Dayton -Lumberton Scrimmage/18-14 Lumberton

Their is a very clear 1st and 2nd team with this Lumberton team. with the exception of a few players.

Congrats to Lumberton for playing well.

EX-coach sorry but we disagree, I have watched practice and 2 scrimmages and have seen a mixture in both practice and practices games. Lets let Coach C name the Starters and the rest of us just give opinions ok. Trust me ITS NOT VERY CLEAR as you say.

I'll take WTB over you too buddy. I can show up and within a minute tell you who the starters are. Same as WTB.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T I will still wait and see who the real Coaches name the starters, The comment was over Webb claiming something about a scrimmage he wasnt at and stated 2nd string was in when in fact the same group that started the game was in there, he was corrected by a Dayton fan that was also at the game and oh by the way some of those guys that were in there were dif. guys than the ones that started against BC so before u jump on his back make sure he knows what he is talking about.

Wow, just got back from the game and it was a very good scrimmage for Lumberton.  It seemed like L-town made the adjustments on both sides of the ball especially in the 2nd quarter.  Both teams still need some work, but both looked very good at times. The passing game for Dayton wasn't quite there.  I was glad to see the depth on Lumberton's defense.  The L-town 2nd string defense played very well.  Good luck to both teams in their openers.

one thing i do know, you cant replace green & dugat,smesney, &other kids the broncos had

the last two years, but this thing is for sure ,dayton will be alright. they have some really fine

athletes over there. coach stewart & his staff will have them ready,just need a little time to

bring them broncos together. still will probably win district. they still tha champs. as for as them raiders

go, they will be alright also. o-line grew up a little tonight ,heck the did not have a choice with them

bigguns over there.  mr beard played one half,ryan h. played exactly one half except for the last 4

plays after the 2nd string qb got a bruised knee,just to finish the game. i know that the fellas that

started   the d & o , most like 75 % did not play hardly at all the second half, regardless if they are

second team are not, coach c said he was going to mix it up. good job to both teams & no dicing

either team here, i think both can get better & both teams can go into the playoffs. if anyone cares, here is the stats ( the totals ) that i came up with, they are not perfect , but they are close.

LUMBERTON :

rush offense :    28 attempts    -       75 yards

pass offense :    12-19            -   182 yards ( 2 - td )

2- sacs for loss by dayton

1 -fumble -recovered by lumberton

16 yards loss on rushes

DAYTON    :

PASS OFFENSE :   11-17        -     59 YARDS

RUSH  OFFENSE :  18  attempts -  157 yards

2 sacs by raider defense -21 yds loss

33 yds loss on rushes

2 - loss fumbles

both teams played hard & no crap on tthe field ,good job broncos & raiders. i think lumberton has the most room to grow & get better, but both teams will definately get better,good luck guys ;D

First thing good game Raiders you played well and more consistant than the broncos who still are trying to get there.Secondary still weakest link thus far.1st play td was #7 senior X.Franks transfer from Crosby not #22 Delasbour the soph.who later ran for a long td.Still trying to find a back-up QB for Ploch.#10 who's trying has yet to complete a pass and having trouble in the backfield w/RB as they run into ea.other.Both scrimmages now Dayton has ran the same 7-8 plays.The long passes have been overthrown.As far as Coach Stewart he has not shown but a small part of the plays so far as it is a glorified practice.I was most impressed by the poise of the Lumberton QB.Good luck Raiders in your search of another dist.championship.As I posted in another post Lumb.has heart.

First thing good game Raiders you played well and more consistant than the broncos who still are trying to get there.Secondary still weakest link thus far.1st play td was #7 senior X.Franks transfer from Crosby not #22 Delasbour the soph.who later ran for a long td.Still trying to find a back-up QB for Ploch.#10 who's trying has yet to complete a pass and having trouble in the backfield w/RB as they run into ea.other.Both scrimmages now Dayton has ran the same 7-8 plays.The long passes have been overthrown.As far as Coach Stewart he has not shown but a small part of the plays so far as it is a glorified practice.I was most impressed by the poise of the Lumberton QB.Good luck Raiders in your search of another dist.championship.As I posted in another post Lumb.has heart.

Funny.. this year it's a glorified practice. Last year it was the Super Bowl for dayton ;)

I was impressed with Lumberton overall, they do appear to have some depth. We scored our second TD on a mostly 2nd team defense. Their mostly 2nd team offense scored on our first team defense. And by the way I am one of those who considered last years scrimmage as the "superbowl". I couldn't wait to get L-Town back for that 8-7 beatdown they gave us. That said, hats off to Lumberton they looked good last night.

As far as we go, Dayton always starts slow and at this time of year its easy to get discouraged but, I feel confident that things will line up pretty well by District. Ploch is trying get a complicated offense down and it will get better. I know the ball handling issues will be addressed.

I will admit I am still dry heaving because Lumberton beat us in a scrimmage last night, sorry but it means something to me. ;)

I was impressed with Lumberton overall, they do appear to have some depth. We scored our second TD on a mostly 2nd team defense. Their mostly 2nd team offense scored on our first team defense. And by the way I am one of those who considered last years scrimmage as the "superbowl". I couldn't wait to get L-Town back for that 8-7 beatdown they gave us. That said, hats off to Lumberton they looked good last night.

As far as we go, Dayton always starts slow and at this time of year its easy to get discouraged but, I feel confident that things will line up pretty well by District. Ploch is trying get a complicated offense down and it will get better. I know the ball handling issues will be addressed.

I will admit I am still dry heaving because Lumberton beat us in a scrimmage last night, sorry but it means something to me. ;)

Thanks for the honesty BRONCO1. .  ;D

How did BEARD do? did he play any offense?

liltex, bronco1 and the dude: Good comments by all, bottom line on scrimmages is someone will always try to make more than what it is.  It's controlled and void of special team play.  The L-town kickers and punters were way outperformed. We can't win if we get 6 and give up 7 everytime, or if we start deep in our own territory and opponents are always knocking on the door.  We did't see any return game during the scrimmage so that another unknown.  There were a lot of bright spots for both teams.  I think both teams walk away proud, but knowing we both have work to do. 

Guest BIG HOUSE

BRONCO1--- your always an honest guy....Thanks for the comments and hope you get to feeling better....It was a great scrimmage for us at L-Town esp.

after the 1st play td run by Dayton....Good luck to both teams.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Thanks for the honesty BRONCO1. .  ;D

How did BEARD do? did he play any offense?

He didn't play any offense. He played defense only in first half. He had somewhere around 5 tackles in first half and at one point 3 tackles in a row. Laid a good lick on #8 Dayton QB causing the ball to come loose but I guess they said his knee was already down as they gave Dayton the ball back. He also recovered a fumble. He looked solid for limited action since his injury and will continue to get back to where he was week by week and will only get better. Hopefully he'll be really tuned in by the time district starts.

Payton Ploch played more than half of the game at qb.  He was #8.  He sat out for a while and then came back in as a wr and then took the last few snaps at qb.  He is getting better every day.

Did #8 come back in at the end of the game to maybe try and help dayton win this so called "glorified" practice? I hope they meet in the playoffs so they can settle this with a real game. All in all it was a good game r both teams

[move]GO RAIDERS!![/move]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder