Hardin-Jefferson UPGRADES the BASKETBALL MARATHON (Dec. 10-12)

Guest nostradamus

Guest nostradamus

West Orange Stark dropped out of our tournament this week and it left us in a bind but, fortuantely we actually ended up in a GREAT position.

We have officially added Texarkana Pleasant Grove to the Basketball Marathon.

For those that don't know TPG lost to Dallas Madison in the Region II Finals last year 58-55 and have a large number of their players back.....our tournament just got tougher and I didn't think that was possible.

Here are the teams:

Hardin-Jefferson           

Anahuac

LCM

Kountze

Lumberton

Legacy

Texarkana Pleasant Grove

Aransas Pass

Gladewater Sabine

Crockett

Bullard

Huntington

Krum

Valley View

East Chambers

Vidor

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really don't have an opinion on this matter, i am just curios to most peoples thoughts on this.

ymbl usually has some of the bigger 4 and 5a schools, while hj tourney will always have top notch teams attend

i think this could be a good debate. Since both tournaments are run on the same weekend.

Better than the ymbl?

because of quality of teams or just everything in general?

3A and under YMBL won't hold a candle to this tournament!!!!

That's true. But the YMBL dropped the two different class levels a couple of years ago. Now it's every man for himself. They included the girls in the tourney now.

Guest spinks

Better than the ymbl?

That's true. But the YMBL dropped the two different class levels a couple of years ago. Now it's every man for himself. They included the girls in the tourney now.

Did not know that.  Still the lowere level teams in that tourney won't even be close.

Better than the ymbl?

Did not know that.  Still the lowere level teams in that tourney won't even be close.

These were the teams that played in the YMBL last year:

G1: West Brook - BYE

G2: Nederland vs. South Oak Cliff - Noon (Montagne)

G3: Ozen vs. St. Pius - 5pm (Ozen HS)

G4: Central vs. Westbury Christian - 1:30 (Montagne)

G5: Vidor vs. Aldine - 3 (Montagne)

G6: Aldine Eisenhower vs. Marshall - 4:30 (Montagne)

G7: PA Memorial vs. Harker Heights - 6 (Montagne)

G8: North Shore vs. Walker-NOLA - 7:30 (Montagne)

I would not consider any of these teams lower level schools. All are 4A and above.

Guest tigersvoice

HF's center may possibly be 6'6" and up. Man, yall think I'm playing but you HF is gonna kick some butt. The knock on the door begins in 2013 and the flood gates open the next year.

This is, perhaps, the longest running "Pipe dream" that I have ever heard of.

West Orange Stark dropped out of our tournament this week and it left us in a bind but, fortuantely we actually ended up in a GREAT position.

We have officially added Texarkana Pleasant Grove to the Basketball Marathon.

For those that don't know TPG lost to Dallas Madison in the Region II Finals last year 58-55 and have a large number of their players back.....our tournament just got tougher and I didn't think that was possible.

Here are the teams:

Hardin-Jefferson            

Anahuac

LCM

Kountze

Lumberton

Legacy

Texarkana Pleasant Grove

Aransas Pass

Gladewater Sabine

Crockett

Bullard

Huntington

Krum

Valley View

East Chambers

Vidor

Nos, was the Lakers busy that weekend?........has the schedule been made out?.....I can only guess that we open with TPG or HJ, or do you guys have a bye the first five games?... ;D

Guest nostradamus

it's kind of an unwritten rule in coaching that when you take a new job you play the schedule that the previous coach made unless you can give the other school ample time to find another opponent......the end of August is awefully late to be dropping out of a tournament.....leaves schools in a bind

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder