*WO-S vs. LC-M Updates/WO-S WINS!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I beg to differ about a one man team.No doubt # 43 is a tough little runner and would just as soon run over you as around you.What makes him seem so good is the fact that wo-s has so many weapons the defense can't zero in on any particular player.When wo-s started playing a more conservative game in the second half lcm did a better job on him.WO-S had the oppertunities to blow out lcm,but the lcm defense came through when it appeared wo-s was going to score.Remember,we are a young team too and we will get better as the season goes.I think we are right on target.

As someone who played on for lcm the past two years, I can tell an 100% change in the program watchn them last night, they are goin to surprise alot of people this year, makes me wish i could go back and play one more year lol

I believe you're "dead on" with that prediction!

I beg to differ about a one man team.No doubt # 43 is a tough little runner and would just as soon run over you as around you.What makes him seem so good is the fact that wo-s has so many weapons the defense can't zero in on any particular player.When wo-s started playing a more conservative game in the second half lcm did a better job on him.WO-S had the oppertunities to blow out lcm,but the lcm defense came through when it appeared wo-s was going to score.Remember,we are a young team too and we will get better as the season goes.I think we are right on target.

I completely agree with you Gun. I'm not sure what all of this negative talk about the team is all about, but you guys need to realize that you have a new QB, RB, WR, couple of linemen. New corners, defensive ends... CHILL OUT. We will be fine. It's the second freakin game of the year! We are not going to be mistake free, guys. I see a whole bunch of potential on the field and they will get better every game. The guy who said we are a "one man team" is just nuts... I was very impressed with our QB. He is going to make some mistakes, but for his second varsity start, I thought he did very well. I know some of you wanted to beat LCM 90-0, but LCM is a MUCH, MUCH improved team from years past. We won, we got better, end of story.

We have a lot of improving to do, but I saw some flashes of brilliance last night on both sides. I feel like, by the end of the year, this team will be better than last years.

Another statement from a Bear fan that I completely agree with is that one of our STARS do not appear to be giving the effort they should be. They may need to realize that a "verbal agreement" is not binding for EITHER side... If he tries to coast through this year he may end up somewhere different... ;)

West Orange-Stark 28, Orange Little Cypress-Mauriceville 14 - Final

West Orange-Stark Overall: 2-0  District: 0-0

Orange Little Cypress-Mauriceville Overall: 0-1  District: 0-0

Boxscore

Friday September 4, 2009 7:30pm

1 2 3 4 Total

West Orange-Stark 14 7 7 0 28

Orange Little Cypress-Mauriceville 7 0 0 7 14

Scoring summary

LCM -- Hunter Gonzales 1-yard run (Garhett Bonneaux kick), 1st.

WOS -- Trey Franks 10-yard run (Justin Sparrow kick), 1st.

WOS -- Reggie Garrett 2-yard run (Justin Sparrow kick), 1st.

WOS -- Robert Redd 11-yard pass from Reggie Garrett (Justin Sparrow kick), 2nd.

WOS -- Brenson Lindsey 7-yard run (Justin Sparrow kick), 3rd.

LCM -- Casey Burleigh 1-yard run (Garhett Bonneaux kick), 4th.

Team Stats

West Orange-Stark Orange Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Total yards 350 193

First downs 21 14

Rushes/Yds 41/217 28/56

Average rush 5.29 2

Comp/Atts 133/7/14 10/22/2

Pass yards 133 137

Comp pct 1900 45.45

Punts 0 0

Punting Yards 0 0

Punting Average 0 0

Fumbles/Lost 2/2 1/1

Penalties-yards 6-70 4-27

West Orange-Stark

Passing

Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

Reggie Garrett 7 14 50 133 1 2

Rushing

Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

James Haynes 1 28 28 0 0

Darius Robinson 1 1 1 0 0

Stephen Cook 1 0 0 0 0

Trey Franks 2 4 2 0 1

Reggie Garrett 10 18 1.8 0 1

Britton Lindsey 24 166 6.9 0 1

Receiving

Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD

James Haynes 1 10 10 0 0

James Ross 1 15 15 0 0

Mark Roberts 3 94 31.3 0 0

Britton Lindsey 1 3 3 0 0

Robert Redd 1 11 11 0 1

Orange Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Passing

Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

Hunter Gonzales 10 22 45.45 137 0 2

Rushing

Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Hunter Gonzales 16 27 1.7 0 1

Tevvin Jones 9 19 2.1 0 0

Casey Burleigh 3 10 3.3 0 1

Receiving

Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD

Zack Sonnier 3 37 12.3 0 0

Tevvin Jones 1 58 58 0 0

Johnny Epps 4 21 5.3 0 0

Aldric Jones 2 21 10.5 0 0

Hey how has livingston done first two weeks?

And LCM has more sophs on varsity than WO-S does

LOL...LCM has more of everybody on varsity than WOS does.  I was merely commenting that it is strange for WOS to have sophomores playing on varsity, and especially that many.

Looked to me that both teams had about the same number of people dressed to play.  I counted 33 dressed to play for LCM.

LOL...LCM has more of everybody on varsity than WOS does.  I was merely commenting that it is strange for WOS to have sophomores playing on varsity, and especially that many.

Looked to me that both teams had about the same number of people dressed to play.  I counted 33 dressed to play for LCM.

I agree, last night, including 2 hurt players for WOS I counted 31 players and 33 for LCM (that doesn't include any injured players)

I agree, last night, including 2 hurt players for WOS I counted 31 players and 33 for LCM (that doesn't include any injured players)

I'm not sure where they came from but I counted 25 yesterday at the pep rally for WOS when they were introduced and that included then injured ones.

I completely agree with you Gun. I'm not sure what all of this negative talk about the team is all about, but you guys need to realize that you have a new QB, RB, WR, couple of linemen. New corners, defensive ends... CHILL OUT. We will be fine. It's the second freakin game of the year! We are not going to be mistake free, guys. I see a whole bunch of potential on the field and they will get better every game. The guy who said we are a "one man team" is just nuts... I was very impressed with our QB. He is going to make some mistakes, but for his second varsity start, I thought he did very well. I know some of you wanted to beat LCM 90-0, but LCM is a MUCH, MUCH improved team from years past. We won, we got better, end of story.

We have a lot of improving to do, but I saw some flashes of brilliance last night on both sides. I feel like, by the end of the year, this team will be better than last years.

Another statement from a Bear fan that I completely agree with is that one of our STARS do not appear to be giving the effort they should be. They may need to realize that a "verbal agreement" is not binding for EITHER side... If he tries to coast through this year he may end up somewhere different... ;)

our minds need to be in orange and not in norman.... set him a few quarters/games and get his head right and bring him back to reality!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder