*Hardin vs. Anahuac/Anahuac wins 55-0/comments

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So since Tebow hasn't really gotten to practice for the last two weeks, do you think that Urban Meyer will hold him out of the LSU game?  I mean, keeping him healthy will make their chances of winning out better and a loss to the #4 team in the nation might not keep them out of the BCS championship game.  Especially if LSU loses another game.  So maybe Meyer should just hold Tebow out of the game.

That scenario is unthinkable because Urban Meyer wants to win them all.  Obviously Haynes doesnt'.  Villamez didn't walk hurt or run hurt.  He averaged 10 yards per carry.  If he had been in teh game from teh beginning he might have taken a little of that pressure off of Taylor and he might have gotten off to a better start throwing the ball.  A coach, team, and community that will tolerate not playing a game to win is unthinkable.  But I am now aware that one exists.

Let's see if we can put this is plain English so you people can understand.

1. Tim Tebow has nothing to do with this.  He can not come back until a doctor clears him...so maybe he will be held out.

2. Mitch was wearing a brace so no, he would probably not look look injured.

3. If you put too much strain on an unhealed injury you could reinjure it and  make it take longer to heal   

completely.

4. NO coach with an ounce of sense would take a chance on a player being out even longer because he let him

play too much before he was completely ready.   He doesn't want to do something stupid  that  might keep

him out the rest of the season.

5.  Every coach wants to win every game,

6.  I hope you never coach a team of any kind, because you evidently put the win over the well being of the

boys or girls on you team.

7.  You don't act like a rebel for Christ.  You run down the decisions others make and you don't even know the

"why's" and the facts.

Well to answer back to about half of this, players lie all the time so they can play. In a sport, playing through the pain is usually called heart, will, or guts. I knew a guy, played nose guard with a broken leg for a whole half. Beating Anahuac is something they all wanted to do. I remember when we beat a really good BH team that nobody thought we could. That game was more important to us just because it was ahuge win for us. If Hardin thought they could have won, he would have played. Brace or no brace. I bet he wanted to. If he wants to play, why should anyone, doctor or whoever else, stop him...

are you serious when you post?? im just wondering because that was pretty dumb.. heart, will, or guts.. its an injury idiot... anahuac could have hurt his ankle even more and he wouldnt have got to finish out the district... and if a doctor doesnt release you then your coach should have enough sense to not let you play....

First - I am a Liberty Panther backer - son played there for 4 years and I still live there and still loudly and often yell for the Panthers to win.

BushPilot, quit bashing the Panthers - no this year they are not that good but they will be back - but they still have not lost anyone over the last 2 years by 55 points.

Hardin at the moment is the better team record wise and I wish them all the best and hope they dominate the district and go a long way in the playoffs - that is what "GOOD" neighbors do - support all the teams in their area because all these young men work long and hard to perform on the football field.  Some succeed and some fall a little short - but we should support all teams.

I also think that if a teams best player can play and it is not a career ending injury risk that most - and I say most - High School and college teams would play their best player if they thought that they could win specially if it might mean no making the playoffs.  It happens every Friday and Saturday night.  I also heard that the Villemez boy did play early and that when it was noted that Hardin was not going to win they pulled him - generally a sound coaching decision.

This is all guesswork at the moment - lets just assume that the coach and Villemez made a good decision not to play more than he did and leave it at that.  I still say that Hardin had better not take Buna or EC for granted on they might come 1 game short of the play offs.

Go Panthers 8)

"You don't act like a rebel for Christ.  You run down the decisions others make and you don't even know the

"why's" and the facts."

Nanna,

Am I to assume that you think that since I am a Christian I am not allowed to disagree or have a different point of view than someone else?  Did it ever occur to you that my son might play for Hardin and I might be a little upset about the decision making that is causing my son to come home from a 55-0 loss and cry? 

All I am saying is that before the season started we were on here discussing Villamez's possibly playing for Oklahoma or Texas a&m.  He better be tougher than he was Friday night if he is goign to play for those programs.  Anyone who knows anything about football knows that Mitch not playing last Friday was a bad decision.

PS.  christians have opinions too.

"You don't act like a rebel for Christ.  You run down the decisions others make and you don't even know the

"why's" and the facts."

Nanna,

Am I to assume that you think that since I am a Christian I am not allowed to disagree or have a different point of view than someone else?  Did it ever occur to you that my son might play for Hardin and I might be a little upset about the decision making that is causing my son to come home from a 55-0 loss and cry? 

All I am saying is that before the season started we were on here discussing Villamez's possibly playing for Oklahoma or Texas a&m.   He better be tougher than he was Friday night if he is goign to play for those programs.  Anyone who knows anything about football knows that Mitch not playing last Friday was a bad decision.

Christians don't rush to judgement!!! You are nothing but a hypocrite!!!

are you serious when you post?? im just wondering because that was pretty dumb.. heart, will, or guts.. its an injury idiot... anahuac could have hurt his ankle even more and he wouldnt have got to finish out the district... and if a doctor doesnt release you then your coach should have enough sense to not let you play....

He played...

"why's" and the facts."

Nanna,

All I am saying is that before the season started we were on here discussing Villamez's possibly playing for Oklahoma or Texas a&m.   He better be tougher than he was Friday night if he is goign to play for those programs.  Anyone who knows anything about football knows that Mitch not playing last Friday was a bad decision.

Yes Christians do and should have opinions and give them when appropriate.  If I missunderstood what you were saying I apologize. It just seemed that you were critizing the coach, Mitch and anyone else in town that did not agree with your thoughts and who cares about an injury.

I have grown children who played sports and I know what it feels like to us and them when a game like that happens.  However, I feel if you want to say something about a coach, a teacher, a principal or anyone else of authority, it should be to them,in private, not on a public forum.  How else are we ever going to show kids today what respect is.  That doesn't mean they have to agree with everyone, but they should learn to show respect. 

WHS, if I'm not mistaken WOS has 2 going to OU this year.

That may be so.WOS always has some big name players that get national recognition.I watched 3 former WOS players on the field a couple of weeks ago when UT played Tech.I don't know any of this years WOS players but I haven't seen the publicity that usually goes with these kinds of recruits.That being said you can't compare the high school programs of Hardin and WOS.I hope the kid from Hardin gets completely well and goes on to play football on Saturday, I would just be really surprised if it's in Norman,that's one of the biggest programs on the collegiate level.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder