Vidor

NoWeakness

They have some talent at Vidor......We had some Vidor kids that traveled with Babe Ruth in tournament action

C...Daniel Teal...solid catcher, quick and can hit

P/Of....Taylor Robichau can pitch and play real good OF

SS.....VJ Bunner... premier SS in the area

OF/1B......Will Fontnow....speed in OF and has some power

Diamond in the rough is Derek Kilmer, he can play.

First, I think Vidor is a very interesting team in that district. You cannot simply pencil in Nederland, PNG, and LCM (pick the order) and say 'there's your playoff teams'. I think both Vidor and Ozen have a chance to squeeze in as a playoff team. Both teams have good coaches and a good core of talent that is maturing. Whether those teams have the depth is another matter.

I would take issue before we crown the Vidor SS as the best player in the area...While he might be 1 of the top 5 or 6 middle infielders out there, I can think of 3 or 4 very quickly I'd take before him. That's no knock on him...he's a good player, but I'm not sure he's ready for that crown....

While he might be 1 of the top 5 or 6 middle infielders out there' date=' I can think of 3 or 4 very quickly I'd take before him.[/quote']

Who? No way there are that many middle infielders in the area that are better than the Bunner kid. This kid has tremendous range, hits for power and average, runs great and has a good arm. I have seen most of the HS teams in this area play and I have yet to see a better middle infielder than this kid. Just my opinion, but nobody in the area can play the middle with him.

Well, without breathing too hard....

(1) Ferguson and Murphy at West Brook are both middle infielder, both have major D1 scholarships. Riley at Woodville will have a significant D1 scholarship as a middle infielder.. Hart at Jasper -- only a junior.

(2) Beyond that, Gardiner at Ozen, Roebuck at HJ (I know he played more OF last year but was SS at frosh and should move back this season with graduation -- a very good player), Bolton at BC and Barrera at BH.

Again, not a knock on Bunner because he's a good player but he falls in the group in paragraph 2, not paragrph 1. And I have seen all of them play. Plus...there may be some others out there. These are just the ones of the top of my head.

Well' date=' without breathing too hard....

(1) Ferguson and Murphy at West Brook are both middle infielder, both have major D1 scholarships. Riley at Woodville will have a significant D1 scholarship as a middle infielder.. Hart at Jasper -- only a junior.

(2) Beyond that, Gardiner at Ozen, Roebuck at HJ (I know he played more OF last year but was SS at frosh and should move back this season with graduation -- a very good player), Bolton at BC and Barrera at BH.

Again, not a knock on Bunner because he's a good player but he falls in the group in paragraph 2, not paragrph 1. And I have seen all of them play. Plus...there may be some others out there. These are just the ones of the top of my head.[/quote']

VJ is better than the ones mentioned in paragraph 1. Like Riley, VJ is only a Junior and will see plenty of "major D1" scholarship offers. I haven't seen Riley, but I do like Murphy, Gardiner and Hart.

I have had the pleasure of watching all of these athletes play the game' date=' and can say without a doubt that the paragraph 1 and 2 players are significantly better than VJ. No doubt he has potential, but to be put in the same category with Riley, Murphy, Ferguson, and Hart would be a legitimate mistake.[/quote']

You obviously have not seen VJ lately.

I'm not sure but it sounds like VJ may be trying to build himself up a little on the SETX Forum. Don't talk' date=' just play and everyone will see how good you are come March.[/quote']

lol. This isn't VJ or anybody related to him, just someone who saw a tremendously talented player.

I can be honest when I say that I have not seen all the kids on the middle infield list, but I can say I have seen the Bunner kid play and he is legit. It would be hard for me to believe he is not one of the top shortstops in the area if not the best. The kid has recieved D-1 recognition as a sophomore and is a junior this year. There is no doubt that Ferguson and Murphy are very good middle infielders and have scholarships to prove it, but Bunner will also sign D-1, no doubt. Bunner is definitely in the first list.

VJ was second team as a Sophomore behind Schneider, a Senior, from LCM. I've seen the kid play many games and it is my opinion that he is the best middle infielder in this area. Make me right, no. Just my opinion. People have their opinions of other players and that is fine, I just feel VJ is better.

I have had the opportunity to see VJ on two occasions and he has made some defensive plays that would have been web gems. He shows great range with an above average arm. He also hits well and runs well. This kid in my opinion will be a D1 player one day. In fairness to Murphy, Ferguson, and Riley, I have not had the opportunity to see play yet. If I was a betting man (and I am) I would have to put VJ in the same league with those mention above if not better.

SS.....VJ Bunner... premier SS in the area

Never thought the above quote would so far be 2 pages in September. Love it when we can still talk high school baseball when leaves will be turning shortly.

I'm somewhat partial to VJ because I've seen him perform for about 25 games in some of the most crucial suitations, the kid can play.

Murphy, Ferguson and Riley are all Div 1 in my book. Riley was the only one that played SS when I seen them play.

I am not sure why this topic has gone to the sugar daddy page. I have coached for and against all these kids at one time or another. I firmly feel that all are and will be division on players. At the same time i feel that feguson, murphy and riley are the better of the pack. Bunner is also top of the line, when you get that good the slim margin of victory has to go to experience and competition played against. I feel bunner and the mcdonald kid from silsbee are great, but lack of high end competition and experience make them exactly what they are; great shortstops, great pitchers, and "potential" d-1 players. To say that bunner is the best would be ann opinion and one that deserves to be heard. In my opinion it is not a debate but someone sure likes their vidor pirates. By the way keeping or losing a job has nothing to do with assessing talent, they all have it and it will be interesting to see what happens with the bunner and mcdonald kid. we already know ferguson and murphy are d-1. I am sure kyle green would love this page.

Concerning VJ Bunner, I have seen him play in about 100 games, he is one of the best all round players I have ever seen. Recently, he led the Babe Ruth Allstar team to the championship game in the world series. He was voted all tournament ( only player from Mid-County). He hit .428

for the tourn. Seven games played against outstanding pitching.

He also had at least one H.R.

I have not seen the other players mentioned, play, so I can't compare their talent to VJ's, but I will say if VJ played in a higher profiled program

he would get the recognition he deserves. Don't forget he made 1st team

All District his freshman year. What sets him apart from your average

player is his leadership on and off the field. Great kid...

I am not related in any way to VJ.

• 2 weeks later...

Ggr you no we have something in common we both have seen VJ play in a lot of games throught the years, and yes he is good but he is not as good as what you and everyone else is saying he is. I'm also sure that he wasn't the only one on that Babe Ruth Allstar team that contributed in the world seris tourniment.But once again he is good just not that good we will see how he does in the season.

One more thing when you say "I am not related in any way to VJ".

That just makes everyone else including me that you are!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder