*LCM at Vidor/Vidor wins 49-15/Comments

Guest JoesBros

Guest ECBucFan
Just want to say we took advantage of EC's off week to travel over to Vidor for the legendary halftime show, AND IT DID NOT DISSAPOINT!  ;D  We have heard about it for years, and was glad to finally experience it. Incredible crowd on hand (parking was chaotic and then some!). The Pirates played awesome ball. They will be a formidable opponent come playoff time.  ;D

Well, the boys came out for redemption tonight ... and it payed huge dividends. We came out strong with the playcalling being a lot of ground-and-pound EARLY on. And what happened? 49-15, that's what happened. It wasn't broke tonight and we didn't try to "fix" it like last week. And the boys looked good.
Mathews even stuck in the second string on offense for most of the fourth (shoot, he knew we had the game won, why not?), about the last 8 minutes of the quarter or so, and let Green and company build up a little more experience. And Rico looked good once again getting a few handoffs. He already looked good on defense on the night.
LC-M saw some success through the air, but for the most part fizzled in the red zone. But Gonzales is one heck of a QB and has a good arm. With a better O-line tha guy could scare the living daylights out of a defense. Pretty accurate tonight on a lot of passes, seemed to know right where his receivers were downfield. I can already tell that LC-M looks a whole lot better in the Crouch era than they did mentally in the Moody days.
But, back to my Pirates ... great game. Carry this momentum into next week and I really like our chances, even if it is in Mid-County. And to Mathews and his coaching crew ... thanks for pulling the trigger tonight. Keep it up and wear those defenses down.
GO PIRATES!!!

Very impressive running game for the Pirates. Also appeared to be a very classy team... very workman like, taking care of business attitude. Happy for you and hope you make a run this year. Now for the Vidor fans sitting on the LCM side ..... not so classy.  Students will stand and they will cheer. If they are in your way I suggest you move.  The district needs to take care of this.  This is a disaster waiting to happen.

[quote name="Green and Bold" post="684711" timestamp="1256359302"]
Very impressive running game for the Pirates. Also appeared to be a very classy team... very workman like, taking care of business attitude. Happy for you and hope you make a run this year. Now for the Vidor fans sitting on the LCM side ..... not so classy.  Students will stand and they will cheer. If they are in your way I suggest you move.  The district needs to take care of this.  This is a disaster waiting to happen.
[/quote]Thanks for the props...I agree with you about the fans should not have been over there and definatly should not have been gripping about you supporting your team.

[quote name="Green and Bold" post="684711" timestamp="1256359302"]
Now for the Vidor fans sitting on the LCM side ..... not so classy.  Students will stand and they will cheer. If they are in your way I suggest you move.  The district needs to take care of this.  This is a disaster waiting to happen.
[/quote]

I can beat that. I'm a Vidor fan and one of our fans even told me to move because she couldn't see. People like that make me just roll my eyes. Do they really expect us to just sit there? It's a football game ... not a court case.
And yes, we really do need more seating. But everytime we try to improve anything in athletics, we seem to get all the cockroaches crawling out of the woodwork to form an opposition. Our last bond we tried to get a gym built for Oak Forest Elememtary and the opposition griped louder than everyone else and even shot that down in the vote. What do they care? Their kids don't go to Vidor schools.
But I better not get started on that. I'll just say that I agree with you on the seating.

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="684727" timestamp="1256359779"]
[quote author=Green and Bold link=topic=61220.msg684711#msg684711 date=1256359302]
Now for the Vidor fans sitting on the LCM side ..... not so classy.  Students will stand and they will cheer. If they are in your way I suggest you move.  The district needs to take care of this.  This is a disaster waiting to happen.
[/quote]

I can beat that. I'm a Vidor fan and one of our fans even told me to move because she couldn't see. People like that make me just roll my eyes. Do they really expect us to just sit there? It's a football game ... not a court case.
And yes, we really do need more seating. But everytime we try to improve anything in athletics, we seem to get all the cockroaches crawling out of the woodwork to form an opposition. Our last bond we tried to get a gym built for Oak Forest Elememtary and the opposition griped louder than everyone else and even shot that down in the vote. What do they care? Their kids don't go to Vidor schools.
But I better not get started on that. I'll just say that I agree with you on the seating.
[/quote]

I hear ya Rusted.  We have the same issues over here with the failed bond election.

Just to clarify due to homecoming crowd plus the extras that come to watch our halftime show is the reason they were on the visitors side. I even seen a Nederland ISD bus in our bus area... LOL they must of had a bunch... After half time I would say the crowd thinned of the people who were not from Vidor or LC-M. I am not saying I do not like people coming to watch our half time show... I just wish they would respect us enough to sit on the Visitors side and let the Vidor folk sit on the Vidor side... I do not like the fact anyone told anyone to sit down because they were cheering for their team... I see no other reason to go to a football game other than to support a team, band, cheerleader, twirler or drill team. If you are there for the half time show please be courteous to the home team and find seating on the visitors side... even you want to pull for the home team let their fans sit on the correct side...  Good game to the pirates... we were pumping on all cylinders and really looked good... very few penalties from either team and nice ball control eating up the clock and the ground... DEF was very tight tonight... nice coverage packages... LC-M has some great coaches on their Sideline and will improve drastically next season.. I know the Def. Cord. Mike Pierce is a very competitive person. He graduated Vidor 86' and he will have that LC-M Def hard to get past in a season or two... He comes Coaching over at WO-S under Coach Hooks as does the head coach... they know how to win and will have LC-M moving in that direction soon... GOOD LUCK TO LC-M the rest of the way... AND GO PIRATES!!!!! ROCK ON!!

I understand on your biggest night of the year, you should capitalize and sell, sell, sell. But come on. You shouldn't sell more tickets than you have seats. I had to sit on the Bears' side, and I guess I missed the commotion with the Student section..I sat in front of a very polite Bear supporting family, and we tried to represent the community well.
In the future, I would hope Vidor ISD rents some portable stands and places them where they see fit. That would help tremendously.

Anyway, Great job tonight Pirates! That run game was vicious.

Let me start out by saying great game Pirates.
LCM keep your heads up yall have a VERY CLASSY HEAD COACH he  has that program headed in the right direction.. I worked the chains at the game and all I can say is Crouch is a very classy man.. Look for good things to come...good look the rest of season.

Orange Little Cypress-Mauriceville                    Vidor
Total yards 289                                              510
First downs 16                                                31
Rushes/Yds 24/69                                        49/450
Average rush 2.88                                          9.18
Comp/Atts 22/34/0                                        3/4/0
Pass yards 220                                                60
Comp pct 64.71                                              75
Punts 0                                                            0
Punting Yards 0                                                0
Punting Average 0                                              0
Fumbles/Lost 2/1                                            0/0