Little Cypress-Mauriceville 10, Texas City 6

Are you kidding me???

Texas City is usually Big,Physical and very fast....and LCM holds them to 6 and post 10, I know it's only a scrimmage but the rest of the district should be in a little shock.....

Crouch changing the atittude in Bear Country!!!!

LCM played Texas City to a scoreless scrimmage while the JV and Freshmen outscored TC according to first year LCM Coach Randy Crouch.  "I was pleased with the effort for a first scrimmage," he said. "We were on the 6 yd line when the game ended.  One concern I have following the game is that we have to do a better job making sure we have the right people in the right situations.  And we'll get better at that."  The Bears will host Silsbee in a scrimmage on Friday

Still impressive.

One scrimmage doesn't make season but it goes to show how one man with the right assistant coaches  can make a difference. Someone correct me but wasn't Coach Crouch passed over when the the coaching job was open in the past?

There is no reason LCM can't follow in the path of Nederland in the football program, as they have similar athletes.

First, I was wondering why LCM would take on such tough scrimmage opponent. I thought they should have taken on someone easier.

What the heck do I know.  :o

Great job LCM!!

Mat, if you find LCM in the Massey Ratings, right now you will find they are rated higher than most of our district. The reason for that, since no games have been played is strength of schedule, they do have a tough schedule picked as usual. Preseason the open with West Orange (definitely tough), then Bridge City (lately a pretty even match) and finally Cleveland (another extremely tough opponent). Their scrimmages Texas City (last night), Silsbee (notice a trend?) and finally Baytown Lee (5a, they aren't messing around).

Couple of tidbits from someone who was at the game.

1. LCM looked better than last year. Not what he would consider good but better, but that was a given they are more experienced and better coached.

2. TC is not the TC of old. They will struggle hard this year. No QB, no real skill position players. They have a nice size OLine.

Nonetheless it is a good start for Crouch and Company.

Admin, you are correct. Crouch was one of the finalists when they chose Moody.

LCM's school board is probably like Lumbertons', they always overlooked the local talent for the so called "Winner". Examples, without some names, L-Town has had at least one former pro-quarterback, severa; from winning highschool programs and Coach C's predecessor, who if I'm not mistaken took Blinn or one of the other 2nd tier colleges to the nationals and won. That was the big hook for him, of course in high school you don't get to "recruit" your players like in college, hence the failed Fuller years. The result, they passed over Coach Poole, a Lumberton graduate, who left L-Town and took Hardin into the playoffs his first year as HC and is now (I think) a big part of Nederlands' success. I'm just glad someone either gave up on all the hype of outside coaches or maybe a light bulb went off in their head anddecided to give aa local a shot for once. Coach C is the best thing to ever be allowed to happen to the Lumberton Football team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder