Newton/Silsbee/Newton wins 21-20

AggiesAreWe

Great Game Newton defense played fairly well considering some of the situations they were put in. Newton had some turnovers tonight and the defense only gave up twenty points. Congrats on the win and great job silsbee. The officials missed alot of calls I watched the game live then got home and watched it on fox 4 the offials missed alot of holding calls and the int was not a pick should have been called incomplete the LB from silsbee never has possesion of the ball he was juggling it and then it fell to the ground. Other than that it was a good game.

You can call holding on every play.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Final stats:

Newton

rushing  44 carries  164 yards  1 TD

passing  4-8  144 yards  2 TD  2 INT's

total    52 plays  308 yards

FD      12

Silsbee

rushing  39 carries  114 yards  1 TD

passing  10-16  164 yards  2 TD's

total  55 plays  278 yards 

FD      15

I'll give individual stats tomorrow some time.

My hats off to both the teams. The Tigers came to the game tonight with Winning on their minds, and almost did. I've looked at the stuff posted about Silsbee games so far, and all the positive things said about the Tigers Showed Up at the Stadium Tonight. The Tigers Never Stopped Trying, Never Looked Down and Tested Newton Big Time.        The Eagles were forced to dig deep to take the lead back from the Tigers, and then just inches on a kick, decided the outcome of a Great Match-up between two talented teams. Congrats to The Eagles for the tough Win, and Congrats to The Tigers for making them earn it.( in case anyone wonders, The Tigers Absolutely Do Have an A-Game. Solid "D", Passing Game and a Kicker with a Fifty Yard Leg )  I Hope the Players that both teams had injured are not hurt badly, and are back in the lineups A.S.A.P. Good Luck to the Tigers on the Rest of Your Season. Go Eagles............. Eagles Rule.

My hats off to both the teams. The Tigers came to the game tonight with Winning on their minds, and almost did. I've looked at the stuff posted about Silsbee games so far, and all the positive things said about the Tigers Showed Up at the Stadium Tonight. The Tigers Never Stopped Trying, Never Looked Down and Tested Newton Big Time.        The Eagles were forced to dig deep to take the lead back from the Tigers, and then just inches on a kick, decided the outcome of a Great Match-up between two talented teams. Congrats to The Eagles for the tough Win, and Congrats to The Tigers for making them earn it.( in case anyone wonders, The Tigers Absolutely Do Have an A-Game. Solid "D", Passing Game and a Kicker with a Fifty Yard Leg )  I Hope the Players that both teams had injured are not hurt badly, and are back in the lineups A.S.A.P. Good Luck to the Tigers on the Rest of Your Season. Go Eagles............. Eagles Rule.

True class, Newtonjb. Good post.

True class, Newtonjb. Good post.

The Truth Is Truth, Maybe not the Best Game I've ever seen, but surely in the Top 10, The Hearts Came Out for Both Squads. This Game Is One Of My New Instant Classics.

Saw the replay on TV.  Great game by both teams.  I couldn't believe how far that kicker kicked that ball, barely missing.  Nice to know you have a kicker like that in tight games. I bet he makes it next time

I saw him kick several between 45 and 50 yards in warm-ups, in the middle of the Up-rights; I was sick. 47 yards is where the ball was spotted on the Hold and 5 Inches too far to the left. This Young Man should keep in mind is that Not Many Other Kickers Could Have Ever Reached the Goal Post, Let Alone Hit It 10 ft. Above The Crossbar. Best Try I've Seen In a Long, Long Time.

Great Game Newton defense played fairly well considering some of the situations they were put in. Newton had some turnovers tonight and the defense only gave up twenty points. Congrats on the win and great job silsbee. The officials missed alot of calls I watched the game live then got home and watched it on fox 4 the offials missed alot of holding calls and the int was not a pick should have been called incomplete the LB from silsbee never has possesion of the ball he was juggling it and then it fell to the ground. Other than that it was a good game.

IMO the Newton defence is far from being a strength. The inability to defence running plays to the outside as well as broken coverages in the secondary is not what I call great defence. The defence is slow to adjust to what the offense is doing in the game. Got to get better before playoffs. Officials are a part of the game every week. If you look at it from the Silsbee view they missed a number of blocking in the back calls on Newton. Silsbee done a great job of keeping our team guessing all night on both sides of the ball. Exciting game. My compliments to all the kids involved from both towns.

Individual stats

Newton

Flanigan

rushing  8 carries  9 yards

passing  4-8  144 yards  2 TD's  2 INT's

Alfred

rushing  9 carries  73 yards

Bennett

rushing  16 carries  58 yards  TD

Jackson

rushing  6 carries  25 yards

Beatty

recieving  3 receptions  72 yards  TD

Arnold

recieving  1 reception  72 yards  TD

Silsbee

Johnson

rushing  21 carries  49 yards  TD

passing  10-16  164 yards  2 TD's

Barnes

rushing  11 carries  56 yards

recieving  5 rec.  59 yards  TD

Bolton

rushing  5 carries  15 yards

Hill

recieving  5 rec.  105 yards  TD

Turk

rushing  1 carry  -6 yards

Guest EagleFan01

IMO the Newton defence is far from being a strength. The inability to defence running plays to the outside as well as broken coverages in the secondary is not what I call great defence. The defence is slow to adjust to what the offense is doing in the game. Got to get better before playoffs. Officials are a part of the game every week. If you look at it from the Silsbee view they missed a number of blocking in the back calls on Newton. Silsbee done a great job of keeping our team guessing all night on both sides of the ball. Exciting game. My compliments to all the kids involved from both towns

Considering the position our defense was put in with all the turnovers they did a great job. Newton turned the ball over six times and the Newton defense only gave up 20 points to me that is pretty good. Johnson had 21 carries and only had 49 yards rushing, they did a great job on him all night putting pressure on him yeah the secondary had a few blown plays in coverage but what team doesn't have those? NFL teams have those man...... The defense played great, Offense not as well but made the plays at the end to win the ball game. Loved the game thats why we love High School football... Good Luck Tigers in the future....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder