Vidor, PN-G -- My apologies

Just to start off, no moderator sent me a message telling me to do this. No other Vidor fan or PN-G fan sent me a message either. I'm doing this on my own account because, well, I'm man enough to admit when my actions are wrong.

I apologize for coming across in a bad light on the PN-G/Vidor thread last night. If anyone thinks I hate any of the Vidor coaches, please know that I don't. And no, I'm not a coach. No I do not think I can do a better job. In fact, I know I can't. I'm just a fan .... a very passionate fan.

By passionate, I mean that I not only want us to make the playoffs this year. I'd like to see us make the playoffs every year. I want to see a winning tradition in Vidor. We have great kids here that play just as hard as anyone else. And I'm proud of our kids and have shown up to support my team even in the lean years.

But last night, I let my passion and zeal get the better of me and I posted without giving myself a chance to calm down. What happens then? Well, we get this thing called foot-in-mouth disease. Yeah, I'm man enough to admit I was wrong. I hate it when I see NFL coaches throw their players under the bus, and, well, last night I threw the Vidor coaching staff under the bus. I acted like the very thing I hate. And for that I apologize to our coaches, our players and to all the Pirates fans.

I shouldn't let my passion for our team, and my zeal for Pirates athletics, become an excuse of making an arse of myself on the message boards. If I offended any coaches, coaches' family members, players or players' family members, again ... I apologize.

While I did view the playcalling as mediocre last night, I never should have said that the coaches must not have done their job. I'm pretty sure Mathews makes sure his staff watches hours and hours of film. It just seems to me that the playcalling has gone downhill since the Central and Lumberton games. Hopefully every player on our team hates what I said in that earlier post, and will come out next Friday to prove me wrong. Use it on the field so to speak.

I want our kids to excel. I don't want us to settle for less, for just getting by. I want to see us become the team that everyone dreads having to play. We have the potential. We need to pull the trigger. And my zeal for these kids gets riled up when I see us not pulling the trigger. But again, my zeal is not an excuse for how I posted last night. I should have used more class. Most of the time, I do. But last night I didn't. I posted in an angry manner. And for that, again, I apologize to the entire team, staff, and Vidor community.

And speaking of class, my pal badndn pointed out that I shouldn't judge PN-G coaches based on one game and call them classless. And, he is right. Just because I felt like they were trying to run up the score does not mean that was why they did what they did in the final minute. So, I should not have used my opinion to belittle everyone else. I apologize to the PN-G community, team and coaching staff. I would like to say to Coach Faircloth (if he even ever reads these boards): "Welcome to Southeast Texas. I'm just another passionate football fan for my team and I let my zeal get the best of me. Keep up the good work, you are the coach that PN-G needed."

That being said, congratulations to PN-G on last night's contest. You have one heck of a team and I will be an Indian backer in the playoffs as well. Good luck to everyone next week!

GO PIRATES!!!

Just to start off, no moderator sent me a message telling me to do this. No other Vidor fan or PN-G fan sent me a message either. I'm doing this on my own account because, well, I'm man enough to admit when my actions are wrong.

I apologize for coming across in a bad light on the PN-G/Vidor thread last night. If anyone thinks I hate any of the Vidor coaches, please know that I don't. And no, I'm not a coach. No I do not think I can do a better job. In fact, I know I can't. I'm just a fan .... a very passionate fan.

By passionate, I mean that I not only want us to make the playoffs this year. I'd like to see us make the playoffs every year. I want to see a winning tradition in Vidor. We have great kids here that play just as hard as anyone else. And I'm proud of our kids and have shown up to support my team even in the lean years.

But last night, I let my passion and zeal get the better of me and I posted without giving myself a chance to calm down. What happens then? Well, we get this thing called foot-in-mouth disease. Yeah, I'm man enough to admit I was wrong. I hate it when I see NFL coaches throw their players under the bus, and, well, last night I threw the Vidor coaching staff under the bus. I acted like the very thing I hate. And for that I apologize to our coaches, our players and to all the Pirates fans.

I shouldn't let my passion for our team, and my zeal for Pirates athletics, become an excuse of making an arse of myself on the message boards. If I offended any coaches, coaches' family members, players or players' family members, again ... I apologize.

While I did view the playcalling as mediocre last night, I never should have said that the coaches must not have done their job. I'm pretty sure Mathews makes sure his staff watches hours and hours of film. It just seems to me that the playcalling has gone downhill since the Central and Lumberton games. Hopefully every player on our team hates what I said in that earlier post, and will come out next Friday to prove me wrong. Use it on the field so to speak.

I want our kids to excel. I don't want us to settle for less, for just getting by. I want to see us become the team that everyone dreads having to play. We have the potential. We need to pull the trigger. And my zeal for these kids gets riled up when I see us not pulling the trigger. But again, my zeal is not an excuse for how I posted last night. I should have used more class. Most of the time, I do. But last night I didn't. I posted in an angry manner. And for that, again, I apologize to the entire team, staff, and Vidor community.

And speaking of class, my pal badndn pointed out that I shouldn't judge PN-G coaches based on one game and call them classless. And, he is right. Just because I felt like they were trying to run up the score does not mean that was why they did what they did in the final minute. So, I should not have used my opinion to belittle everyone else. I apologize to the PN-G community, team and coaching staff. I would like to say to Coach Faircloth (if he even ever reads these boards): "Welcome to Southeast Texas. I'm just another passionate football fan for my team and I let my zeal get the best of me. Keep up the good work, you are the coach that PN-G needed."

That being said, congratulations to PN-G on last night's contest. You have one heck of a team and I will be an Indian backer in the playoffs as well. Good luck to everyone next week!

GO PIRATES!!!

Great post Rusted. Trust me I fully understand your frustration and your passion.

Very good post! I Don't even know what you said, but it takes a real man to own up to a mistake and offer an open apology like you did. ALL fans are passionate about their schools, or at least they should be. Sometimes we ALL get carried away with our zeal for our team, we don't mean to. Again, we all make mistakes, but owning up to them shows maturity and a willingness to do the right thing.

Good job RustedCutlass!

Wow, believe me, your frustrations are understood. But you know it is hard to express them in words on these threads and not seem like a complete a#@. I learned that personally. Takes a real man to admit his wrong in front other men. Respect rust, nothing but respect. Good post man

No problem, !  Hey, I've been a Pirate supporter from the "get go".  Review my posts, of course, except last nite.  I understand ur frustration...remember PNG last year.  We were being beat up on the field and on the forums...wasn't fun  :-(.  Best of luck to the Pirates the rest of the year!

Hey Cutlass,

I too want to apologize to you for a response I directed at you last night that was removed. I am also a very passionate fan for PNG and I got riled up from that whole thread last night. So I am sorry. I am very grateful for all the passionate fans for all the area teams, it is what makes this area such a great atmosphere for high School football on Friday nights.

As for your statement about wanting Vidor to be a team that people dread to play, Vidor is that way for me because I know they are going to play their hearts out and come at you for a full 4 quarters and you better be ready to play.

I wish you and the Vidor faithfull a successful run the rest of district and into the playoffs because I will support you guys also in the playoffs. Thanks for your post and please accept my apologies.

Thanks for posting that rusted.....but just a few quick points not directed at you rusted so don't take offense.

1. As for home cooking....Vidor had ONE penalty called on them all night. If the fumble was iffy, that would be the ONLY play you could complain about. The play happened quick in a pile of players. It could have gone either way and their is no instant replay in HS. I guess Vidor never held once and had no hand in the 2 personal foul calls on PN-G? ok ... keep buying into that.

2. It was a two possession game. We had 3 field goals blocked in one game this year and Vidor was close all night. Why in the hell would you try a FG? Vidor also had two timeouts left. Would you have recommended taking a knee in a two score game? 

3. Is winning by by 22 really running up the score?

Guest tigersvoice

GO PIRATES!!!

Great post Rusted. Trust me I fully understand your frustration and your passion.

Very well done, Rusted.  Your "Polish and shine" is showing thru your "Rust." 8)

Thanks for posting that rusted.....but just a few quick points not directed at you rusted so don't take offense.

1. As for home cooking....Vidor had ONE penalty called on them all night. If the fumble was iffy, that would be the ONLY play you could complain about. The play happened quick in a pile of players. It could have gone either way and their is no instant replay in HS. I guess Vidor never held once and had no hand in the 2 personal foul calls on PN-G? ok ... keep buying into that.

2. It was a two possession game. We had 3 field goals blocked in one game this year and Vidor was close all night. Why in the heck would you try a FG? Vidor also had two timeouts left. Would you have recommended taking a knee in a two score game? 

If this was not directed at rusted, why didn't you put it on the other game thread?  This thread was to apologize.

Rusted, great post and I think we have all had out moments on here.  This showed CLASS!

Thank you, Rusted.  I'll admit I was ready to string you up last night after reading your posts.  Your apology shows what a classy person you are.  The one thing that got to me worse than anything else you said last night was calling Brandon Faircloth classless.  He is a humble, God fearing man and is one of the classiest individuals I've seen in his situation in a really long time.

Akifan, just drop it and accept the apology.  Your response was classless.

2. It was a two possession game. We had 3 field goals blocked in one game this year and Vidor was close all night. Why in the heck would you try a FG? Vidor also had two timeouts left. Would you have recommended taking a knee in a two score game? 

If this was not directed at rusted, why didn't you put it on the other game thread?  This thread was to apologize.

Rusted, great post and I think we have all had out moments on here.  This showed CLASS!

good question......it just came out that way.

As a PNG Grad and Ex-PNG Football Player (Disclaimer) I would like to say this in regards to the Vidor Football Program. For YEARS a lot of folks over at PNG have wanted Vidor to become a dominate program. We can't understand why with athletes and talent you guys have every year that nothing tends to come of it. From I hear Jeff Mathews has done a lot of great things getting the community involved with football all the way down to the flag and tackle league. I think he makes a great athletic director for Vidor. That being said one thing that has separated PNG, Nederland, Dayton, Barbers Hill etc from the Vidors and Lumbertons is that we expect winning. Not only the fans but the players, cheerleaders, band members, everyone. I think what Jeff has done at Vidor has been great and to say he is one of the nicest guys in this areas in an understatement but he is a SUPER conservative coach that in my opinion is so afraid of losing a game he can't win. In 4A football you cannot expect to run 10 plays and win. I know he is contact with the K-Ville coach a lot regarding their offense but the biggest difference is K-Ville throws the ball and leaves everything on the field. I was the Central/Vidor game and I thought we going to finally see something from Vidor this year and years to come and now I don't know. I don't think anyone feels that Vidor won't make the playoffs this year but what about next year and the next and the next? I want and expect Vidor to be there year end and year out and not just making the playoffs because 4 teams go but because they are competing for a district championship. AGAIN I am not a Vidor guy but I promise you guys have a lot of support outside of your community. This is not an attack on Vidor, the coaches or the players this an honest opinion from someone on the outside looking in. Best of luck to Vidor - Win Out and go deep.

Scalp em

GO PIRATES!!!

Nice post... And believe me Vidor IS a team to fear.. I DO NOT want to face them in the playoffs (if we make it)..

Good luck the rest of the season...As far as me knowing footbal I do know the game well (Having played for Coach

Ethridge)  I'm saying you guys have to pass some to keep the defense from putting 10 people in the box..If Pittman

was gaining 4 or 5 yards on every carry Vidor would have had more than 7 points at the half..PnG stuffed that inside run several times for no gain (at least enough times to stall quite a few drives)

Man I'm glad you did this!

All I can say is I observe some of the garbage that is expressed[glow=red,2,300][/glow] over the forum and you effected me last night with your comment.

Some of my family and friends are from Vidor and I think of that community as being the SALT OF THE EARTH!

Remember you have watched a game in a position where most people will not and never will, that are paying and will continue to pay with tax dollars, meaning that press box.

So with all things being said , GOOD JOB my friend.

Go win out Vidor! See you in the playoffs! ;)

Good CLASSY post. Vidor's very strong running game took them this far and will take them further I do believe. No need to panic or change what they are doing. Two years ago with Hemmings we won district by running. We lined up and said stop us if you can, and it worked. You have to do what you do best, Vidor will be fine. Good luck, I beleive Vidor will be in the playoffs.

Rusted, I knew you were frustrated. I have been reading and responding to your posts for a while now and knew after sleeping on it you would realize that most of your comments were made in frustration. I have been there recently with our situation last year. I eventually just decided I would stick to a 12 hour rule, no posting within 12 hours after a game! ;D

Mathews has his faults as a coach, but I think the good people of Vidor, yourself included Rusted, have to have the utmost respect for what he has done with the program over there. Vidor is no longer the laughing stock of the area. Won't be many more Homecoming games with Vidor as the opponnent! They play harder from start to finish than just about anyother team we face each year. That's a tone set by the coaching staff.

Hey Rusted, No apology is necessary. I could FEEL your frustration in your posts. Vidor has a first class program with gifted and talented athletes. With this kind of talent & experience, much is expected. Very gentlemanly of you to write this post. Good luck to the Pirates for the rest of the season and hopefully, postseason!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder