Jasper vs W.O.S.

i agree with skipper on the short pass plays. let the receivers use their speed to get away from the secondary instead of going for passes of 15 or more yards all the time.  franks needs to stay out of the backfield or they need to be more diverse in the way they use him from there.  i noticed that when he was in the qb position they consistently used trips receivers and ran him to that side.  yes it makes sense to do that, but when you face a defense big and strong enough they will be able to slow that play up much like kville did.  i called what they were doing all night and only once did i see him go to the weak side. all im saying is that if you are going to use him in this way, it definetely needs to be mixed up a heck of a lot more.  based on what i have seen from the last two weeks from my team, as long as wos plays as least as good as they did against kville they should win by atleast 14.  im basing this upon the worst game i have seen the cats play in a long time against jasper and a little less than perfect game against wos.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe the Bulldogs had something to do with your cats playing the worst game you have seen in a long time?

Now thunder you should know by now that your opponet has nothing to do with the way your team plays. ;D

LOL yea I guess you are right those 3 interceptions were actually thrown to the defensive man.

yeah, he just got lucky to be in the right place three times, not to mention his fumble recovery.  ;D

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I NEVER thought I would root for Jasper, however got to go with the lesser of the two evils.  Jasper in a close one.

please take your rooting somewhere else, u might jinx the dogs!   ;D

J-dog, I tried every way possible to jinx the dogs when yall played us last year...just didn't work.... ;D

I NEVER thought I would root for Jasper, however got to go with the lesser of the two evils.  Jasper in a close one.

J-dog, I tried every way possible to jinx the dogs when yall played us last year...just didn't work.... ;D

sorry, you just do not have the jinx power of mr. 89.  ;)  he almost single handedly carried jasper to the state finals in 04 by picking against the dogs.  :)  so i surely don't want him to change now.  ;)

HAHAHAHA  J_Dog I still have "The Shirt" if you want it for good luck....... ;D ;D ;D  We need to catch a plaoff game when the time comes.  Maybe we can pull Hup out fo the piny woods for a road trip.

Gilmer had to replace it's offensive line and recievers. The replacements have struggled a bit,  but are capable. The O-line has had some trouble protecting Godfrey. The WR's have good hands, but are not as fast as years past. This is not much of a weakness and something that can be lined out, but it's weakness enough that they are not bullet proof. However, right now, we are no where close to being at that level. We need to take care of our business and let the chips fall where they may. We need to play well against Jasper first.

HAHAHAHA  J_Dog I still have "The Shirt" if you want it for good luck....... ;D ;D ;D  We need to catch a plaoff game when the time comes.  Maybe we can pull Hup out fo the piny woods for a road trip.

I would have guessed that you still have "The Shirt".  Save it for the (possible) playoffs, just in case the Dogs make it that far.  :)

and when they stop the dive qb and pitch maybe he will let alvis throw...

they don't call it the Triple I for nothing.   :)

I heard someone else call it that, but I have never heard of it refered to this way before. Do they run some sort of "hybrid" off of the "Power I"? Now, I've heard of the "Triple Option" or "Wishbone" for short where you have a Fullback and 2- Tailbacks. In this offense, the QB has 3 options (thus "triple option") where he can hand off to the dive back (Fullback) or run the option where he either keeps and turns up the field or options off to the other Tailback. See below, which one looks like Jasper.

O  O    or    O

O              O  O

O              O

OOOOOO    OOOOOO

Some call it the "Stacked I" or "String Bean" formation. They have a sniffer back up close to the QB ,that mainly blocks, a full back and tailback. It's a power offense with option capabilities.

I don't believe they will out muscle the Chain Gang or finesse them either.

O  O  O  X  O  O  O

QB

SB

FB

TB

Some call it the "Stacked I" or "String Bean" formation. They have a sniffer back up close to the QB ,that mainly blocks, a full back and tailback. It's a power offense with option capabilities.

I don't believe they will out muscle the Chain Gang or finesse them either.

O   O   O   X   O   O   O

QB

SB

FB

TB

Gotcha, they run a "Stack". I haven't seen that offense since I was in little league. Don't think I've ever seen a highschool team run it. Should be interesting.

Dang, with double tight ends no less... I bet they don't do much passing, do they? LOL

Hey, I know much less about this than you do.  Yes, it will be very interesting to see how it works against a defensive oriented team like WOS.  Friday will be my first time to see it.  It did seem to be rather productive against Gilmer and Kirbyville.  Then again, they may bring out some special offense just for WOS.  ;) ;D

Hey, I know much less about this than you do.  Yes, it will be very interesting to see how it works against a defensive oriented team like WOS.  Friday will be my first time to see it.  It did seem to be rather productive against Gilmer and Kirbyville.  Then again, they may bring out some special offense just for WOS.   ;) ;D

Whatever.Still going to be a SLOBBERKNOCKER.Right j_dog. ;D

HOPEFULLY MY Dogs come ready to play.Jasper running game will wear down wos.They said we had no shot vs. K-Ville but we ran up and down on them very well and from what I seen of wos they are going to have a long night can they win the game yea as long as Coach Hooks is there.But Friday night is going to be JASPER'S night.

Hey, I know much less about this than you do.  Yes, it will be very interesting to see how it works against a defensive oriented team like WOS.  Friday will be my first time to see it.  It did seem to be rather productive against Gilmer and Kirbyville.  Then again, they may bring out some special offense just for WOS.   ;) ;D

Whatever.Still going to be a SLOBBERKNOCKER.Right j_dog. ;D

Absolutely.  Guaranteed.  Down to the last second.  ;D

wo-s kick off teams and punt return guys NEED WORK BAD  HINT HINT.i am hopeing for a good game from both jasper and wo-s.afte friday nights game with KV and watching the game tapes hooks  is still in shock ,its been a long time since he  has seen his team play like that. JASPER is always a tuff team no matter what and they are going to be ready for the mustangs belive me.its got to be very hard for the kids there in west orange as young as thay are to keep up with the teams thay have had in the past years ,to me i think thay are not ready at this point and time for the big dance time will tell. the mustang have alot os speed we all know this, but as now the coaching staff there in west oange must find a better way of useing the speed people ,take FRANKS he dont need to be taking snaps   from center. the mustangs (MUST FIND A SHORT PASSING GAME) someway some how HINT HINT. way back when wo-s had a short passing game  and had speed then as thay do now berry norton  use it and wow it worked just fine, now you can tell me i am a nut are way out of bounds in my post

:o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami