Hardin vs. Anahuac

Guest hardin82

Yeah that's real mature.  2big4britches.....that's cute.  Hey this started 3 posts ago when the comment was made about Hardin lowering standards and implication being made of "backing down".  I just made a statement about the simple truth that THIS GAME DOESN'T MATTER.  I do pull for the other teams in district come playoff time but if stones are gonna get thrown at me they'll get returned.  Don't get upset with me because I'm thinking big picture.  And fyi, since Hardin dropped down to their appropriate classification they've made the playoffs a lot more often than they haven't.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Moved down to their appropriate classification"? I thought the UIL place schools based on enrollment. Maybe there should be an UIL mercy rule for schools that can't compete with their peers. They can petition the state to place them in a league where they can win district more than once in their history. Hardin can play in 1A and hope Evidale or HD are having a bad year.

After a little research, went back to 2004 and I see that Hardin has made the playoffs twice, '07 and '08. That's 2 out of 5 years.  'knows2much', now that's funny.

You didn't go back quite far enough.  1st time they moved down was in 2000, they made the playoffs both of those years (00-01, 01-02).  Then they moved back to 3A and made it 1 out of the 2 years then.  So that makes it 5 out of 8 years..which is good for Hardin's expectations.  But before that (98-99 and before) Hardin was 3A by less than 10 kids...literally.  Playing in a district with Barbers Hill, Huffman, HJ, Hamshire, Liberty (when Liberty was good).  During that time Anahuac is the only team we could beat.  I know UIL aligns districts according to enrollment, but that still seems a little inappropriate to me.  To each his own I guess.

Guest hardin82

Dear Anahuac  aka *the other Panthers

There is a cockiness in your argument now that should not be. What gives you the right to talk down to anyone? Your program has just recently turned around. Do you really want to argue over who had their basketball shoes on the quickest? Seriously now, this reminds of the year we both went down to 2a in 2000. My senior year, when Anahuac players and teachers got on 97.9 radio show on a Tuesday night before they traveled to Hardin and started saying HOW BAD they were going to beat us. How we weren't any good, and they were going to make us feel the sting. You want to know what happened to your Panthers that game, they lost 54-20. 500 yards passing, an arial attack that NO Anawhack team has ever experienced before. In 2000, many things changed for Hardin, and Anahuac. Great things began to happen for each program. But you must realize something, that didn't just happen in 2000. From 1997-2002 Anahuac was Hardin's warmup game for the rest of the district. I personally have never lost to Anahuac in any organized sport other than Basketball. Only lost to you twice in basketball 99, 01. Please shut your mouth, and realize that Yes, you have a good thing going now, but don't argue about the past, because the PAST has hurt you really bad. Go to the Record books.

As far as the game Friday, I don't really know if Hardin can beat Anahuac at your place. I wouldn't be suprised if they do, but really don't know, it depends on both teams, and who shows up. This will be for the District Championship, I can assure you that.

The comment about what happened to Tebow, he left the hospital sunday feeling great, after a 41-7 shlacking of a red headed step child, just as ANAHUAC was for So many years.

You people are an absolute embarrassment to your school.

The only good athelete of the 20 years I have been around this area to come out of Anahuac was your Q-B in the late 80's, early 90's. His jersey still hangs in your gym. Thats all you should be proud about.

Hardin 35

Anahuac 34

Dear Anahuac  aka *the other Panthers

There is a cockiness in your argument now that should not be. What gives you the right to talk down to anyone? Your program has just recently turned around. Do you really want to argue over who had their basketball shoes on the quickest? Seriously now, this reminds of the year we both went down to 2a in 2000. My senior year, when Anahuac players and teachers got on 97.9 radio show on a Tuesday night before they traveled to Hardin and started saying HOW BAD they were going to beat us. How we weren't any good, and they were going to make us feel the sting. You want to know what happened to your Panthers that game, they lost 54-20. 500 yards passing, an arial attack that NO Anawhack team has ever experienced before. In 2000, many things changed for Hardin, and Anahuac. Great things began to happen for each program. But you must realize something, that didn't just happen in 2000. From 1997-2002 Anahuac was Hardin's warmup game for the rest of the district. I personally have never lost to Anahuac in any organized sport other than Basketball. Only lost to you twice in basketball 99, 01. Please shut your mouth, and realize that Yes, you have a good thing going now, but don't argue about the past, because the PAST has hurt you really bad. Go to the Record books.

As far as the game Friday, I don't really know if Hardin can beat Anahuac at your place. I wouldn't be suprised if they do, but really don't know, it depends on both teams, and who shows up. This will be for the District Championship, I can assure you that.

The comment about what happened to Tebow, he left the hospital sunday feeling great, after a 41-7 shlacking of a red headed step child, just as ANAHUAC was for So many years.

The only good athelete of the 20 years I have been around this area to come out of Anahuac was your Q-B in the late 80's, early 90's. His jersey still hangs in your gym. Thats all you should be proud about.

Hardin 35

Anahuac 34

so you was not around for the early 80's then ? those boys could carry the rock. I say anahuac takes this one 35 14

Dear Anahuac   aka *the other Panthers

Hardin 35

Anahuac 34

Dear hardin82    aka*blah blah

This is what I heard. . . .blah, blah, blah in the past, blah blah blah my senior year, blah blah blah me me me.  Who give's a damn?  First of all, the people on this board representative of Anahuac have been very straight shooting simply predicting the game or talking about circumstances surrounding the game.  uknowit2 and knows2much are not a part of Panther Nation so don't judge a school or community based on idiots with computers.  Since you like talking about the past, look at bushpilot's track record - HE'S A REAL WINNER AND GREAT SUPPORTER OF THE HARDIN PROGRAM!!  I am sure Anahuac wishes he was posting for them!  Also, don't bring up stuff that happened in 2000 because believe it or not, it will not help you in 2009.  That group was 9 years ago - absolutely no connection to the current program.  AP has more pride than that.  In the more recent years you have seen Panther kids on here talking smack and then getting their a$$ whipped 46-6 by whoever (I am sure Hardin beat them).  The clan that roams Pantherland now simply speaks with their pads!!  So feel free to tune your radio to 97.9 or read this board but I guarantee you that you will not see or hear AP football players talking smack.

That being said, this is going to be a great game between two great teams.  Both are high scoring machines and both have defenses geared to stop just about anyone.  Both teams have injuries that have slowed them down.  I hear that Vilamez is coming back.  That will put a little momentum on the Hornets side.  Anahuac has Albritton out but believe me, there are plenty of other weapons in that arsenal.  I have seen Anahuac play twice this year and they are explosive on the ground and in the air!!  Hardin will have a hard time stopping them.  I have yet to see Hardin play but I know they are on a mission and are ready to play the Panthers.  Since this one is being played in Anahuac and I feel that Anahuac is more prepared for a big game I am going to say they will win. 

Score:

Anahuac 48

Hardin 12

I shouldn't say anything, but hardin82 that was the most ridiculous post I have ever seen.  Not to mention that all the cockiness is coming from other nations (+1 for you stangbacker!) and not Anahuac.  Instead of going back in time, try going forward.  Don't throw out BS from 10yrs ago dude, seriously, it makes you look immature.  Make sure you have all the details straight before you go dissing my panthers for comments that other people are making.

Panthers take this one.  The bye week will end up hurting your hornets more than helping them - so good luck!

so im not gonna get into this one too bad... i just wanna watch this game.. but anahuac does have alot of speed and a legit ground game.. hardin has a legit passing game and can mix it with the run some.. i havent seen anahuacs pass game at all not saying they do not have one.. i just wanna see what these two teams bring to play each other.. now for the most important part... some might not see it this way but anahuac has the lineman and thats what is really gonna make this game!! pulling for the hornets

hardin 28

anahuac 24

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder