Silsbee Has More Than WO-S To Worry About

Just because they were playoff teams last year doesn't mean they will be this year.So how many are really going to be a test?Just asking.You know how the media likes to hype things.

Honestly Gun, I expect Silsbee to win all 5 games but I would put Lumberton and Newton as the two toughest non district games. Davis and Jasper will be tough, not as much as last year. The Diboll game I expect Silsbee to win by a couple of TD's or more.

Just because they were playoff teams last year doesn't mean they will be this year.So how many are really going to be a test?Just asking.You know how the media likes to hype things.

Honestly Gun, I expect Silsbee to win all 5 games but I would put Lumberton and Newton as the two toughest non district games. Davis and Jasper will be tough, not as much as last year. The Diboll game I expect Silsbee to win by a couple of TD's or more.

When was the last time Silsbee beat Lumberton?  I know it has been quite a while.  I'm thinking Lumberton wins that game but I'll listen to your reasons as to why you think the tigers will win.

When was the last time Silsbee beat Lumberton?  I know it has been quite a while.  I'm thinking Lumberton wins that game but I'll listen to your reasons as to why you think the tigers will win.

Well, being that it has been over 6 years since these two teams have played, and Lumberton did beat Silsbee the last few times they have played when Silsbee was pretty bad those last couple of years as a 4A, it has been awhile, like you said.

Lumberton will be Silsbee's toughest test before district, maybe thier toughest game all season. But I like Silsbee's chances because of the one big intangible, THEY ARE DO!!!! lol

You are trying to tell us that Silsbee will be Lumbertons toughest game all year and Silsbee just got ran over by LCM come on Aggie.  I know it was just a scrimmage but they don't look that good.  I have been to both Sisbee scrimmages and they are OK at best.  I thing there are some tougher teams in 4a than Silsbee. 

You are trying to tell us that Silsbee will be Lumbertons toughest game all year and Silsbee just got ran over by LCM come on Aggie.  I know it was just a scrimmage but they don't look that good.  I have been to both Sisbee scrimmages and they are OK at best.  I thing there are some tougher teams in 4a than Silsbee. 

What?? I think you have some reading comprehension problem there, Gone South.

If you read my post carefully, you'll see that I said Lumberton could very well be SILSBEE'S toughest game all season, not the other way around.

You know, I have seen both of WOS's scrimmages and the same could be said about the Stangs as well, they are OK at best.

Don't start this to early GoneSouth.... When you said LCM "ran over" Silsbee......Are you sure your not thinking about Vidor.  Didn't Vidor "run" the ball 99% of the time?  One pass right?

We don't know the real story about both teams yet.

You are trying to tell us that Silsbee will be Lumbertons toughest game all year and Silsbee just got ran over by LCM come on Aggie.  I know it was just a scrimmage but they don't look that good.  I have been to both Sisbee scrimmages and they are OK at best.  I thing there are some tougher teams in 4a than Silsbee.  

Don't start this to early GoneSouth.... When you said LCM "ran over" Silsbee......Are you sure your not thinking about Vidor.  Didn't Vidor "run" the ball 99% of the time?  One pass right?

You are right. the coaches did not want Jeremy to run the ball much in either scrimmage. They called one running play for him in the Kirbyville scrimmage which resulted in a td. In the LCM scrimmage, he scrambled a couple of times to throw the ball. Overall Silsbee wanted to work on the OL's ability to pass protect and get our sophomore defensive players acclimated into our defensive scheme. Come regular season Prentise Lane and Jarron Rhone will be going both ways. Anybody who watched the LCM Scrimmage knows we could have scored td for td with them if we would have kept our starting Offense on the field. When they left the game the score was tied 21 to 21. LCM Scored a td on our second defense before they finally matched Silsbee and pulled their starters out of the game.  

True, i haven't seen a game yet, Just practices.

What?? I think you have some reading comprehension problem there, Gone South.

If you read my post carefully, you'll see that I said Lumberton could very well be SILSBEE'S toughest game all season, not the other way around.

You know, I have seen both of WOS's scrimmages and the same could be said about the Stangs as well, they are OK at best.

WOS and Silsbee will be fine in the regular season. Some people who can't wait for the regular season to start always seem to read too much into scrimmage games. There was no way Silsbee was going to risk Jeremy or any other key player in a scrimmage just to prove a point to the pundits.

Watch out for the Tigers starting August 28.

Diboll and Davis will not be very good this year at all. Jasper will be Jasper, they will have some players, but they have a new offense, new coach and they lost their best player to graduation. I agree Lumberton and Newton will be the biggest preseason test.

While I don't put much stock into the score and I don't really know who the starters are for Silsbee this year. A general observation that I came away with from their LCM scrimmage is that they are very small on both lines which is not typical for Silsbee. Especially the last few years. Of course, running the spread, you don't have to be big. And defensively you also don't have to be big as long as you are strong and quick, but this isn't what we have seen from Silsbee the last few years. They will be a different type of team this year in my opinion.

Diboll and Davis will not be very good this year at all. Jasper will be Jasper, they will have some players, but they have a new offense, new coach and they lost their best player to graduation. I agree Lumberton and Newton will be the biggest preseason test.

While I don't put much stock into the score and I don't really know who the starters are for Silsbee this year. A general observation that I came away with from their LCM scrimmage is that they are very small on both lines which is not typical for Silsbee. Especially the last few years. Of course, running the spread, you don't have to be big. And defensively you also don't have to be big as long as you are strong and quick, but this isn't what we have seen from Silsbee the last few years. They will be a different type of team this year in my opinion.

You said a mouthful there Gas. Good observation.

Guest EagleFan01

Well, being that it has been over 6 years since these two teams have played, and Lumberton did beat Silsbee the last few times they have played when Silsbee was pretty bad those last couple of years as a 4A, it has been awhile, like you said.

Lumberton will be Silsbee's toughest test before district, maybe thier toughest game all season. But I like Silsbee's chances because of the one big intangible, THEY ARE DO!!!! lol

I think Newton will be there toughest game before district, and I think Newton will be to much for them.

I think Newton will be there toughest game before district, and I think Newton will be to much for them.

I agree with you on both points.

Who on Silsbee defense, are Sophomores besides Jacob Keefer , that are starters ?

I was talking about the twins in the secondary. This is their first year on the varsity and they will be getting a whole bunch of playing time.

Guest ST4life

I agree with you on both points.

We will just have to wait and see about that........

I dont know how yall can just give this game to Newton when all they have returning on the defense is four starters from the 2008 squad.......

with  QB Johnson  RB Barnes  RB Bolton  WR Lane  WR McDaniel  Im sure Silsbee will be able to answer TD for TD........

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder