An alternate solution to this--recruitment effort by a few...

It seem obvious that the existing older select teams in the area are not interested in several people siphoning off their pick of the existing players in the area: that are great & love softball--that seems to be a-- given.

I would suggest to the Orange Crush organization that they invite--Jessica LaMoine-- to form and Coach another 18&U team under the umbrella of the Orange Crush Organization.  Jessica can get a team together whereby several that may want to Coach a new team may not have a large enough following presently, to form a team.

Orange Crush is into developing players--and that is good--I would suggest to them that ON OCCASION they form a temporary FLEX TEAM to play in really good Tourneys, a few times a year.  The rest of the time they would play with the teams they enjoy, playing with more of a true "sisterhood" atmosphere.

It is easy, each OC team would render up say THREE players for the FLEX TEAM....I would further suggest that THREE excellent girls that play other HS sports be allowed to play short-term SB on these teams.

Example:  BC has Emily Kosh who lead a 12U Blast team to a USFA National Championship--MVP--and has an incredible batting average in HS ball could be one of the FLEX TEAM.  Also, Allison Angelle who also plays Volleyball with Emily Kosh is certainly a candidate.  There are certainly other multi-sport girls across the Triangle area that are great proven SB players that are also viable candidates--on a short term basis for these few "big Tourney games".

I think the days of "hey, lets package this recruitment right and we can pick up all the better girls and start our own team".. maybe is not what the majority GT community SB is interested it.

A FLEX TEAM is temporary; but it is the only way that both sides of this issue can at least get part of what they want.  That team and all decisions would have to lay at the DISCRESSION of the Orange Crush organization--and no outsiders would be allowed to call the shots, as to how they (Orange Crush)--plan, organize, actuate and control the FLEX TEAM EFFORTS!

I think we can get unity of all SB folks involved; to come out and see this FLEX TEAM play a few stout Tourneys occasionally.

I think it would be great fun and exciting to see the Orange Crush "Platinum" team play!

The ball is in your court Orange Crush Organization....

Guest shake and bake

First of all Jess already has a team. If she wanted another she would have 1 already. Emily Kosh is a very good player and if she wanted to play SB don't you THINK she would.  Emily was the catcher on a 12U USFA Championship. Now before you go to calling out organizations to do this and do that you need to get something straight, EVERYBODY has the opportunity to try out for ANY team or Organization whether they are local or not and it is up to the girl to choose. And you must not know the time and effort spent by a few to just keep their teams going. They do not have time for a flex team made up of kids that just show up when they have time or want to. It would take away from the ones they were there all the time. I truely do not think Jess would coach that kind of team anyway. Jess is a great coach and she knows she is welcome at CRUSHLAND anytime BUT she has a good gig already with the Shockers. Next, don't throw the ball into somebody's coutr until you talk to someone within the Crush Group. You have always been a little tweeked with your off the wall ideas but this could take the cake.

It seem obvious that the existing older select teams in the area are not interested in several people siphoning off their pick of the existing players in the area: that are great & love softball--that seems to be a-- given.

I would suggest to the Orange Crush organization that they invite--Jessica LaMoine-- to form and Coach another 18&U team under the umbrella of the Orange Crush Organization.  Jessica can get a team together whereby several that may want to Coach a new team may not have a large enough following presently, to form a team.

Orange Crush is into developing players--and that is good--I would suggest to them that ON OCCASION they form a temporary FLEX TEAM to play in really good Tourneys, a few times a year.  The rest of the time they would play with the teams they enjoy, playing with more of a true "sisterhood" atmosphere.

It is easy, each OC team would render up say THREE players for the FLEX TEAM....I would further suggest that THREE excellent girls that play other HS sports be allowed to play short-term SB on these teams.

Example:  BC has Emily Kosh who lead a 12U Blast team to a ASA National Championship--MVP--and has an incredible batting average in HS ball could be one of the FLEX TEAM.  Also, Allison Angelle who also plays Volleyball with Emily Kosh is certainly a candidate.  There are certainly other multi-sport girls across the Triangle area that are great proven SB players that are also viable candidates--on a short term basis for these few "big Tourney games".

I think the days of "hey, lets package this recruitment right and we can pick up all the better girls and start our own team".. maybe is not what the majority GT community SB is interested it.

A FLEX TEAM is temporary; but it is the only way that both sides of this issue can at least get part of what they want.  That team and all decisions would have to lay at the DISCRESSION of the Orange Crush organization--and no outsiders would be allowed to call the shots, as to how they (Orange Crush)--plan, organize, actuate and control the FLEX TEAM EFFORTS!

I think we can get unity of all SB folks involved; to come out and see this FLEX TEAM play a few stout Tourneys occasionally.

I think it would be great fun and exciting to see the Orange Crush "Platinum" team play!

I could be wrong but, I think that Jessica is already coaching on a team that is into developing players that play in several really good tournaments. Just curious as to what you think "the majority GT community SB is interested" in?

I bet it's not having a Orange Crush Flex (Part Time) Platinum Gold Non Recruitment Bridge City Team. IMO!! I gotta hand it to you. I've read your post for a while and you do think outside the box. Nothing wrong with that.

How about Intensity? ooops sorry they were not part of this puzzle. Give me some more time and I will have a good name

I wonder what your real point is! You do seem to have some sort of an agenda. You do know ball and your post are entertaining but, is there a bug that has crawled up someplace you can't reach?

Guest Foulball

What are really good tournaments?

Who picks what girls?  We have girls that already play other sports.  Who pick these three girls?

Example:  BC has Emily Kosh who lead a 12U Blast team to a USFA National Championship--MVP--and has an incredible batting average in HS ball could be one of the FLEX TEAM.  Also, Allison Angelle who also plays Volleyball with Emily Kosh is certainly a candidate.  There are certainly other multi-sport girls across the Triangle area that are great proven SB players that are also viable candidates--on a short term basis for these few "big Tourney games".

Again.....What are stout tournaments?

Help me understand what you are tring to push here?

I wonder what your real point is! You do seem to have some sort of an agenda. You do know ball and your post are entertaining but, is there a bug that has crawled up someplace you can't reach?

Agenda really? I was not the original post of this thread. Point is maybe just entertainment, but like you it seems to poke you in the wrong spot. I do know softball and know the teams in the golden triangle viewing area. As far as a bug, no bug, no anything. I promise this in a few years when your not following softball none of this will matter, enjoy it now but dont read more in to it than there is.

oh and some possible names to combine Orange Crush and GT Shockers are:

1. GTO's

2. Or -ockers (gold)

3. Shockers Crush GOLD

4. Beaumont Best Gold

Agenda really? I was not the original post of this thread. Point is maybe just entertainment, but like you it seems to poke you in the wrong spot. I do know softball and know the teams in the golden triangle viewing area. As far as a bug, no bug, no anything. I promise this in a few years when your not following softball none of this will matter, enjoy it now but dont read more in to it than there is.

1. GTO's

2. Or -ockers (gold)

3. Shockers Crush GOLD

4. Beaumont Best Gold

Somebody tell BC i've found his old paddle  ;)

1. GTO's

2. Or -ockers (gold)

3. Shockers Crush GOLD

4. Beaumont Best Gold

Somebody tell BC i've found his old paddle  ;)

My dog ate it.

Seriously, what has happened to travel ball here?  

Everyone has quit posting on here, players are leaving and joining Houston teams, when someone posts on here it becomes a joke to everyone...my goodness!  

For the record I am happy Nederland Intensity won, but do you really need people telling you good job?  Shouldn't the satisfaction of winning and showing everyone that you could do it be enough?  Why cheapen the win by begging for congratulations on a message board?

What EXACTLY do you want in a team?  When mine was playing, we wanted someone to push her to her ultimate potential.  It was not about starting to push her when she reached 16 and was thinking about college, it was when she was 9 and 10 and working towards that ultimate goal.        

Some of these quality players from the past are completing their college careers and are coming back to the area with a desire to give back.  Are you willing to let go and let them teach your daughters?  These girls KNOW firsthand what it takes to play at the highest level...do you?  

1. GTO's

2. Or -ockers (gold)

3. Shockers Crush GOLD

4. Beaumont Best Gold

Nope! No wrong spot poked here. Like you I'm just being entertained. How well do you know the teams in golden triangle " viewing area "? Have they been on TV and I didn't know it? Not sure what " none of this " is that wont matter in a few years. It doesn't matter now. I think? You enjoy it too!!

Thought of another name for a team.

The Storm. ( I here the original Storm is changing their name to Partly Cloudy so the name is available)

Partly cloudy, no they went with storm elite in case you hadn't heard. Storm is not available someone in houston thinks he "patent" that name and you should pay a franchise fee for using it. 

Thought of another name for a team.

The Storm. ( I here the original Storm is changing their name to Partly Cloudy so the name is available)

Guest SoftballFan

WHOA!!!  Not sure why you are using Emily as an example.  First of all she was never named MVP at the USFA National tournament.  That championship was a TEAM effort...long ago!!  Secondly, she hasn't played select ball for a couple of years and doesn't have the desire too do so again.  Please refrain from using her as an example in any of your future posts.  She plays in high school, enjoys it, and that is the end of the story.  I'm sure for those of you that really know her, I probably didn't need to post this. For those that don't know her, please don't think that the poster of this quote speaks for her in ANY WAY!!!!!

Guest shake and bake

WHOA!!!  Not sure why you are using Emily as an example.  First of all she was never named MVP at the USFA National tournament.  That championship was a TEAM effort...long ago!!  Secondly, she hasn't played select ball for a couple of years and doesn't have the desire too do so again.  Please refrain from using her as an example in any of your future posts.  She plays in high school, enjoys it, and that is the end of the story.  I'm sure for those of you that really know her, I probably didn't need to post this. For those that don't know her, please don't think that the poster of this quote speaks for her in ANY WAY!!!!!

That was my point exactly in my 1st post. If Em wanted she could play with lots of teams around here. She does her own thing now and is very successful in all the sports and other activities she is in. No one can figure this OLD DINOSAUR out . Hope Em has a great SENIOR YEAR.

Guest SoftballFan

Thanks Shake and Bake!!  It is hard to believe they are seniors!!  Where did the time go???  Enjoyed our time playing with y'all.  Hope yours has an awesome sr year as well! :)

Guest Foulball

Em's a great kid..................... She could play for me anytime.  Wanna move to WOS?  Just kiddin' people.....Not recruiting!

Em's a great kid..................... She could play for me anytime.  Wanna move to WOS?  Just kiddin' people.....Not recruiting!

YEA, RIGHT.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder