Liberty vs. Huffman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think bushpilot is still sad about the 55-0 whipping his team took

Sad? Uh OK, you got me there.......

and of course he turns to my thread topics to relinquish his anger/sadness, hoping for pity, receiving cold posts..

No anger here, I love this! My post on this topic is a classic case of, "the truth hurts"!

Guest football84

Now that it is finally here, I still think Huffman wins this game.  Liberty did have an off week to get prepared for it, so I would expect to see a few new wrinkles from them.

Guest PrimeTime

Weather shouldnt be a factor in this game, granted hurricane winds aren't in the forecast. I think Huffmans QB puts his head on right and throws some pretty good balls Friday night under the lights. Liberty better have a pretty good game plan for this one. That Huffman team has some work to do to keep those playoff hopes alive.

You look at the kids Liberty has and you have to ask, "why aren't they winning"? There's talent there, there's speed there, there's size, what's missing? When I was in school in Hardin the word was always Liberty has a "click" and if you're not in it then you're left out. Is this true? Is it coaching? Attitude? Someone ellaborate their thoughts.

I feel like its different now. Its not really like that now. A couple years ago the local cops called a small group, made up of football players, cheerleaders, etc., the "elite brass". we all laughed at the thought that they were trying to seperate the trouble makers from everyone else. But the truth is we all used to hangout with everyone. I think every football team has to be close. Its just how it happens. If youve ever played you know that you just get close to the guys that play with you. Thats one great thing about when school is over, you still have those same group of friends. Real friends. I

I dont think Liberty's team lacks that togetherness. I know most of those guys and they are pretty close, closer than last years class. They do have the talent to win games. But, like I said before, they are not used to winning...

Guest PrimeTime

Not used to winning? A few years back huffman went three and seven, the following two years two deep in the playoffs. How do you think that came to be? New coach, new attitude, and the loss of a loser mentality. If they have what it takes and the athletes to compete then someone needs to find a way to make it happen.... Don't you think??? ???   

I agree. I think Liberty's coach is one the right route...I mean..look what they did at home agaisnt Kville...or on the road agaisnt cleveland..big strides agaisnt teams that they "shouldnt havve been able to play with"

But, this current senior class hasnt won more than 10 games since they were in seventh grade..its going to be hard.

OK time to lose Karma,

This is a must win game for the Panthers - a season breaker if they lose.  Pantherplaya, what the Panthers did against K'Ville and Cleveland - Did they not lose to K'Ville 37-0 and Cleveland 29-6.  IF those wins are signs of improvement then Liberty was a lot lower than I remember - and they were not that bad. 

Liberty has a group of pretty talented kids that for some reason can't seem to get a complete game together.  If they ever do put 4 good quarters together then they can beat most teams in their district.  But I believe that comes from the coaches and team leaders.  What I have heard is that while this team is really not bad on the talent level they appear to lack the 2 - 3 kids that step in and LEAD the team and until they find a few players to step up as team leaders they might be in trouble for awhile.  My experience is that a few good leaders on any team makes that team perform better.

As far as the supposed "click" I have never witnessed that - Coach Stewart - while not perfect - was hard on the players and expected them to practice hard and show up for practice.  I saw numerous times that a player who was not targeted early as a starter or even a varsity player was given a chance to play Firday nights if he practiced hard and gave his all - and they were definitely not a member of any "click".  But his teams were almost always prepared to play.  Even when he was under fire and his teams played other quality teams generally at least there was a competitive game. 

The loser mentallity.....We all love our players and want so much for them to succeed, it's hard to get kids to not accept losing as being OK. After a tough loss, we hug them and say, "good game, you'll get them next time", that's the parental train of thought. Where in actuallity we want to say, "what the heck were you thinking, how could you miss that pass, block somebody". Liberty has talent no doubt, they just need to find that missing link that propels them past the loser mentallity.

This is my post from weeks ago and I still have the same opinion. . .stats are just a little off now  ;)

Hmmmm well PANTHERPLAYA I am sure you already think I am going to choose Huffman just to go against Liberty. . .and I AM going to choose Huffman, but rather than picking a team based on blind pride I am going to let the defense do the talking. Before the Coldspring game Huffman’s defense had only allowed 102 rushing yards (on avg) per game. Since Liberty is primarily a running team ( over 70% of their total offense coming from the ground attack) this gives Huffman advantage point #1. Second Huffman has what has proven to be the best producing aerial attack in the district and since Liberty’s “D†has been kind of sketchy this year Huffman gains advantage point #2.

OUTCOME: Huffman 35 – Liberty 14

This is my post from weeks ago and I still have the same opinion. . .stats are just a little off now  ;)

Hmmmm well PANTHERPLAYA I am sure you already think I am going to choose Huffman just to go against Liberty. . .and I AM going to choose Huffman, but rather than picking a team based on blind pride I am going to let the defense do the talking. Before the Coldspring game Huffman’s defense had only allowed 102 rushing yards (on avg) per game. Since Liberty is primarily a running team ( over 70% of their total offense coming from the ground attack) this gives Huffman advantage point #1. Second Huffman has what has proven to be the best producing aerial attack in the district and since Liberty’s “D†has been kind of sketchy this year Huffman gains advantage point #2.

OUTCOME: Huffman 35 – Liberty 14

Who is your team Kats?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder