WOS vs. Silsbee/Silsbee wins 13-7/Comments

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job tonight Tigers. I think the hungriest team won tonight. Silsbee out played WOS in every categorie. Silsbee Defense had another great night.  Prayers with the injured WOS player. And kudos to the WOS band. They stayed there all night, in the rain, playing for their team. One thing WOS beat Silsbee in tonight was school spirit.

Speed teams that hurts though, talking to Memorial person now and he said the same thing. On a dry field North Shore would have won!

But does not a great team have the ability to win no matter what the conditions are? If your a fair weather team, how would would you justify being ranked high in the polls if you knew that you couldnt win in bad weather?

OK folks lets get this straight, Silsbee DOMINATIDED tonight. On defense and offense. WOS came out in the spread and couldn't move the ball and then went under center with very little success. The Tiger defense was just wild tonight. Silsbee offense had success with the pass early and WOS made there defensive adjustment and Silsbee went to there run game and WOS just could not keep up. It is probably a good thing it was a wet and muddy field, because if it were dry Silsbee would have blown them out. You could tell the players from Silsbee wanted the game more than the players from WOS.

Guest Silsbee88

Yes and they were slipping and sliding as well. 50/50 chance in these kinds of conditions. Guy told me North Shore was doing the same thing.

Then that makes it a 50/50 chance on a dry field!!!  No EXCUSES

Speed teams that hurts though, talking to Memorial person now and he said the same thing. On a dry field North Shore would have won!

Maybe so but the Tigers have been considered a speed team as well.

I agree.  From what I saw, Silsbee is every bit as fast as WOS, and Jasper surely is as fast as either.  Maybe faster.  Just my take from seeing all three teams albeit from Jasper's side of the stadium.   ;)

The score was closer than the actual game.  There can be no excuses as both teams run a spread, have speed, and played on a muddy field.  Both teams had turnovers and were slipping.  If anything Silsbee's miscues (blocked punt for WOS score)actually allowed WOS to get some "freebie" points otherwise they wouldn't have gotten on the board.  WOS's desperation drive under 2 minutes will inflate their offensive stats.  Did WOS even have 100 yards of offense?

Guest Silsbee88

Wait this just in compliment of our GREAT ORANGE LEADER,

Silsbee      WO-S

First downs        15            4

Rushes-yards  50-100      27-57

Passing            85            8

Comp-Att-Int  3-12-0    3-11-1

Fumbles-Lost    3-2          3-1

Penalties-Yards  4-35        4-48

Now Mr. Coop, would you like to review these stats before we discuss mistakes etc!  ;D ;D

Pass attempts, completions very similar; WOS had one interception; but Silsbee had one more fumble turnover than WOS; penalties resulted in -13 for WOS!

Only difference I see is that WOS under estimated Silsbee speed and athletisism.  Silsbee dominates wet field or dry!

The score was closer than the actual game.  There can be no excuses as both teams run a spread, have speed, and played on a muddy field.  Both teams had turnovers and were slipping.  If anything Silsbee's miscues (blocked punt for WOS score)actually allowed WOS to get some "freebie" points otherwise they wouldn't have gotten on the board.  WOS's desperation drive under 2 minutes will inflate their offensive stats.  Did WOS even have 100 yards of offense?

I have Silsbee with 215 total yards, WOS 65.

Wait this just in compliment of our GREAT ORANGE LEADER,

Silsbee      WO-S

First downs        15            4

Rushes-yards   50-100      27-57

Passing             85             8

Comp-Att-Int   3-12-0     3-11-1

Fumbles-Lost     3-2          3-1

Penalties-Yards  4-35        4-48

Now Mr. Coop, would you like to review these stats before we discuss mistakes etc!  ;D ;D

Pass attempts, completions very similar; WOS had one interception; but Silsbee had one more fumble turnover than WOS; penalties resulted in -13 for WOS!

Only difference I see is that WOS under estimated Silsbee speed and athletisism.  Silsbee dominates wet field or dry!

sad,sad,sad    :'(

Guest Silsbee88

I have Silsbee with 215 total yards, WOS 65.

I want your stats AAW, has anyone checked on Coop, someone may need to go take all sharp object from him for several day, do not let him near any glass windows above ground level! ;D ;D ;D

Even with numbers like that Mark Roberts dropped a pass that would have given WO-S the lead and probably the win.  :P

Kerry, it's comments like that which make you look like a complete idiot.

I am really believing that to be the case for real now.

Are you going to force me to comment on Silsbee's misfortunes tonight? Tigers should have won this game 21-0 at the least.

Guest Silsbee88

Even with numbers like that Mark Roberts dropped a pass that would have given WO-S the lead and probably the win.  :P

Silsbee dropped quite a few passes as well!  You know you cannot win this Coop, WOS played well, they were not the better team tonight

Even with numbers like that Mark Roberts dropped a pass that would have given WO-S the lead and probably the win. :P

What?

Are we to start talking what ifs?  If the ball wouldn't have been missnapped WOS wouldn't have gotten the block nor scored.  We can what if as well.

I would like to point out on thing that I thought was a little classless in an opponents homefield.  The mustang coaches allowed their players to come across the field sliding on their stomachs in the mud on the Tiger's side of the field. I know this fired up some Silsbee players and coaches.  With limited people in the stands I could hear one Tiger coach saying " That's OK they are about to get all they can handle." And they did.  Yes I did see the Tiger's players as well as a coach doing this after the game but they were celebrating post game on our sideline or the middle of our homefield.

Even with numbers like that Mark Roberts dropped a pass that would have given WO-S the lead and probably the win. :P

Kind of like Silsbee allowing Wos to score on a bad snap. If that had not of happend, 0 for WOS. ;)