H-J VS. CLEVELAND WEEK ZERO ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The margin wasn't as big as it could have been last year. Cleveland got a whole lot better as the season went on. I disagree, WOSgrad.... margin will be bigger this year.

I believe that Cleveland faces a bit more talented and much more experienced Hawk team this year.  Talented and experienced enough to prevail?  No.  Talented and experienced enough to make a better game of it this year?  Yes.

both teams return 15 starters...

Offense/Defense

Cleaveland: 8/7

HJ: 9/6

HJ's offense will be much stronger next year.. after losing only one OT and RB who we have people to take their place.. HJ's defense will have some holes after losing some very good seniors last year but i believe we will be able to replace them and will be better than last year... i think its a much closer game.. decided by 10 or less points either way.... of course my vote has to go to HJ

HJ 20

Cleveland 16

The margin wasn't as big as it could have been last year. Cleveland got a whole lot better as the season went on. I disagree, WOSgrad.... margin will be bigger this year.

Both Teams last year in week zero made plenty of mistakes as well though. just because cleveland finished better as the season went on, doesn't mean they'll be as efficient as they were at the end of last season. However, HJ's secondary is very quick and their passing as well will be a huge threat next year.

ok everybody listen up i just got the new dave campbell book and it says the players to watch for this next year for h-j are " RB jacoby turner (5-11, 175, 4.5), QB blake venable (6-1, 185, 4.7), OL jake leger (5-11, 205, 4.8), DL trevin sechler (5-11, 230, 4.8), DB nick mccown (5-8, 150, 4.6)". thats just to give and idea. but it also says this " RB turner (136-745, 9TD's) cat-quick and. QB venable (41-91-630-8, 4 TD's passing; 93-203, 2 TD's rushing) a three year starter. OL leger ( 25 pancakes)was off to a big '08 season before being injuring his knee. powerful DL sechler, db mccown, DT anderson and LB walters (81 tackels Will make an impact on defense."  now for cleveland "LB/RB marcus mallet (6-1, 205), DE/TE cedric reed (6-6, 235), FS doug higginbotham (5-11, 170)." and "LB/RB mallet, a TCU commit, is the reigning district MVP and all-state LB. he can generate his share of offense, along with QB carrington and RB richardson. reed was all-district on both sides of the ball, and first-teamer DB higginbotham will make noise in the secondary."

maybe now you some of this info you make a better judgement.

Yeah and no coach has ever lied about speed times and sizes ever have they!

I mean for crying out loud, my best friend in high school was listed at 6'1 205 pounds and at a 4.75 in the forty. When in reality he was 5'11, maybe 6'0 in cleats and about 185-190, ran a 4.9 forty time.

Cleveland is quick from what I saw of them last year in a couple of games. I don't know much about HJ but since they lost they will be motivated since they will probably be the dog in the picks.

I say CHS 28 HJHS 14.

Guest newtoschool

Your Cleveleland basketball team thought the same thing last season when they faced the HJ Hawks hoop team in the playoffs and you Indian fans saw how that ended up!!!!! ;) ;)

lazeek are you running your mouth again this year....please go back to last years posts and read how (dum) you sounded....please dont come on here with all that crap again...

i talked to a guy who plays for cleveland and he said that their team was looking half way good but needed to improve their offinsive plays and players. then he said their deff. was looking pretty good for this next year, but still needs improvements. 

even though i go to hj and play football for them im not going to talk trash but  h-j is looking better this year with the whole entire off. returning and some extras like two lightning quick RB and 2 smash mouth FB and on top of that our center jake leger is returning with revenge. also our def. is good like realy good we only halft to replace two LB and its already done and of course our secondary is better, and our powerfull d-line is returning so i say agian they are looking realy good this year.

Oh and for the record WE WILL NOT LOSE TO BC AND COME IN FOURTH. WE WILL GO TO THE PLAYOFFS.

WES57 --- WHOA, WHOA, WHOA.... DON'T JUST HAND IT TO THEM! LOL   HOW ARE YOU AND THE FAMILY?

Everyone is doing great over here, how is everybody in your family. Sorry slimbo but I got to pick Cleveland. I do have Huffman battling it out with coldspring for second though. Best of luck to you. All the kids really liked you when you were here.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86