Mitch Villemez

Hornet

Guest baseball25

Lol guys villemez way better than cook.8et you money cook didn't have runs like villemez did in that video of his.villemez is a better overall athlete and More versitle and can catch way better than cook and all those guys. You can put villemez at wr and qb and he will be dangerous I mean come on now.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no offence to anyone on here but for yall to think this kid is good enough to play at major D1's like those schools that were mentioned yall are crazy. He is a good 2A player and a good kid, but he is no where near that level. to me he isn't much better than the back from HD last year and he is not as good as the back WH had a few years ago i think in 06. and neither one of those kids are playing at major colleges 

If he is not good enough to play at a D1 school, why is he getting letters and visits for  those D1 schools????????  Are you saying they don't know what they are doing?

Every player who registers with the NCAA clearinghouse gets letters from D1 schools.  It is just the way it goes.  The schools look through the questionairres and they decide whether to pursue or not.  I wish this kid luck, but if Stelly didn't get any D1 looks, I find it hard to believe this kid will.  He will be a good D2 or D3 player, but he is not quite the caliber of Christine Michael.  That's how you have to compare it.  Is MV worthy of the same type of attention that Christine got last year?  Not quite.  Especially against the type of competition he will be going up against.  Maybe he will prove me wrong, I'll see Friday night!

Go Bobcats, ruin that stadium opening!

Guest baseball25

Stelly is 5ft9 and his athletic ability doesn't compare to villemez. Agility. Speed.catching. All goes to villemez. Stelly was a downhill runner and villemez is side to side and can run down hill if he has too. But villemez is getting recruited as a free safety. He's 6ft 2. 200 pounds and runs a 4.5 he's a division 1 prospect. Stelly ran 4.7 I mean don't get me wrong he's a great kid and hard worker but villemez is the way better athlete and better prospect.

Stelly is 5ft9 and his athletic ability doesn't compare to villemez. Agility. Speed.catching. All goes to villemez. Stelly was a downhill runner and villemez is side to side and can run down hill if he has too. But villemez is getting recruited as a free safety. He's 6ft 2. 200 pounds and runs a 4.5 he's a division 1 prospect. Stelly ran 4.7 I mean don't get me wrong he's a great kid and hard worker but villemez is the way better athlete and better prospect.

Where is Stelly now?

Please don't put him out there where he may not belong, comparing him to other players. Not fair to him. He will be successful where he decides to go . That could be UT, A&M, or Blinn.

What are you talking about? Get a life.

I think you guys are missing the point, he said they were showing interest in him to play safety....not saying I think he could play for OU or any other top D1 school, but we don't know what kind of offers the kid is getting so let it be! He is a great athlete and I wish him the best! Good luck

Guest baseball25

dwade I mean come on now ,Here's is mosley stuff from sportsline.com  Micah Mosley Height/Weight: 6-0/210 | Birthdate: 07/31/1988 | Birthplace: Nederland | Team: North Texas | Class: Junior.              Villemez is basically bigger than mosley right now and he's a Sr at the hs level, Villemez is getting recruited to play defense, He would redshirt first to put more muscle on him and would be like 220 his freshman yr at safety.

Mitchell Villemez 6-3/190/4.4 Hardin, TX District offensive MVP with over 1,500 yards and 20 TDs in 2008 as a RB. Played safety & WR as a soph and is recruited at those positions by TCU coaches.

http://www.killerfrogs.com/blog/recruiting-pages/2010-recruits/

I have Aaron Cooks highlight film at my house,and yes he has several long runs and tons of big hits. Cook was better than Villamez,just watch the Hardin vs H-D game. Villamez rushed for 87 yards against H-D,Cook rushed for 250 Yards and 2 TDs. More than Villamez and Stelly combined. Villamez is a fine safety but Cook could teach him a little about running the ball.

Guest baseball25

Hd non cat villemez didn't start running the ball untill hardin made the qb switch and that was after the 4th game. Put cook stuff on. Here so we can see where is cook at these days lol.

I have Aaron Cooks highlight film at my house,and yes he has several long runs and tons of big hits. Cook was better than Villamez,just watch the Hardin vs H-D game. Villamez rushed for 87 yards against H-D,Cook rushed for 250 Yards and 2 TDs. More than Villamez and Stelly combined. Villamez is a fine safety but Cook could teach him a little about running the ball.

Mitch didn't play the whole third qtr. do to cramping and couldn't play at 100% in the 4th, remember that was his first game as a running back ever, he wasn't conditioned enough. Let's do the judging after this game.

Aaron was a good running back but he did do all that against a weak district. I watched villemez run against buna and the kid can run the ball. Not saying Aaron couldn't have ran against the 2a district Hardin was in, but evadale was the only team to have a decent defense and they shut him down. Cook rushed for a ton of yards against the teams he faced, but so did villemez. They are both good backs.

Please don't put him out there where he may not belong, comparing him to other players. Not fair to him. He will be successful where he decides to go . That could be UT, A&M, or Blinn.

I'll type slower for you next time.

'Get a life', that's witty. Did you come up with that all by yourself? No, couldn't have been you. You weren't around 15 years ago.

Anyway, good luck with the new school year and hope you get the homeroom teacher you are hoping for.

I'll type slower for you next time.

'Get a life', that's witty. Did you come up with that all by yourself? No, couldn't have been you. You weren't around 15 years ago.

Anyway, good luck with the new school year and hope you get the homeroom teacher you are hoping for.

Ummmm...etbu isnt some little kid......just throwin that out there...

I think Villamez is a dang good "ball player" and athelte. He's not a great running back by any stretch of the imagination. He's a quality athlete that you can just plug in at any position at the 2A level, and he's going to be successful. If he played QB for Hardin, he'd be a dang good QB, same at the WR position. Some kids just have it, and he does. I personally think Aaron Cook is the better running back at this point in time. With that being said, last seaon was Cook's FOURTH year as starting RB at HD, and it was Villamez' first at Hardin. We'll see how this season goes, but to me as a running back he's a little stiff, lacks a some vision and cut back ability. He doesn't look blazing fast, but he can create speration and run away from kids. I think his future is on the defensive side of the ball as well at the next level, but heck why not have him in the backfield to rush for another 1500 yds. As far as him playing at Texas A&M, I don't think that is too far fetched. I mean the kid will end up 6'3" 215lbs with 4.5 speed. I dont' think many D-I schools would be embarrassed to have a kid with those stats on their roster. I hate when people who support big schools bash on the small school talent. If MV was at Dayton right now, he wouldn't be their starting RB, but I promise he'd be one of their top defensive players, and he'd be getting D-I hype, and nobody would say a bad thing about it. It's just a double standard. 1A Cayuga has all world RB Traylon Shead coming into his senior year, and he's already committed to Texas. His teammate Malcolm Kennedy has committed to Texas A&M. MV isn't Traylon Shead, but he's as good or better than Kennedy. It's just the scouts and eyes saw him, and realized he can play ball, despite the level of competition. Sorry for writing a novel, just wanted to share my open.

SOAP BOX ----> Me stepping off it

1) The way I see it is...anytime any player receives any offer from any college, that's good news - Period!  So, good for MV!

2) There is, by far, a double standard on athletes/talent from big schools to little schools - always has, always will!

3) Deior McNeal (going nowhere but had ops) from Anahuac was a better RB than Villemez, but being an Aggie fan, seeing a 6-2" 225lb safety from Hardin possibly bring back the "wrecking crew" in College Station would be nice.            

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder