nations baseball letting teams sandbag

trying to understand how some teams get moved up a division for winning 3,4 or 5 tourneys and some teams win 11 tourneys(11u-elite bmt. team)  & DON'T GET MOVED UP? whats up with that  coaches?i thought  a top notch professional coached program,would step up on your own to the next level & challenge your kids & make them better?that 62-12 record is pretty impressive though.what trick u guys going to pull not to get moved up next year?   

I guess Nations doesn't keep track of the teams as well as USSSA.  We are playing in Houston this weekend against a team that until last month was a 11-elite team.  They changed their name,  picked up two new players, and are now an 11-select team??  Doesn't seem fair.

It definately happens alot in Select! It should never happen if its a professional coach that is there for the kids, if for the money, then yes winning at all cost at lower levels gets you business! Moving up is great for the kids, it will weed out the kids with less talent and workhabits, for instance you can win at low levels of play by not accomplishing anything in practice or not even practicing, but at the next level, you can't! The move makes the competitive kids work harder, that should be the goal, if you think select ball will get your kids better, then get them in a program that will teach them all phases of the game!

trying to understand how some teams get moved up a division for winning 3,4 or 5 tourneys and some teams win 11 tourneys(11u-elite bmt. team)  & DON'T GET MOVED UP? whats up with that  coaches?i thought  a top notch professional coached program,would step up on your own to the next level & challenge your kids & make them better?that 62-12 record is pretty impressive though.what trick u guys going to pull not to get moved up next year?   

"The envious man thinks that if his neighbor breaks a leg, he will be able to walk better himself"

This team is not going to voluntarily move up this late in the season.  They will definitely be a major/premiere team next season.  They are already a major team in USSSA, but, USSSA only moved them up a month ago.  August 1st is the start of the new season and all teams will be placed in their appropriate class.  No one was complaining about this team last year and this is the exact same team (according to the online roster) as last year with only one additional player.  Give these boys some credit for putting in the hard work this year.  If you have a problem with the way Nations does things, contact the state director.  If you have a problem with the coach, contact him directly.  Until then, support these 11 year old boys that represent Southeast Texas.

klkct - If a team is frozen at the elite level , the team just can't simply change their name and move to select. When you create a new roster the Nations program will detect the players that were frozen on a elite roster, and will automatically push that team up to the elite level. To be honest, USSSA didn't track this type of stuff nearly as well as Nations. My team was bumped to elite before we played our first game this year, because of who I had on my roster ,and at that time those players had not played Nations and only 3 were on the same team the previous year. Nations had looked at the USSSA history of my players and determined that my team would be elite. So unless the team you speak of was not frozen at the elite level , they should be moved up.

Maybe Nations will move them up after this tourney.  I don't know all the circumstances,  but looking at their roster, they are the same team that was an 11-elite in May.  They added 2 players, changed their team name, and are now classified as 11-select.  It's no big deal really.  It is an open tournament.  While researching the competition i noticed this and thought it looked funny.

Guest jackbquick

This team is not going to voluntarily move up this late in the season.  They will definitely be a major/premiere team next season.  They are already a major team in USSSA, but, USSSA only moved them up a month ago.  August 1st is the start of the new season and all teams will be placed in their appropriate class.  No one was complaining about this team last year and this is the exact same team (according to the online roster) as last year with only one additional player.  Give these boys some credit for putting in the hard work this year.  If you have a problem with the way Nations does things, contact the state director.  If you have a problem with the coach, contact him directly.  Until then, support these 11 year old boys that represent Southeast Texas.

Don't think this was just brought up this late in the year it has been brought up all year long by many with no real reasons except that they don't 10 run everyone. This team has played in 16 tournaments just in nations and has 11 1st place finishes, 3 2nd place finishes, a 5th and a 7th with an overall record of 62-12-2 and a 9-3 record in premier/major level teams. That is including the fall tournaments, in just spring tourn. they have played in 11 tourn. and won 9 of them, now if that does not warrant moving up I don't know what does since there have been a few teams moved up after a few tourn. wins. 3 out of 5 games so far in the elite world series has been 10 run limits for them. This team is a great team but should be playing at the premier level which is equal to major in USSSA and that is what they are classified as there and will be participating in the elite 24 world series which is the top 24 major teams in the country. These boys have put in alot of hard work but should try to play at the highest level. There is alot more to this than just too late in the season to be moved up, they want to win the local world series and since they are the "host team" nations allowed them to stay at that level and still play even though they did not have to play in the state tournament. Don't think anybody is knocking these kids just would like select ball to not turn into league ball and let politics and who you know run it. These kids are good enough to be playing in premier/major.... end of story.       

Guest jackbquick

"The envious man thinks that if his neighbor breaks a leg, he will be able to walk better himself"

Don't think this was just brought up this late in the year it has been brought up all year long by many with no real reasons except that they don't 10 run everyone. This team has played in 16 tournaments just in nations and has 11 1st place finishes, 3 2nd place finishes, a 5th and a 7th with an overall record of 62-12-2 and a 9-3 record in premier/major level teams. That is including the fall tournaments, in just spring tourn. they have played in 11 tourn. and won 9 of them, now if that does not warrant moving up I don't know what does since there have been a few teams moved up after a few tourn. wins. 3 out of 5 games so far in the elite world series has been 10 run limits for them. This team is a great team but should be playing at the premier level which is equal to major in USSSA and that is what they are classified as there and will be participating in the elite 24 world series which is the top 24 major teams in the country. These boys have put in alot of hard work but should try to play at the highest level. There is alot more to this than just too late in the season to be moved up, they want to win the local world series and since they are the "host team" nations allowed them to stay at that level and still play even though they did not have to play in the state tournament. Don't think anybody is knocking these kids just would like select ball to not turn into league ball and let politics and who you know run it. These kids are good enough to be playing in premier/major.... end of story.       

well said jackbquick.to be the best you got to beat the best.the facts are this team dominated from the start of the season & should have been moved up.i have had a couple of issues with nations & unless you have an inside connection(nations tourney director)  you never win.the head guy always tells me there are no grey areas in nations rules its all black & white no exceptions.this situation is full of grey.

Guest jackbquick

You can't expect Nations or USSSA to get it all right.  It seems like the coaches should be the ones to know when they are ready for the next level.   

Exactly right and the point alot of people are trying to make:  62-12 and 9 out of 11 tourn. wins this spring and an elite 24 USSSA world series qualification which is a level above where they are playing in Nations.

You can't expect Nations or USSSA to get it all right.  It seems like the coaches should be the ones to know when they are ready for the next level.  

Exactly right and the point alot of people are trying to make:  62-12 and 9 out of 11 tourn. wins this spring and an elite 24 USSSA world series qualification which is a level above where they are playing in Nations.

Jack, why do you care?  You have nothing to do with this team.  Quit your complaining!

Guest jackbquick

You can't expect Nations or USSSA to get it all right.  It seems like the coaches should be the ones to know when they are ready for the next level.  

Exactly right and the point alot of people are trying to make:  62-12 and 9 out of 11 tourn. wins this spring and an elite 24 USSSA world series qualification which is a level above where they are playing in Nations.

Jack, why do you care?  You have nothing to do with this team.  Quit your complaining!

That is fine I have nothing else to say anyway, if a "competitive" coach doesn't want their team competing at the highest level and they can get away with it then I sure am not going to be able to change anything, but most people know what this is all about. 

Guest jackbquick

Even if people know, as you say, what this all about......who cares!!!  Nothing is going to change, especially this late in the season.

No kidding!!!!  This didn't just come up, it has been discussed alot throughout the year just that nothing was done because some are tight with the right people.  Little League politics at it's best.

I don't mean nothing is going to change regarding "politics."  I mean the teams classification is not going to change at this point in the season.  This team will be moved up next season, which starts in August.  Will that make you happy and get you to shut up?

Guest jackbquick

I don't mean nothing is going to change regarding "politics."  I mean the teams classification is not going to change at this point in the season.  This team will be moved up next season, which starts in August.  Will that make you happy and get you to shut up?

Again you don't have to get so defensive, this will be dropped by me because it is time for the real sport..... football which also starts in August. And you know shut up is such an ugly word as well as name calling. Peace "donkey"

Again you don't have to get so defensive, this will be dropped by me because it is time for the real sport..... football which also starts in August. And you know shut up is such an ugly word as well as name calling. Peace "donkey"

I'm sure you will cause trouble during the football season as well.  Donkey?  I think you have me confused with Ranger 83.

Guest Ranger83

I'm sure you will cause trouble during the football season as well.  Donkey?  I think you have me confused with Ranger 83.

I apologize that no one got the reference to a term Morgan uses a lot. It was in no way intended as an insult to anyone.

Morgan wants to win and he wants to win at the highest level. When my son played for him, we played at the Major level of USSSA and struggled. Not once did Morgan ever suggest we "drop" a level. In fact he challenged his players to get better and work harder. That was the only way you were going to succeed in high school or beyond in baseball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder