*Post Your 2 A Day Practice Times Here*

Then it's not 2 a days! Lol, one 4 hour practice doesn't make much sense cuz after about 2 hours everything's gonna be gone that they have!

Its what HJ did last year for 2-a-days and the players agreed on doing it again this year. they did well against Diboll last year in scrimmage so I think what they do over there is right.

Anahuac

The Panthers, coming off an 8-3 season, will practice from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. in the morning and from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the evening next week.

Coach Darrell Barbay expects to hold two weeks of two-a-day drills as he looks for answers at the quarterback and running back positions.

The Panthers used four different players at quarterback this summer in advancing to the state 7-on-7 tournament.

“We think we have some answers at running back,†Barbay said, mentioning Dewan Childress, “but we have to find a quarterback. We’re not too concerned about our line, because we have kids coming.â€

The Panthers will scrimmage against Hamshire-Fannett and Tarkington.

Barbers Hill

The Eagles expect about 140 players when drills start at 8 a.m. Monday. Coach Don Price will have his varsity practice twice between 8 a.m. and noon with an hour break between 90-minute workouts. Freshmen practice from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.

“We’ll try to go Monday through Saturday the first week, with a short workout on Saturday,†Price said. “I hope we can go two-a-days through Wednesday of the next week, but it depends on how much the principals will allow us to do (around teacher in-service).â€

Coming off a 3-6 finish last fall, Price is optimistic.

“I don’t know if I have any major concerns,†he said. “We’ve got to find a quarterback. We’ve got some good candidates, so I know we’ll get one who can play. We have some holes in the offensive line to fill and areas in defensive secondary, but we have good candidates.

“We just have to shake out to see who the starters will be.â€

The Eagles will scrimmage Cleveland Aug. 15 and Pasadena Memorial Aug. 21 at home.

Baytown Christian

The Bulldogs will be play six-man football this season, mostly. Coach Donald Houser has a couple of 11-man games set, too.

Practice begins Monday with a team meeting at 6:30 a.m. and a 90-minute workout is set to begin at 7:20 a.m. A second workout is set for noon.

Focus will be on conditioning the first week, with contact drills not beginning until Aug. 10. The coach expects about a dozen players out this week but hopes for more.

“We’re taking bets from the coaching staff,†he said. “The over-under on the number of players is at 14.5.â€

Because they’re moving to on-campus games this season, the Bulldog home games will be on Saturday afternoons.

The first scrimmage is Aug. 15, at First Baptist Pasadena, and the second one will be at Pine Drive.

Robert E. Lee

The Ganders will practice from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and again from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. this week.

Coach Marvin Sedberry isn’t sure how many players to expect.

“According to our roll sheets, we should have 188 kids,†he said. “But we’ve only been able to contact 101. We’ve found out a lot of the kids who signed up for our freshman class are zoned somewhere else.â€

Goose

varsity will practice this week from 7 a.m. to 8:45 a.m., then from 10:15 a.m. to noon and the freshmen will work out from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. each day.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder