Lumberton V. Dayton (If you look please take the poll)

Lumberton OR Dayton  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Lumberton OR Dayton

• Lumberton
    • Dayton

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dayton has a pretty strong defense and a couple of players on offense that can turn the game around. Their RB and QB are very dangerous' date=' and their team has a lot of speed. In my book, Lumberton is a decided underdog going into this game.[/quote'] And Dayton's defense was very quick as well. I was impressed with their spped on Defense. :shock:

i should be more specific about lumberton beating silsbee it was a scrimmage a few weeks back that they played in game format' date=' though they only played 3 quarters don't know why. however by all accounts and the score lumberton stomped them pretty bad[/quote']

It doesn't really matter, but at least get the facts straight. Lumbertons 1st team scored on Silsbee 2nd team with only seconds left to go in the third QTR, and they only played three. So "stomped really bad " gives a false read on both teams, and while we are at it, this group of Lumberton players did lose to Silsbee in the 8th and 9th grade, and they did get stomped pretty badly both those years, and I have the tapes to prove it.

With that being said, I was very impressed with Lumberton in the scrimmage. They have improved alot as a team since the last time I watched them play, and have proven to me at least, over the last few weeks, they are committed to winning. I wish them all the Luck, and I think they will pull out a few more before its over.

...........and remember lumberton beat silsbee(scrimage), and silsbee beat sterling, who then beat central-who is ranked #2, so silsbee could beat central, and did beat nederland (scrimage)- ranked #1, All of this in unreality really says alot for the raiders.

The score in the 3 quarter scrimmage was 20-13, with Lumberton scoring in the last seconds of the 3rd. I do know that the Tigers had their subs in for the whole 3rd, not sure about the Raiders.

With this said, any team hanging their hat on winning a scrimmage( if there is a such thing as winning a scrimmage) that team is flat out reaching. Silsbee outscored Nederland in their scrimmage, but I would not say we beat them.

Silsbee's record is 2-1, wins over Houston Sterling and Newton, loss to PNG. That's the only record I know of. If you are going to count scrimmages, then the Texans have 3 wins already and not 0-3.

i have to believe that vidor or lcm is due for an "upset" over the "powerhouse" lumberton. who knows, maybe both of them will surprise some people. I say lumberton 4-6 too. good team, but still the same old lumberton in my opinion when it comes to district play. its too tough to upset enough teams to make a playoff run. just my opinion, but i'm sure somebody from lumberton will put me in my place.

i should be more specific about lumberton beating silsbee it was a scrimmage a few weeks back that they played in game format' date=' though they only played 3 quarters dont know why. however by all accounts and the score lumberton stomped them pretty bad[/quote']

Also no special teams something that the Tigers do well (kick return and punt returns and Field goals)...

I think this should be a good game i want Lumberton to win but with the recent injuries and some key players not playin they are going to have to play near perfect football Dayton is a very athletic team and with (Garza one of their top recievers maybe not playin and #44 Darby chilek not playin it is gonna be tough) good luck to dayton

Garza didn't play against Cleveland and is recovering from a foot injury he sustained in the BC game.

I haven't heard about Darby's injury. He is probably the best defensive players we have and is a big part of why the Raiders have only allowed an avg of 211 yards per game. I hope he gets well soon.

What's the injury?

#44 really needs to play this week after talking trash to a Dayton coach coming off the field at halftime. It would be a shame for him to miss the game after telling the coach "we will take care of you next week". And for all of you that will say "why was the coach down there anyway" he was down, along the fence in the endzone, trying to see how big Lumberton is, and was in no way antagonizing anyone.

You are right about one thing a kid from Dayton did say something to #44 AFTER halftime, and after 44 said what he did to his position coach. From what I heard the kid from Dayton wishes he had just kept his mouth shut. Neither one of them are right for saying anything to begin with. I hate to hear that he is so sick. You never like to hear about a kid who is hurting or so sick that it might cost them their season.

Guest Football

its nice to see that the lumberton folks have their excuses ready for dropping their first game of the season. its amazing how peopole are now hurt when district starts.

i usually don't post, but after reading this Lumberton talk for the last month...... i can't keep quiet.

I agree with setxfan... predictable... talk that much smack, get a lucky blown coverage, and two horrible, game changing calls by the refs to pull out a victory over BC... Then district rolls around and the excuses start flowing! I'm sure monday, we'll here about how "they could've killed dayton" if they had all their players.

Lumberton, You've brought this on yourself. Your like the little kid who never got invited to the Big Boy's party. Then one day you show up, don't know how to act, make a fool of yourself, and are never invited again.

The next few weeks are going to be great.

We are not making execuses. Our top receiver didn't play this past Friday but did anybody hear anything about that?

Darby (#44) received an injury to his spleen in the Cleveland game and may not return all season. What is amazing is that after 35 years of playing and following football i have never heard of a spleen injury. Then in two days i hear of two with Simms from the Bucs and Darby from the Raiders.

We will certainly miss him and wish him and his family a speedy recovery.

i didn't say anything about the kids not being hurt. i know of kids from h-j being out, bc kids being out, vidor players not being able to play with injuries. every team has injuries, but noone else gets on the board and starts telling everyone about them when you are about to get beat. im sure the people in BC could start complaining about Dishon being hurt, but they are not. i feel bad for the kid if he is hurt, and i do hope he recovers. the post was not aimed at him. it was aimed at the people who are going to say saturday morning how Lumberton would have won if he would have been in the game.

That's where you are wrong!! :!:

We are going to be saying we "WON" even though we had two hurt players AND we will be saying we told you so! :lol:

Nobody outside of Lumberton give us a chance but all of you are WRONG! :wink:

If we lose it will be a close one and we will not be making execuses, at least not on this board! :roll:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder