Jasper vs W.O.S.

i agree with skipper on the short pass plays. let the receivers use their speed to get away from the secondary instead of going for passes of 15 or more yards all the time.  franks needs to stay out of the backfield or they need to be more diverse in the way they use him from there.  i noticed that when he was in the qb position they consistently used trips receivers and ran him to that side.  yes it makes sense to do that, but when you face a defense big and strong enough they will be able to slow that play up much like kville did.  i called what they were doing all night and only once did i see him go to the weak side. all im saying is that if you are going to use him in this way, it definetely needs to be mixed up a heck of a lot more.  based on what i have seen from the last two weeks from my team, as long as wos plays as least as good as they did against kville they should win by atleast 14.  im basing this upon the worst game i have seen the cats play in a long time against jasper and a little less than perfect game against wos.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way does jasper score more than 2 touchdowns on the stangs! Not the way the stangs defense is playing right now! And there is no way that homefield advantage will help the dawgs because WOS will have more fans than jasper even though it is in jasper! Stangs win 35-14!!!!!

WO-S may win. But, I'm betting they will not have more fans at the game.

skipper, your assessments seem to be well thought out, but keep in mind that Friday night was the FIRST game where Franks has really played well.  Perhaps HE is coming into HIS own, getting the nervousness out, and will make things work for the Mustangs in whatever capacity he is used.  I saw the defense step it up a notch from the previous games and hold off a very determined Kirbyville team.  #36 played well for WOS, as well as a host of other kids.  I agree that the short pass across the middle appears that it would work for the Mustangs but the fans have been questioning that for years and wondering why that play is not utilized more often.  I'm sure the coaches will review films and make necessary adjustments to utilize the talent that WOS possesses to the best of their ability.

skipper, your assessments seem to be well thought out, but keep in mind that Friday night was the FIRST game where Franks has really played well.  Perhaps HE is coming into HIS own, getting the nervousness out, and will make things work for the Mustangs in whatever capacity he is used.  I saw the defense step it up a notch from the previous games and hold off a very determined Kirbyville team.  #36 played well for WOS, as well as a host of other kids.  I agree that the short pass across the middle appears that it would work for the Mustangs but the fans have been questioning that for years and wondering why that play is not utilized more often.  I'm sure the coaches will review films and make necessary adjustments to utilize the talent that WOS possesses to the best of their ability.

Good post

With how fast the defensive line is at WOS and how greatly conditioned the players are at WOS by the time the 4th quarter gets around jasper's big offensive line isnt going to be able to get a hand on them! Our defense keeps us in the game no matter what and our offense will wake up and score some points this week! WOS is not clicking on all cylinders as of last friday but we did find out one thing for sure, no one can stop our big play ability!!! WOS takes this one in a battle 28-21!!!!

Jasper backs-Ben Armstrong 96 rushing vs.Gilmer-82 rushing vs.Kirbyv. Karrion Morrisey 82 rushing vs.Gilmer-39 vs.Kirbyv.  Jarrod Adams 74 rushing vs.Kirbyv  Qb Sam Alvis 179 rushing vs.Kirbyv Fieldgoal kicker w/32 yd.vs.Kirbyville.Have not thus far did much passing less than 70 yds.2 games.There you have it Stangs fans-Good Luck Stangs-You can do this.

Jasper is going to have to hold onto the football to have a chance.  The triple option will be playing into the strength of a quick and disciplined defense.  Defensively Jasper plays very good at times and gives up huge plays at times.  WO-S makes huge plays so I expect that for Jasper to have a shot they will have to limit the huge plays and force some turnovers.  Should be a tight game if Jasper plays well.  I don't think either team scores more than 3 touchdowns.

Guest Wildcat 08

wo-s kick off teams and punt return guys NEED WORK BAD  HINT HINT.i am hopeing for a good game from both jasper and wo-s.afte friday nights game with KV and watching the game tapes hooks  is still in shock ,its been a long time since he  has seen his team play like that. JASPER is always a tuff team no matter what and they are going to be ready for the mustangs belive me.its got to be very hard for the kids there in west orange as young as thay are to keep up with the teams thay have had in the past years ,to me i think thay are not ready at this point and time for the big dance time will tell. the mustang have alot os speed we all know this, but as now the coaching staff there in west oange must find a better way of useing the speed people ,take FRANKS he dont need to be taking snaps   from center. the mustangs (MUST FIND A SHORT PASSING GAME) someway some how HINT HINT. way back when wo-s had a short passing game  and had speed then as thay do now berry norton  use it and wow it worked just fine, now you can tell me i am a nut are way out of bounds in my post

long post

Jasper backs-Ben Armstrong 96 rushing vs.Gilmer-82 rushing vs.Kirbyv. Karrion Morrisey 82 rushing vs.Gilmer-39 vs.Kirbyv.  Jarrod Adams 74 rushing vs.Kirbyv  Qb Sam Alvis 179 rushing vs.Kirbyv Fieldgoal kicker w/32 yd.vs.Kirbyville.Have not thus far did much passing less than 70 yds.2 games.There you have it Stangs fans-Good Luck Stangs-You can do this.

Well west orange has a little running back that averaged 150 yards against two 4a teams this year so we can do a little runing ourselves lol. So if they deside to be smart and work off of the run and let him pound the ball this week it will be an extremely long night for the bulldogs! I am expecting a huge game out of him! WOS takes it to the dawg's 35-14!!!

WO-S will have to keep the penelties down.1st and 15,2nd and 20 will take you out of your game plan quick.It's a lot harder to defend 2nd and 5 or 6 than the latter.If we play smart and keep the mistakes down we should be ok.Jasper for the most part plays us tuff anyway and we do not need to give them any help.We will need to move the chains and keep our defense rested.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline