BH vs CE King Predictions

UgotTRUCKED

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I though I would like to see a 3 TD victory that is going to be better said than done. CE King beat us last year and I exspect to play us just as hard this year. I have BH by 7 it should be a tight game. I don't know what happend last week with Crosby, but I wouldn't add that into the factor at all. Crosby was supposed to be good then got Killed the first two weeks! Against Ennis is understandable ,but PNG????? Don't know what is going on in Cougar land. anyway ;D

BH 35

CEK 28

The EAGLES had a good game against GP and will need to be their A-GAME against King. There are some folks over there who would love to beat the Hill. One of them use to run the BH offense and coached some of the current team as underclassmen. Of course there are some differences because he had two backs that could get 7 or 8 yards a handoff when he was here. He didn't have the wide outs that this team has though. EAGLES will just have to take care of business and for heavens sake protect #11 or it will be a very long district season.

OK.........how do you suggest they protect # 11 when they run him most of the time.  If we continue down the road we went with GP (#11 most every play), he will be at 80% of the carries very soon.  BH has NEVER protected the QB, it's not in their game plan.  It's why we get our tails kicked against a fast defense (Dayton, Kirbyville, Central, etc.). 

Rushing

Name                       Att          Yds      Yds/Att    TD

Matthew Viverette     97  441      4.55         4 

Andrew McMillan            28       141      5.04          2 

Kade Bradford               16  66  4.13  1 

Carter Smith                 4  22  5.5  0 

Cade McDonald              1  9  9  0 

Carter Smith 1  -6  -6  0

Darn if I know. We all see the same things you do. It is just hard to believe that the same school that produced Hanson, Jones, Blake and many others has to count on the QB 90% of the time. It is kind of interesting to watch a spread where the QB is the spread. It is not anyones fault I'm sure if we had a 8th grade running back right now they would move him up.

That's it in a nut shell BH32, really no true running back.  I thought #20 ran very well against GP, and I hope he keeps improving.  He took some hits and got up and came right back at em.  He's only played one game, so we'll have to see how he does this week...but the fact is he is still a Soph and is 2 years behind (in the weight room)  most of the guys on the field.

Someone said we should line up in the "I" formation and let Carter Smith run.  If we were to do that, we would get killed!!!  First off, our line would have to be way better than they are now, and second, I don't think Carter is that type of runner.  He's good in the open, but I've never seen him breaking tackles and running over people.  Then who's going to be the half back?  Is #20 going to be able to lead block every down?

The only reason Carter isn't getting more touches is because everyone is keying on him.  I think when teams realize that Morton and Duke are beating them anyway it may open up for Carter.  I think teams are taking the attitude that these new guys aren't battle tested so they will let them try and beat em, they know they can't let Carter get turned loose or they will have big problems.

I think we just need to except the fact that we don't have a ton of options here, we have to work with the talent on the field.  I think we do a pretty good job in that respect.  Just my opinion.

Darn if I know. We all see the same things you do. It is just hard to believe that the same school that produced Hanson, Jones, Blake and many others has to count on the QB 90% of the time. It is kind of interesting to watch a spread where the QB is the spread. It is not anyones fault I'm sure if we had a 8th grade running back right now they would move him up.

MHS32:  I don't think you can "produce" RB's, the ability is there or it's not. The last bruising back with decent speed was Blake, as you mentioned. We play with the marbles in our bucket and do a pretty good job with good ole' fashion hard work and heart. Do you agree?

That's it in a nut shell BH32, really no true running back.  I thought #20 ran very well against GP, and I hope he keeps improving.  He took some hits and got up and came right back at em.  He's only played one game, so we'll have to see how he does this week...but the fact is he is still a Soph and is 2 years behind (in the weight room)  most of the guys on the field.

Someone said we should line up in the "I" formation and let Carter Smith run.  If we were to do that, we would get killed!!!  First off, our line would have to be way better than they are now, and second, I don't think Carter is that type of runner.  He's good in the open, but I've never seen him breaking tackles and running over people.  Then who's going to be the half back?  Is #20 going to be able to lead block every down?

The only reason Carter isn't getting more touches is because everyone is keying on him.  I think when teams realize that Morton and Duke are beating them anyway it may open up for Carter.  I think teams are taking the attitude that these new guys aren't battle tested so they will let them try and beat em, they know they can't let Carter get turned loose or they will have big problems.

I think we just need to except the fact that we don't have a ton of options here, we have to work with the talent on the field.  I think we do a pretty good job in that respect.  Just my opinion.

If you remember one of our last year in 3A we ran a full back (Clay McWilliams) out in front of our 1/2 back (may have been patton) and out in front of Daniels.  We ran the sweep as good as anyone, just ask Bridge City (at Crosby-playoff game).  I see the same potential in Bradford, as he should run over most linebackers.  Would be interesting to see a few times if nothing else.  # 20 could easily hide behind 34 and break out from behind a block. Might make an interesting play/option.     

If you remember one of our last year in 3A we ran a full back (Clay McWilliams) out in front of our 1/2 back (may have been patton) and out in front of Daniels.  We ran the sweep as good as anyone, just ask Bridge City (at Crosby-playoff game).  I see the same potential in Bradford, as he should run over most linebackers.  Would be interesting to see a few times if nothing else.  # 20 could easily hide behind 34 and break out from behind a block. Might make an interesting play/option.     

Yes, I remember that, the difference is you had a guy like Clay lead blocking.  I'm sorry but at this point 34 hasn't shown that he can handle the job running or blocking. 

One area of concern is at the cornerback position. I think oneside has really stepped up but yet the other side seems to be getting picked one. You would think that maybe they would let the one getting picked one move back to the safety position where he played last year, because there is no doubt that he will lay the wood and bring up one of the safeties toplay corner either one of the safeties would be able to handle this change when needed. ImJusSayn

in 7th grade Carter Smith was the quarterback and we ran the ball everytime with him...but it was the typical middle school put your best player at quarterback and run...i don't think that will work in highschool...we need to run reverses with him...if i was bh i would of tryed a little wildcat offense with all the speed they got

Yes, I remember that, the difference is you had a guy like Clay lead blocking.  I'm sorry but at this point 34 hasn't shown that he can handle the job running or blocking. 

It's all good. We have to do what we have to do with what we got. These guys are alot of fun to watch and you can tell most of them give 100% every play. One just can't help but wonder how good they would be if they had a RB to keep the defense honest. Maybe as we go through district #20 can break a few and get the defenses attention. ;D

in 7th grade Carter Smith was the quarterback and we ran the ball everytime with him...but it was the typical middle school put your best player at quarterback and run...i don't think that will work in highschool...we need to run reverses with him...if i was bh i would of tryed a little wildcat offense with all the speed they got

No comment  ;D ;D ;D

No comment  ;D ;D ;D

Aw Man that was pretty slick how you caught that BHFAN. It got by me for sure. ;D ;D

No comment  ;D ;D ;D

Aw Man that was pretty slick how you caught that BHFAN. It got by me for sure. ;D ;D

Next year we will just do away with the word "Offense" and start calling it "QB Play"........ ;D ;D  I knew BHFAN would not miss that easy duck.... ;D ;D

Someone fly that same duck to the fieldhouse......along with the flock of others in every BH thread.

Guest Ranger83

This thread is getting boring ,so I'm going to fish a little to see if I Can catch a Ranger.

What ever the score is we will beat CE King twice as much as GCM ever could ;D

BY by two TDS

Was there another petrochemical gas leak on the Hill? Do you need to open the windows and "shelter in place"? In through the nose, out through the mouth. It'll be OK soon. It's almost girl's basketball season.;D

CE King by 14

(Catrer and Garrett - GET TO WORK!)

This thread is getting boring ,so I'm going to fish a little to see if I Can catch a Ranger.

BY by two TDS

Was there another petrochemical gas leak on the Hill? Do you need to open the windows and "shelter in place"? In through the nose, out through the mouth. It'll be OK soon. It's almost girl's basketball season.;D

CE King by 14

I got a bite  ;D ;D

Now to reel it in.

We don't have gas leaks! We faked the one in 80's to try to scare Baytonians in hope to keep them from migrating into our fantastic town. We new with such a migration that our athletic and exspecially our academic programs would demise at such a rate that we would only be good at things like Water Polo and Gang wars. ;)

BH by 14

Dayton by 100

Guest Ranger83

You might be from Mt Belvieu if..........

1.  You think "loading the dishwasher" means getting your wife drunk.

2.  You ever cut your grass and found a car.

3.  You own a home that is mobile and 5 cars that aren't.

4.  You think the stock market has a fence around it.

5.  Your stereo speakers used to belong to the Drive-in Theater.

6.  Your boat has not left the drive-way in 15 years.

7.  You own a homemade fur coat.

8.  Chiggers are included on your list of top 5 hygiene concerns.

9.  You burn your yard rather than mow it.

10. Your wife has ever said, "Come move this transmission so I can take a bath."

11. You read the Auto Trader with a highlight pen.

12. The Salvation Army declines your mattress.

13. You've ever raked leaves in your kitchen.

14. Birds are attracted to your beard.

15. Your wife's job requires her to wear an orange vest.

16. You were shooting pool when any of your kids were born.

17. You have the local taxidermist's number on speed dial.

18. You've ever hit a deer with your car...deliberately.

19. Your school fight song was "Dueling Banjos".

20. You think a chain saw is a musical instrument.

21. You've ever given rat traps as gifts.

22. You clean your fingernails with a stick.

23. Your coffee table used to be a cable spool.

24. You keep a can of RAID on the kitchen table.

25. Your wife can climb a tree faster than your cat.

Ranger83, There ya go again, getting us mixed up with Baytown...Gotta hand it to you, You keep the threads interersting..Good luck to ya'll this weekend, should be a good game, don't think ya'll are quite there yet, but it is highschool football, anythings possible....I here your boy is a good athlete, so hope he has a good game and stays safe....We'll be listening Friday night at BH when the scores start coming in from down the road!

Guest Ranger83

BY by two TDS

CE King by 14

I got a bite  ;D ;D

Now to reel it in.

We don't have gas leaks! We faked the one in 80's to try to scare Baytonians in hope to keep them from migrating into our fantastic town. We new with such a migration that our athletic and exspecially our academic programs would demise at such a rate that we would only be good at things like Water Polo and Gang wars. ;)

BH by 14

Dayton by 100

I heard they tried Water Polo at BH, but they could not figure out how to keep the horses from drowning.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86