RECRUITING A QUARTERBACK

THIS IS A HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION. if you are recruiting a quarterback for your college team, would you want to recruit a kid who has several "DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIPS" under his belt or a kid who  could never deliver a  district championship to his school.

If a QB has Adrian Peterson in his backfield he can win a bunch of titles doing nothing but turning around and handing him the ball. College coaches look at alot of things about a player and then try to project what kind of player he will be a few years down the road. I agree with westend1.

THIS IS A HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION. if you are recruiting a quarterback for your college team, would you want to recruit a kid who has several "DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIPS" under his belt or a kid who  could never deliver a  district championship to his school.

District titles mean nothing. State Title QB's on the other hand prove that a QB had the leadership skills to get it done against the competition comperable to what he will see at the college level (at least at the 3A thru 5A levels).

i say get a QB that fits your system... spread i say get a speed QB(UT) who can move around and escape the pressure. if your a I formation team that use play action(Georgia) get a QB thats taller and that has a great and strong arm...

Someone mentioned Adrian Peterson below..I was trying to remember if he ever won a district championship as a RB.

I talked to some people who scouted Peterson, they said he was the team. They said most everything he got was on his own, like a man against boys. The rest of the team was not very good at all they said.

Just think, he was suppose to play for Silsbee his senior year. He and his mom moved here the summer before his senior year but the Palestine coaches begged his mom to let him stay with one of the coaches so that he could finish there at Palestine. I don't blame the coaches for doing that at all. Also it is very understandable that he would want to finish there at a school that he had attended his whole life.

He certainly had the buzz going around here for a while. He came out and worked out with our guys during the summer.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder