Should QB's get hit at practice

As a former QB ( not a very good one ), I say no......especially if your backup isn't very good. It's just too easy to suffer an injury. I understand what FreshStang is trying to say. However, IMO I don't think you can really tackle someone half-speed trying not to hurt them....probably end up getting hurt yourself.

Just my 2 cents.

Last I heard, the QB is a part of the 11 players on offense.  I say hit him.  If you don't want to hit the QB, how about no hitting?  Just play flag football in practice and see how prepared you are on Friday nights...  These are Teenage boys, not men in their late 30's or early 40's.  If the QB don't want to get hit, bring somebody in that don't mind getting hit or hitting somebody.  This is my 2 cents...

Last I heard, the QB is a part of the 11 players on offense.  I say hit him.  If you don't want to hit the QB, how about no hitting?  Just play flag football in practice and see how prepared you are on Friday nights...  These are Teenage boys, not men in their late 30's or early 40's.  If the QB don't want to get hit, bring somebody in that don't mind getting hit or hitting somebody.  This is my 2 cents...

I agree--and if his last name is close to ROMO----BLITZ HIM  :-[

you dont have to worry about it cause wilkerson is no sissy..

should a QB get hit in practise?

yes but no...

a QB should NOT be beaten on play after play if given the chance...

BUT

i think that the QB needs some contact!! it's called practise because thats exactly what you're going to do in the game on friday nights! you think the other team is going to run past the QB? heck no! their going to rough him up as bad as they can!!

now, im not saying you should go 100% full force into the guy but give him a little bump here and there and at least wrap him up!

when i practised the rule was NOT to touch the QB no matter the scenario but the QB can do whatever he wants to the defense and get away with it?

wrap him up but dont drive him to the ground going 100%....

thats my opinion about it...

Guest bleed orange

Even back in the late 70's and early 80's a quarterback wore a red jersey. Which meant you did not hit the QB. Now if the QB took it upon himself to hit a helpless defender, he paid the price. The coaches made sure of it. The QB learned quick.

IMO, generally no, unless it's very controlled.  They have plenty of opportunities to get hit in the game.  You don't want your 1st string QB going into a game with sore passing arm or a bummed up leg.  The first time that happens in practice, you'll change your mind.

IMO, generally no, unless it's very controlled.  They have plenty of opportunities to get hit in the game.  You don't want your 1st string QB going into a game with sore passing arm or a bummed up leg.  The first time that happens in practice, you'll change your mind.

I agree, not worth the risk, nothing wrong with light contact but no sacks. you really don't want that in a real game so why practice. I think he understands the threat just by seeing what is on the other side of his offensive line!

Hit em

Qb's in my opinion are babied to me... being a former dt nt an c at wos where even the slightest touch on the qb was not allowed was totally wackk i mean u aint gotta hittem hard or nothin but a lil somethin somethin jus to showem they gon have to take a few hits in the game should be allowed just sayyin

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline