*OF vs. HF/OF wins 54-9/Comments

I'm really disappointed in my Longhorns this year.  But its not their fault.  The Head Coach is trying to run a 3A program like a 5A program.  The kids in 3A programs need to play however many sports they want to play not concentrate on one because then you get most of your athletes play one sport and its not football, so that's one reason your losing every game.  HF has plenty of talent at the school why not use it to your advantage besides being just a football coach!  I Hope Coach Tilton our defensive coordinator gets the head coaching position next year because he knows Longhorn Spirit and Pride that we have always been known for.  It has faded completely away since Coach Tarver left.  Coach Tilton was his defensive coordinator back in the good old days  (O zone)!!!  I hope this message gets out!

Thanks,  C/O '97 longhorn strong

You hit the nail on the head, its coaching, coaching, coaching.... Several kids at OF who most people would consider the school's best athletes aren't playing football as they opted to concentrate on baseball or basketball.  However, Coach H has them believing in themselves and each other.  What a difference a year makes, last year OF and HJ fought it out for the chance to lose, the only thing that has really changed is the coach at OF.

I think we need to give Coach Mangan 1 more year. Basically what he has to work with is JV talented players playing at the Varsity level, and freshman talent playing at the JV Level. If he does not do anything with the experience and talent he will hopefully have back next year, then IMHO a change will need to be made.

You hit the nail on the head, its coaching, coaching, coaching.... Several kids at OF who most people would consider the school's best athletes aren't playing football as they opted to concentrate on baseball or basketball.  However, Coach H has them believing in themselves and each other.  What a difference a year makes, last year OF and HJ fought it out for the chance to lose, the only thing that has really changed is the coach at OF.

Wait a minute! Didn't HF have a coaching change about 2 years ago? And two years prior to that, HF was losing, right? Plus, HF has a strong youth football league and these players grow and play with each other thru high school. If Orangefield can look this good, surely HF has the majic somewhere.

I think we need to give Coach Mangan 1 more year. Basically what he has to work with is JV talented players playing at the Varsity level, and freshman talent playing at the JV Level. If he does not do anything with the experience and talent he will hopefully have back next year, then IMHO a change will need to be made.

Honestly, he has done nothing with the experience and talent he has had in the past. Look back at the class of '09. They had guys like Burrell, Daigle, Koehl, and East who had been starters since they were sophomores and look what he did with that.

They may have had the experience but I question the talent overall.

I'm really disappointed in my Longhorns this year.  But its not their fault.  The Head Coach is trying to run a 3A program like a 5A program.  The kids in 3A programs need to play however many sports they want to play not concentrate on one because then you get most of your athletes play one sport and its not football, so that's one reason your losing every game.  HF has plenty of talent at the school why not use it to your advantage besides being just a football coach!  I Hope Coach Tilton our defensive coordinator gets the head coaching position next year because he knows Longhorn Spirit and Pride that we have always been known for.  It has faded completely away since Coach Tarver left.  Coach Tilton was his defensive coordinator back in the good old days  (O zone)!!!  I hope this message gets out!

if hf was smart in any way they would see that the need COACH BROUSSARD BACK!  he should be the AD....coach tindle could be a great guy idk him i just know broussard made the program better....it is coaching...i know of 2 coaches that had the class of 09 go undefeated when they were freshman....

if hf was smart in any way they would see that the need COACH BROUSSARD BACK!  he should be the AD....coach tindle could be a great guy idk him i just know broussard made the program better....it is coaching...i know of 2 coaches that had the class of 09 go undefeated when they were freshman....

You can't compare jv wins to next years varsity wins or losses. Like in any sport, some kids will improve with speed and skills while others will not. Plus as players begin to advance to the next level, the cream of the crop rises too.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder