments to the staff, but in the end the Offense/Defense looks the same now as it did 10 years ago. Difference is we are in 4A now and can't mow over teams with just pure numbers and determination. Is BH capable of finding a coach and not hiring a brother in law is my only fear! If that would be the case I would rather have Price, but if BH would go out like PNG did for a state wide hunt of a successfull 3A, 4A or 5A assistant IM IN. BH has the talent , facilities and community support that deserve the best IMO! Or we can all hold hands and praise everyone while pretending that everything is ok.

[quote name="BringinTheHeat" post="686602" timestamp="1256575034"]
[/quote]

This makes NO sense!!!  We run the spread offense, just like many other high school and college teams. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder