*Newton vs. EC Updates/EAGLES ROLL!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EagleFan01

Newton did throw the ball when they had too they had a 71 yard TD. They throw when they need to and believe me they are very well capable of throwing at will.

Guest EagleFan01

Yeah he doesn't want to show to much in the pre season. They can throw the ball they have to kids that can catch and we know that Halston can throw the ball all over the field at will he is a very good qb. But don't worry they will throw when they need to buddy ;D

first half for EC was good.. they were able to move the ball pretty well.  2nd half was another story.. I would have to say EC was out coached.  I don't know what EC was thinking taking penalty after penalty when they had to punt.  It cost them 5 yards a pop when they were struggling to contain Newton. I could possibly understand it if it was late in the game but in the 3rd quarter.. it was embarrassing.  When the coaches pulled that stunt the players basically said OK.. the plan is to run the clock out and we aren't going to try and score.. They were only down 18- 7 at that point.  Not taking anything away from Newton.  They were well coached and made adjustments as necessary.  I'm just not pleased with the EC drive to win in the second half.. Oh well... this is JMO....

first half for EC was good.. they were able to move the ball pretty well.  2nd half was another story.. I would have to say EC was out coached.  I don't know what EC was thinking taking penalty after penalty when they had to punt.  It cost them 5 yards a pop when they were struggling to contain Newton. I could possibly understand it if it was late in the game but in the 3rd quarter.. it was embarrassing.  When the coaches pulled that stunt the players basically said OK.. the plan is to run the clock out and we aren't going to try and score.. They were only down 18- 7 at that point.  Not taking anything away from Newton.  They were well coached and made adjustments as necessary.  I'm just not pleased with the EC drive to win in the second half.. Oh well... this is JMO....

The game tonight was the 5th meeting between the Eagles and the Buccaneers, since 2004 and to tell the truth,tonight I was confused by some of the E.C. play calling and time management. E.C. players (only some, absolutely not near all ) just went through the motions. They looked unprepared.

i'

newton lookes rusty to me . whats up with  EC play calling ?

I mean that the Bucs did the same things in the second half they did in the first. The Eagles adapted at half time to meet the Bucs game plan. The Bucs didn't appear to have changed up anything, even when they saw it wasn't working ( not good play calling or poor execution, you decide ) either way it looked like the Bucs weren't prepared for what they saw. And what was with the 3 delay penalties on the punts? And as for the Eagles being rusty, you're right, but that didn't seem to hold them back last night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin