Baytown Sterling vs. Baytown Lee!!!

Guest Ranger83

How is Lee?

They have some good size and solid skill position athletes. Their problem seems to be with depth. They have a lot of guys that go both ways. In 5A football, that is never a good thing.

Should be a close game. I hope the fans in Baytown come out for this one. Probably be the last time they play each other in a "district" game.

Go Rangers!

I hope we win but losing to New Caney doesnt provide me with any confidence that this will be a run away from the Rangers...It appears to me (from looking at results, so i could be wrong since I havent seen either team play this year) that Sterling is worse than last year and will have a hard time beating Lee much less putting them away by a large margin....

ya. In all seriousness. They are worse than last year. Kogut and the Oline is gone..not lookin too good. But who doesnt play better against their cross town rival??

meh...your talkin to a guy who saw lee hang something like 48 points on my rangers in one quarter back when i was in school...Lee is no longer that good, but if anything Sterling played up to par most of my 4 years and got destroyed, minus my freshman year when we won....and that year was prolly more of Sterling finally playing to their ability again that year (99 was frustrating, they shouldve made the playoffs, that team wouldve dominated Sterling last year) and Lee playing a little down...

These two teams are about evenly matched from all I can tell.

Sterling should not be having this much trouble against these teams they have been playing.  The Rangers have a lot of athletic guys on the roster.  Rashawn Williams for one, I can't believe he hasn't blossomed into a great player.  He and Trey Murray were both about equally as good on the Gander freshman team three years ago.  Williams had size and speed and like dot hit.  He can't do anything with the ball in his hands, so they are wasting him on offense.  He is a safety all the way.  CJ Mixon would sure look good in Gander maroon right now too.

It's a shame that he and Adam Maguire both moved out of Lee's zone right before the season began.

It really put Lee in a bind.

The Ganders have probably 5 or 6 guys that will play D1 football eventually.

That's about it though.  They don't have a whole lot of those type guys that have been in the system four years and are just reall solid high school football players.  We used to have a ton of those, but now they are all at Sterling or GCM with the realignment.

Lee can move the ball well at times if they can stay away from the turnovers.  They must have 25 turnovers at this point through the first five games of the season.  It's comical really.  They just have no ball security whatsoever.  They have two good running backs and a fantastic receiver, but he plays too much defensive back and tires himself out.

I think the Ganders will score probably 28-35, but I don't doubt that the Rangers could put up 40.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder