How do YOU (VIDOR) like your Crow

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serve the crow I am ready to eat! PNG is really good that is for sure. I just want to say this. Once we got desperate and started to throw we moved the ball. Why can't we mix it up with a few passes every drive? I love the run and we do it as well as anyone, but if you keep doing the same expecting different results....that is the definition of crazy right? PNG looked great, but I won't say you have more talent on the filed. What I will say is we were out coached. I am not bashing any of our coaches, I am just saying "we have some talented receivers and a great QB. Use them! If we do it will also improve the running game? AM I making sense?? Great win PNG, the only question now is Central........

I will not be serving crow to anyone, Great game guys. Vidor should make the playoffs and maybe even win a couple of games. You guys just take care of buisness and could be a great season for your team. Congrats INDIANS keep working hard Mon thru Thursday and wining on Friday.

Just got back from the game and I will admit that the facilities are top notch. The press box is awesome and rivals most press boxes I've been in. The staff was also very hospitable. All in all, it was a great place to spend a Friday night. As already mentioned, Vidor could have hung in this game if they would diversify their offense somewhat. I think every Vidor pass that was successful was followed by a decent run. In other words, if they would do this a little more, they may take some pressure off of the running game and be a bigger threat.

One thing I have to say since I have read a great deal on the Vidor/PN-G threads about respect for the NDNS. You had my respect before the game but the last minute of the game was an exercise in how NOT to be classy in victory. I think everyone in the stadium expected the quarterback to kneel the ball but he didn't. Vidor never saw it coming and the td was useless at that point. Then, to try an onside kick when you're up 35-13 with less than a minute to go. What was that? And, after the game, to shake hands and run off the field. That's fine but I have always found it very classy that Coach Matthews always invites the opposing team to midfield after the game for prayer, etc. This is the first time I have seen a team not be a part of this or not even give the coach time to ask.

Not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill but it was pretty shocking after watching a hard fought game with some classy PN-G fans to see such a useless and tasteless display of respect for the losing team. Even the PN-G fans were taken aback and a bit embarrased by it. PN-G should go far this season. The Indians look good and are well-balanced. Hope they do 20-4A proud.

LR1969..You have to be kidding me. We were running out the clock and Harmon just made an excellent run. Its not like we were throwing to the end zone. Also, it was not an onside kick..it was a squib kick to prevent a big return..surely you know the difference.Sounds like you are looking for negatives. Coach Faircloth is big in FCA, so please don't comment on his not saying a prayer with Vidor. IMO it is best to get teams separated after a game as soon as possible,so I have no problem with that. If Matthews wanted to do it he should have asked before the game. I have nothing but respect for Matthews, but we have a classy man in charge of our program. So please don't direct your sour grapes toward a good, christian man. Vidor is tough and should represent well in the playoffs.

Just got back from the game and I will admit that the facilities are top notch. The press box is awesome and rivals most press boxes I've been in. The staff was also very hospitable. All in all, it was a great place to spend a Friday night. As already mentioned, Vidor could have hung in this game if they would diversify their offense somewhat. I think every Vidor pass that was successful was followed by a decent run. In other words, if they would do this a little more, they may take some pressure off of the running game and be a bigger threat.

One thing I have to say since I have read a great deal on the Vidor/PN-G threads about respect for the NDNS. You had my respect before the game but the last minute of the game was an exercise in how NOT to be classy in victory. I think everyone in the stadium expected the quarterback to kneel the ball but he didn't. Vidor never saw it coming and the td was useless at that point. Then, to try an onside kick when you're up 35-13 with less than a minute to go. What was that? And, after the game, to shake hands and run off the field. That's fine but I have always found it very classy that Coach Matthews always invites the opposing team to midfield after the game for prayer, etc. This is the first time I have seen a team not be a part of this or not even give the coach time to ask.

Not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill but it was pretty shocking after watching a hard fought game with some classy PN-G fans to see such a useless and tasteless display of respect for the losing team. Even the PN-G fans were taken aback and a bit embarrased by it. PN-G should go far this season. The Indians look good and are well-balanced. Hope they do 20-4A proud.

I can't go to bed without addressing some of these insane accusations...

1) The score at the end DID INDEED MATTER!  As tight as this district may turn out to be, the points may very well play a big part in the final outcome of the district order.

2) If you had been payng attention at the end, Doty killed as much time as possible, w/o getting a delay penalty, before executing the play.  If Vidor expected them to take a knee, they were the only ones, because I saw no indication of it.  And Harmon is such a back, that, given the ball, he'll get all he can on each run.  In this case, it was a TD...and HE DESERVED IT!

3) That was NOT an onside kick.  What a lousy observation!  He just didn't kick it where it could be returned.  Good plan, otherwise, the last TD would be nullified, in essence.

4) It is OUR tradition for our coaches and players to come to our sidelines and show their appreciation to the band, students and fans, during the last playing of Cherokee.  I'm sorry if OUR tradition, didn't align with what YOU think Matthews' should do at the end of a game.  You stated that Matthews "didn't even ask", yet you're dogging our team for not responding to a request that never even happened?  

5)  You are dead wrong about PNG fans being "embarrassed" by the end of the game actions.  We were PROUD of our team/coaches tonight!   Matthews just started that, and I'm fine with it, but don't get your feelings hurt if every team doesn't change their entire routine, to make YOU happy.

That was an ignorant post!

Man, talk about a slanted interpretation of the ending of this ballgame. Only someone with a pre-existing bias against PN-G could see that finish in this manner. The players went through the exact same routine at the end of this ballgame that they have done after all seven games this year. If you have a problem, you should just come out and say it and stop the B.S. posts !!! I guess if the LR1969 stands for Lumberton Raider, I can see why you are so pissy !!!

Man, talk about a slanted interpretation of the ending of this ballgame. Only someone with a pre-existing bias against PN-G could see that finish in this manner. The players went through the exact same routine at the end of this ballgame that they have done after all seven games this year. If you have a problem, you should just come out and say it and stop the B.S. posts !!! I guess if the LR1969 stands for Lumberton Raider, I can see why you are so pissy !!!

Good point Tribesman....He's apparently a scout for Slumberton, and HE AIN'T HAPPY! with what's about to happen to the Raiders!

Hey man you dont have to direct that kind of negativaty towards Lumberton because one person comes on here and says what he thinks regardless if it makes any sense or not

Hey dudes...First off...Vidor is not my team...

Just stating my observations of a few calls at the end of an otherwise great game...I was not the only one to comment on this at the game and I was around PN-G fans...Those around me were "shocked" and, by their reaction, embarrassed. Sorry for that. Yes, they were proud but taken aback.

As for the prayer bit. I'm not trying to put down Faircloth. I don't know the man. And I didn't say Matthews didn't ask. I said PN-G ran off the field without him even having time to ask (just a statement). This was actually brought to my attention by someone else. And, having seen a few Vidor games in the past, I found it odd to.

Lastly...the sour grapes part doesn't wash so don't pin the sore loser badge on me. I'm just a football fan. Wasn't rooting for either team tonight. Heck..I'm from Lumberton...you see what the Raiders did tonight. No sour grapes here. PN-G won the game but I, and several others, saw the closing moments of the game entirely different from you. This was not a "biased" interpretation. So, get over that one. There was no bias here. I don't hate the Indians or PN-G fans. This is a high school football game (a GAME)...

Lastly, don't start the Lumberton finger pointing. I didn't point fingers at PN-G fans. In fact, I mentioned how classy and hospitable the fans were. And, let me say it early, the PN-G team I saw play tonight should have no problem with Lumberton. I will be rooting for the Raiders but PN-G is far better than I thought they were 3 weeks ago.

Thanks for the negative karma guys (ha).

The game should be televised tomorrow so anyone who wants to see what happened and make up their own mind will have a chance to do so. Gotta love technology!!!

Let me guess....LR....You skipped the Raider game tonight, because you figured it was a lock for Lumberton.  So, in turn, you went to see the game of the week.  Thank you for your attendance.  If you go back and watch the game......PNG ran the ball up the middle the better part of the fourth quarter, so your comments make no sense whatsoever.  Now, being that you skipped out on the sure lock for Lumberton....and hoping to see a PNG defeat, you find out that PNG wins and the sure lock went down the toilet.  I would be really pissed if I were you also.  As a matter of fact, I am suprised you kept it as clean as you did.

A simple run off tackle turns into a huge uproar.  Last time I checked, you are to play until the clock hits 0:00.  PNG was not lined up in the victory formation (they lined up in the victory formation before half so Vidor knew what it looked like).  Vidor had about 5 shots to tackle Harmon on that play and couldn't bring him down.  With that being said, I would have personally just taken a knee.

On the next topic.  The so-called onside kick was clearly a squib down the middle of the field.  The PNG kicker drilled it down the middle of the field but it happened to hit a Vidor player.  That Vidor player immediately fell onto the ball.  The NDNs didn't even attempt to get it.

The so-called onside kick was clearly a squib down the middle of the field.  The PNG kicker drilled it down the middle of the field but it happened to hit a Vidor player.  That Vidor player immediately fell onto the ball.  The NDNs didn't even attempt to get it.

You're right. I didn't think anyone would have thought that was an onside kick. PN-G was just making sure there was no return. And that is a smart play. If you see my post on the other thread (oh, you'll know which one  ;D ) you'll know that I believe we were outcoached tonight. Not just in the second half either. The whole darn game.

A simple run off tackle turns into a huge uproar.  Last time I checked, you are to play until the clock hits 0:00.  PNG was not lined up in the victory formation (they lined up in the victory formation before half so Vidor knew what it looked like).  Vidor had about 5 shots to tackle Harmon on that play and couldn't bring him down.  With that being said, I would have personally just taken a knee.

On the next topic.  The so-called onside kick was clearly a squib down the middle of the field.  The PNG kicker drilled it down the middle of the field but it happened to hit a Vidor player.  That Vidor player immediately fell onto the ball.  The NDNs didn't even attempt to get it.

NDNTime...Like I said...I saw things one way and you saw things another...The game will be televised and others can see it to. In the grand scheme of things, it's nothing. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it. I should have known it would lead to this and I hate that I did bring it up. I have a great deal of respect for PN-G fans and the tradition at PN-G. That's why I was disappointed to see what I saw. But, as I said, in the end it means nothing. You did bring up the Victory formation though so let me address that (as I saw it). They lined up in it before half (as you said) but they kneeled the ball and ran out the clock. That is why I said not kneeling the ball was such a surprise. Had they not lined up as they did, I wouldn't have thought anything of it if they had ran straight up the middle and scored.

Again, though, let me say that I hate that this comment by me has led to all of this. What I hate most is that an individual can't have an opinion/observation without being called "bias", etc. or having his entire community ridiculted. I promise you that I would have made the same comment (and regretted it just as I do here) if this had occurred at Lumberton. There is no bias..no anger...no conspiracy...just an observation. But, again, I should've known better than to bring it up. I've spent enough time on this board to know that it would lead to a name calling thread.

Again, the PN-G fans were great. The atmosphere was great. The facilities are great. The Indians are the team to beat in 20-4A. I hope they go deep into the playoffs. I support 20-4A football and will support the Indians as far as they can go. But, let me have an opinion guys. You don't have to agree with it but don't assume that it's based on some "biased anti-PN-G" crap. It's not. Really. Good luck to ya!!!

A simple run off tackle turns into a huge uproar.  Last time I checked, you are to play until the clock hits 0:00.  PNG was not lined up in the victory formation (they lined up in the victory formation before half so Vidor knew what it looked like).  Vidor had about 5 shots to tackle Harmon on that play and couldn't bring him down.  With that being said, I would have personally just taken a knee.

On the next topic.  The so-called onside kick was clearly a squib down the middle of the field.  The PNG kicker drilled it down the middle of the field but it happened to hit a Vidor player.  That Vidor player immediately fell onto the ball.  The NDNs didn't even attempt to get it.

NDNTime...Like I said...I saw things one way and you saw things another...The game will be televised and others can see it to. In the grand scheme of things, it's nothing. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it. I should have known it would lead to this and I hate that I did bring it up. I have a great deal of respect for PN-G fans and the tradition at PN-G. That's why I was disappointed to see what I saw. But, as I said, in the end it means nothing. You did bring up the Victory formation though so let me address that (as I saw it). They lined up in it before half (as you said) but they kneeled the ball and ran out the clock. That is why I said not kneeling the ball was such a surprise. Had they not lined up as they did, I wouldn't have thought anything of it if they had ran straight up the middle and scored.

Again, though, let me say that I hate that this comment by me has led to all of this. What I hate most is that an individual can't have an opinion/observation without being called "bias", etc. or having his entire community ridiculted. I promise you that I would have made the same comment (and regretted it just as I do here) if this had occurred at Lumberton. There is no bias..no anger...no conspiracy...just an observation. But, again, I should've known better than to bring it up. I've spent enough time on this board to know that it would lead to a name calling thread.

Again, the PN-G fans were great. The atmosphere was great. The facilities are great. The Indians are the team to beat in 20-4A. I hope they go deep into the playoffs. I support 20-4A football and will support the Indians as far as they can go. But, let me have an opinion guys. You don't have to agree with it but don't assume that it's based on some "biased anti-PN-G" crap. It's not. Really. Good luck to ya!!!

LR1969,

I'm with you.  I said that I would have personally taken a knee as I'm sure you would have.  But we aren't the ones on the field.  These are 16-18 year olds playing with lots of emotion, but you have to respect the fact that PNG didn't even put the ball up in the air in the 4th quarter.  Our balanced offense became very unbalanced in the 4th because all we did was run it.  PNG killed the clock the entire quarter.  And like I said earlier, Vidor had about 5 shots to tackle Harmon on the last run, but just didn't wrap up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder