* BC vs. Liberty..BC Wins/Comments*

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

offense will have to get alot better if they are going to compete for the third playoff spot.....think size is going to hurt them.....secondary will have to improve also.....liberty threw at will....not sure why the corners were playing 8 yards off of receivers...the out routes killed them all night and they did nothing to adjust ....other than the the trick play for touchdown offense did not move the ball at all...hopefully things will only get better

BC ended up winning 23-13 tonight, I was gonna send some updates but I don't get good service at the BC Stadium for some reason, Maybe on the road games I'll be able to, But BC was impressive, Better than I thought they would be at this point...

Really?  I was at the WO-S/nederland so i can't judge, but two of three touchdowns on kick-off returns against liberty?  How good did you expect them to be?

BC played great last night, i agree that they still have a lot to work on, but great start to the season and all they can do is get better from here on out!

if they continue to get better, i think they'll get in the playoffs

Well after hearing how they did against Shepard I thought this was gonna be a tough one for us to win, BC had control throughout the game, It wasn't as close as the score makes it seems like. I think the 2 returns were more Liberty's fault than BC having a really good return team, Liberty didn't stay in their lanes and just let the BC returners run on the sidelines to the end zone...The O-Line is still a concern for me, Without the two returns we only had 9 points but I think they will come around..I was most impressed with our D, I doubted our secondary would be good considering how young we are there but they stepped it up, Keep it up guys and go beat Kountze next week...

Well after hearing how they did against Shepard I thought this was gonna be a tough one for us to win, BC had control throughout the game, It wasn't as close as the score makes it seems like. I think the 2 returns were more Liberty's fault than BC having a really good return team, Liberty didn't stay in their lanes and just let the BC returners run on the sidelines to the end zone...The O-Line is still a concern for me, Without the two returns we only had 9 points but I think they will come around..I was most impressed with our D, I doubted our secondary would be good considering how young we are there but they stepped it up, Keep it up guys and go beat Kountze next week...

When is the last time anyone saw any team run two kicks back in a game.  Credit goes to the whole kickoff team and the two super athletes that took it to the house.  Liberty has fault but you cant catch watch u cant see. They had two plays and over 150 yards of prevention and Dishon and Hyde still cashed the check. Once this team works out the kinks they will be a tough nut to crack.

offense will have to get alot better if they are going to compete for the third playoff spot.....think size is going to hurt them.....secondary will have to improve also.....liberty threw at will....not sure why the corners were playing 8 yards off of receivers...the out routes killed them all night and they did nothing to adjust ....other than the the trick play for touchdown offense did not move the ball at all...hopefully things will only get better

Were you at the game?  We play cover 2 alot where the corners are isolated with deep halves.  If they play too close they could get burned deep.  We give that up, the out routes, to give better run support with the safeties.  Its our scheme, not the secondaries fault.  You are right about the offense, we scored one TD and one long field goal.  Liberty was terrible except for the QB throwing to number 6 and we gave that to them.  Defense played great especially defensive line and the safeties on run support.  Risinger will be first team all district.  Offensively, we either need to get better on the short throws or run more.  We like to throw deep too much and with the spread its all about quick short stuff that opens up the deep ball occasionally, while running the ball in between.  We ran affectively with the misdirection and if we had more speed would have broke some for TD's. Need to utilize the speed we have more!!!!

yes i was at the game. i understand b.c. was playing alot of cover 2 with their safeties up for run support and understand with a 14 point lead you can give up the outs a little more but dont see giving that much cushion when you dont have the 14 point lead. a passing team will take advantage of that...i do agree about the long passes....they are going to have to throw some short stuff and quit going long so much....and was wondering how come they didnt throw to the rhodes kid at all....just curious

[Were you at the game?  We play cover 2 alot where the corners are isolated with deep halves.  If they play too close they could get burned deep.  We give that up, the out routes, to give better run support with the safeties.  Its our scheme, not the secondaries fault.  You are right about the offense, we scored one TD and one long field goal.  Liberty was terrible except for the QB throwing to number 6 and we gave that to them.  Defense played great especially defensive line and the safeties on run support.  Risinger will be first team all district.  Offensively, we either need to get better on the short throws or run more.  We like to throw deep too much and with the spread its all about quick short stuff that opens up the deep ball occasionally, while running the ball in between.  We ran affectively with the misdirection and if we had more speed would have broke some for TD's. Need to utilize the speed we have more!!!!

We broke 2 that were called back due to penalties.  These 2 runs totaled at least 100 yards of offense.  Dishon had a big game. That year on Varsity last year gave him some experience that will help the Cardinals this year.  Don't you agree?

What speed are Cardinals not utilizing?  Can they block as well? The Cards need all the blocking they can get on the Offensive side of the ball to help move the ball. 

A win is a win no matter how you get it. The defence did a very good job. They hit hard and wrapped up nicely. Liberty was able to gain a lot of yards in the second half because they went to a more smash mouth offense and shied away from the passing except for the short passes which they were very successful with. BC had three big plays in the game. The two  K O returns and one long pass and run play. Other than that the offense did not do very much. A few times the moved the ball with a fairly long run but it was called back because of a penalty. We play Kountze next and should win that game also. Kountze will not be a good as Liberty. In my opinion Liberty pretty much controlled both sides of the ball. Look at the stats. Offense needs to step it up a little. Keep on improving and by the time districts starts maybe they will be all right.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder