Post Your scores here

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was really busy for me shooting stuff but I'm going to try and get some of these games for my shows.

Ash, looks like the game you need to be at next week is the Jr. BC vs. WOS White 1pm in BC. Heck, I coach another game that day and I wish I could make it...

BC-  41              WOS-W-  54

Ned Gold-  6          PNG-P-  0

P.S. If you do, could you shot it from the Endzone and send me a copy???  ;)

I hate to hear scores like that in little league sports.  It is a difficult situation for everyone involved, but I feel bad for the Young Indians.  And as to the heat, it is WAY too hot out there.  But very few leagues can afford to have games at night with the lighting and electricity that is neccesary.  I hope it cools down soon, but next weekend looks just as hot as this weekend.

We didn't want the score to be like that either and you're right it is difficult for both sides. We put alot of different kids in and some that will never carry the ball again. I wish I knew how many different kids scored. We did not run up the score. Yes it was miserably hot out there.

That's just football, somedays you just can't help but to score. You can't give the kid the ball and tell him to run the opposite direction... LOL.

On a side note, I do not have a child involved in this league, but as a fan of football in this area. I want to say thanks to all of the parents and people involved in putting this league together. This is only going to make football in this area, as a whole, better for doing this. We have not had a state champ from this area in years, but I bet you it will not be long as the kids of this league begin to get into highschool and on varsity teams. It's very exciting to me for this area to put emphasis again on kids learning to play at a young age and I just want to say that I, as a person who just loves the game, appreciate it. Keep it up, guys. You're ALL headed in the right direction. Win or lose.

I hate to hear scores like that in little league sports.  It is a difficult situation for everyone involved, but I feel bad for the Young Indians.  And as to the heat, it is WAY too hot out there.  But very few leagues can afford to have games at night with the lighting and electricity that is neccesary.  I hope it cools down soon, but next weekend looks just as hot as this weekend.

We didn't want the score to be like that either and you're right it is difficult for both sides. We put alot of different kids in and some that will never carry the ball again. I wish I knew how many different kids scored. We did not run up the score. Yes it was miserably hot out there.

I understand and hope that you understand that was exactly what I meant in my original post.  But from my experience on both ends of the stick, it is still better to be on the winning end.  ;D

I understand and hope that you understand that was exactly what I meant in my original post.  But from my experience on both ends of the stick, it is still better to be on the winning end.   ;D

Yes it is. I thought that's what you meant, I was just trying to squash something before someone started it.

Ned. Black Jr. 20

LCM Jr. 0

Game was closer than the score though. LCM had some big kids and moved the ball a bit. I think they will bounce back. Ned Black looked better today than in there first 2 scrimmages. All in all it was a good game.

And your right...IT WAS HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you right there lcm has a BIG line this year and the whole team was better then that score shows. glad the boys in black showed up today. knew they would come together and im glad it was today. cant wait to see where we at about half way in the year  ;D

Today was really busy for me shooting stuff but I'm going to try and get some of these games for my shows.

Ash, looks like the game you need to be at next week is the Jr. BC vs. WOS White 1pm in BC. Heck, I coach another game that day and I wish I could make it...

BC-  41              WOS-W-  54

Ned Gold-  6          PNG-P-  0

P.S. If you do, could you shot it from the Endzone and send me a copy???  ;)

I'll see what I can do, but I usually move along the sidelines when a shoot.

I understand and hope that you understand that was exactly what I meant in my original post.  But from my experience on both ends of the stick, it is still better to be on the winning end.   ;D

Yes it is. I thought that's what you meant, I was just trying to squash something before someone started it.

Without a doubt...score wasnt ran up...purple kids wouldnt have tackled their lil sisters saturday...it was what it was and i'll be the first to say this...WO- White is prob the best team Ive seen at this level period. Good luck to you guys still having to face them...im glad to have it behind us on week one...maybe now I can get the kids to actually show up and play ..hahaha 9-10 year olds...like dr. jeckle and mr hyde. ya just never know.

WOS White junior - 54

png purple junior - 0

PNG was beat before the game even started. On a side note...OMG it had to have been the hottest day for junior league football in the history of the world. MISERABLE..Poor kids..couldnt imagine playing in conditions like that...I dont know why they dont schedule more evening games...I guess when a kid falls out with heat stroke they'll take a look at it. No way in heck boys this age should be playing football in this kind of heat. It's actually kind of dangerous if ya ask me. When a kid crashes from a heat related illness..they crash fast and your in trouble. Hope everyone stays well hydrated this summer.

And may I add that 10 minute quarters are WAY to long....they don't play that long in UIL sub varsity games for a reason. Take note of all the injuries you start getting in the 4th quarter. It's because the game should already be over.

Well where to begin, We had a rough start to this pee wee season losing to vidor gold 28-21. I know that reported 36-13 but the game film does not lie. I mostly want to complain of the referees, for both sides they didnt call any offsides penalties on either side or any of they late hits that accured after the whistle to put my starting Qb and running back out of the game. But We had a fun time we know what we need to work on to be successful this season. Good luck to vidor gold.

Well where to begin, We had a rough start to this pee wee season losing to vidor gold 28-21. I know that reported 36-13 but the game film does not lie. I mostly want to complain of the referees, for both sides they didnt call any offsides penalties on either side or any of they late hits that accured after the whistle to put my starting Qb and running back out of the game. But We had a fun time we know what we need to work on to be successful this season. Good luck to vidor gold.

If they didn't call it for either side then it sounds about fair.They don't call alot of penalties the first week of games. Our referees were very good and very helpful. My line was a little in the neutral zone and they gave me an opportunity to correct it before they called it.

If they didn't call it for either side then it sounds about fair.They don't call alot of penalties the first week of games. Our referees were very good and very helpful. My line was a little in the neutral zone and they gave me an opportunity to correct it before they called it.

Our ref's did OK......they did make a mistake and not stop the clock between 1st and 2nd quarter. They called a few offsides.......but no holding calls and we were both guilty of that. So all in all they did a good job.

as for the game, we lost fair and square........15 - 13..........had a safety last couple minutes of the game.  Our offensive line needs some work......nederland was blowing past them causing us grief in the backfield. We get the o-line fixed and we should be in good shape.

Our ref's did OK......they did make a mistake and not stop the clock between 1st and 2nd quarter. They called a few offsides.......but no holding calls and we were both guilty of that. So all in all they did a good job.

as for the game, we lost fair and square........15 - 13..........had a safety last couple minutes of the game.  Our offensive line needs some work......nederland was blowing past them causing us grief in the backfield. We get the o-line fixed and we should be in good shape.

Yeah over all it was a fair game my special teams is what lost the game for us but vidor gold has some fast kids just no size on the line but they are scrappy and can pass the ball pretty good

WOS White junior - 54

png purple junior - 0

PNG was beat before the game even started. On a side note...OMG it had to have been the hottest day for junior league football in the history of the world. MISERABLE..Poor kids..couldnt imagine playing in conditions like that...I dont know why they dont schedule more evening games...I guess when a kid falls out with heat stroke they'll take a look at it. No way in heck boys this age should be playing football in this kind of heat. It's actually kind of dangerous if ya ask me. When a kid crashes from a heat related illness..they crash fast and your in trouble. Hope everyone stays well hydrated this summer.

And may I add that 10 minute quarters are WAY to long....they don't play that long in UIL sub varsity games for a reason. Take note of all the injuries you start getting in the 4th quarter. It's because the game should already be over.

They play 10 minutes because all the kids have to play 10 plays. Middle school/UIL you do not have play all the kids.

Without a doubt...score wasnt ran up...purple kids wouldnt have tackled their lil sisters saturday...it was what it was and i'll be the first to say this...WO- White is prob the best team Ive seen at this level period. Good luck to you guys still having to face them...im glad to have it behind us on week one...maybe now I can get the kids to actually show up and play ..hahaha 9-10 year olds...like dr. jeckle and mr hyde. ya just never know.

I just want to say that at the Junior and Senior levels I think 10 min quarters are perfect. I also understand that as the kids get fatigued they are more likely to become injured. That is why as a coach it is our responsibility to condition our kids to play 40 minutes of football. Every team that played this weekend played under the same conditions. Are ya'll forgetting that we live in SOUTHEAST TEXAS. It is humid and hot. I don't see WOS white, Lumberton white, Lumberton red, Nederland white, Bridge City, or WOS blue complaining about the heat. When our kids get to school ball how are they going to handle 2 a days if they are sheltered now. Alot of our kids play select baseball during the spring and summer and have to play 3-5 games back to back on sundays. No one complains. Its part of the environment we choose to put our kids in to make them better students, athletes and adults. Stop whinning or play a different sport. What are we teaching our kids if as coaches we choose to quit a competitive football game because we are losing to badly or because its too hot? Prepare your kids and hope for the best (win or lose). This is what's wrong with our country today. Everyone wants to complain about how they got screwed instead of putting in the hard work it takes to become better. Maybe you should just email your congressman and ask for a goverment bailout!!

As for New Indian, its about like you to wanna talk after the fact about me and the rest of my coaching staff and what we were supposedly saying on our sidelines. As you know, the PNG sidelines have no boundaries between the coaches and the parents. If anyone was cursing are saying anything negatively our parents would be pretty upset because they were right on top of us. We would have heard about it already from them. So my advice to you is to shut up, take your but whoopin, and tell DL how you feel that your son's team didn't practice enough last week. Tell DL how many broken assignments and blocks ya'll had. I'm pretty sure he would love to hear that from you. Maybe you could even help him out instead of working the chains.

i had a long good response to ya raider44 but... in short..everyone has their opinions...and i dont agree with you...at the high school level yes....at 9-10 years old no.

there should be a set limit on temperatures.... its very dangerous regardless of how tough you think it makes the 6 year old flag kids on saturdays. ( Even a time limit or longer mandatory half time..something)

Next lightning storm and a game gets cancelled..lets give em all long steel rods and have em hold those while they play..that'll toughen em up. ( More kids die from heat related illness's every year than the same amount of lighting strikes over 10 years) and besides..you said it best..we do live in SOUTHEAST TEXAS for pete's sake..we should act like we have a brain and let it reflect in our decisions when dealing with our kids safety.

Im all for a mercy rule in youth sports...i actually think the 10 run rule is a great rule in little league baseball...we are here to protect these kids physically and mentally.

The kiddos playing 3-5 baseball games on Sunday..should have been sitting in Church.. THATS whats wrong with the world today.

This isnt Marine Boot Camp...it's junior league football... does em no good to be tough and all at 9-10 if they end up hating the game and dont choose to play in high school.... and I'll leave it to a man named Faircloth to prepair my boys for two-a-days. They are ten..im pretty sure it doesnt take 6 years to get in shape for two a days .

hey but to each his own...your intitled to your opinion...like me  mine..i tend to go overboard with safety stuff...im a fireman/medic by trade and have dealt with plenty of kids with heat injuries...scary thing when dealing with kids. they crash fast.

i

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder