Like or Dislike 4 Teams in the Playoffs???

How does everyone feel about 4 teams going to the Playoffs ,

Besides money,and that teams can say they made the Playoffs .what benefit is there for competition

It almost seems to me that it takes the fight out of competition and bragging rights.

Why don't they just send everyone for a tournament....Double elimination....

JMO I like a big school and small school..and maybe a 3rd 1 just because they might have had a bad night ,and may be be better than there record.......But 4 seems to many....

Does anyone agree or disagree?

I like the 4 team format. 2 for the big/2 for the small. Plus I believe there are some districts in east and north texas that have alot of teams in their district which sends alot of teams home packing for the offseason. I have no problem with it tho, I kinda see it as a way to improve the TEAMS skills by playing new tougher competition teams, more experience by more play time for the younger kids will be back the following year, better experience for the coach's as well. Just my .02.

Like it or Dislike it.  Its all about the kids, the more kids involved the better.   If you win the state championship you have definitely earned it.  Most of the time a 3rd or 4the place team is eliminated pretty quick.

Dislike.

Dislike.

Life's about learning how to accept success as well as defeat.

4 teams is too many...as is 3 teams.  I understand more kids experience the playoffs, but it is almost defeating the purpose when many 3-7 type teams make the playoffs in a 6 team district and then get their brains beat in during the 1st round of playoffs.  What does that accomplish?  2 teams is a true measure of the district.

Guest EagleFan01

I dislike the 4 team format and sending 3 teams. They should send just two teams and that is it. Pretty soon its gonna be everyteam in the state goes to the playoffs. There making things easy for kids they want everyone to be a winner, life isn't that easy and if you keep doing this with them they are gonna go into life thinking everything should be giving to them. The way things are right now you can win 2 games in some districts and make the playoffs that is just ridiculous in my opinion.

Strongly dislike! I wish there were only two teams from each district as is. I hate the third place team gets to make it.  Even though some have had playoff success, in my opinion, three teams makes district play mean less.  I wouldnt be upset even if they narrowed it down to one team per district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder