Early Thoughts on Realignment?

I wish Newton and Kirbyville could choose to move back up to 3A, because there is a big talent difference in teams like Newton, Kirbyville, and Daingerfield.  these teams are forced to play inferior teams for such a long stretch of the season during district and the early playoffs that I dont think they ever live up to their potential.  Just my opinion... and if no one thinks these teams could face 3A talent then they should look ten years back when it was Newton vs Daingerfield in the 3A dII title game.  

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Newton and Kirbyville could choose to move back up to 3A, because there is a big talent difference in teams like Newton, Kirbyville, and Daingerfield.  these teams are forced to play inferior teams for such a long stretch of the season during district and the early playoffs that I dont think they ever live up to their potential.  Just my opinion... and if no one thinks these teams could face 3A talent then they should look ten years back when it was Newton vs Daingerfield in the 3A dII title game.  

You can choose to play up one classification, but if you look at the teams currently in 2A a lot of those were in 3A ten years ago. Some of this is number games by UIL, some of it is truly loss in student numbers in rural areas. Newton only has one state title in 3A, the other two are in 2A plus a state title game appearance in 2A. In '98 when Newton played Daingerfield, Newton was the 5th smallest school in all of 3A, not just the playoffs.

Guest Silsbee88

How much will the numbers change? Does Kirbyville move back to 3A?

Kirbyville will move back up to 3-A because they have 452 people enrolled there now and the top number for 2-A is 429

:o

The UIL does not have any fixed enrollment numbers......they take every school in the state of Texas and rank them from highest number to lowest number of students, then they start at the top and the top 240-250 stay around (245) schools in the state are 5A, then the next approx 200 are 4A, then next approx 200 are 3A, etc.  then they take each group and put together by region to start making the districts.

So enrollment figures change.  It mostly depends on how many people are moving into our great state.  If the big schools continue to grow then the total number for the small schools can grow proportionately and remain in their current class.

I'm hearing that San Augustine and Shelbyville will drop to 1A...Here's my early predictions:

Big School:

Colmesneil

Hull-Daisetta

West Hardin

West Sabine

San Augustine or Shelbyville (the other going north)

Small School:

Evadale

Chester

High Island

Sabine Pass

Burkeville

Interesting! I just wonder how long it is until the D1 - D2 thing takes to make it into 2A and up?

I'm hearing that San Augustine and Shelbyville will drop to 1A...Here's my early predictions:

Big School:

Colmesneil

Hull-Daisetta

West Hardin

West Sabine

San Augustine or Shelbyville (the other going north)

Small School:

Evadale

Chester

High Island

Sabine Pass

Burkeville

Interesting! I just wonder how long it is until the D1 - D2 thing takes to make it into 2A and up?

It didn't take very long for it to work its way up from 6-man....probably the 2012 realignment....

They could split it up:

Dayton

Lee

Sterling

GC Memorial

BH

CE King

In the other :

Crosby

Humble

Summmer Creek

NF

Kingwoood Park

Sheldon CE King is west of the San Jacinto so it makes better sense to be grouped in with the Humble/NF group

Is WO-S gaining or losing students.

I think we remove Livingston and add WO-S, Silsbee or Jasper to the 20-4A.

Wos is and has been losing. I believe their closer to 2a than 4a

Actually WO-S is gaining in enrollment. From the start of the 09 school year they've increased by + 62 students. The number of students at the high school is at 738 (roughly). WO-S will remain in 3A.

I was talking with a high ranking person on the kirbyville staff and the number he threw at me was more like 435-440 not 452. You have to remember that kirbyville takes handicapped and resource students from buna as well so the number 452 is probably the inflated number with the buna students.

If Kirbyville moves up and Anahuac stays in 2A then I see this eight team district...........

Orangefield

WOS

Bridge City

Hardin-Jefferson

Hamshire-Fannett

Kirbyville

Jasper

Silsbee

If you are a football fan....this district would be fun to watch.

If Anahuac goes back up that will prolly leave Jasper in the district they are in now

I heard they were going to split the two 4A Beaumont teams up next year.  But I didn't know if that would happen or be possible.

That isn't going to happen. I don't see splitting the two Beaumont schools, it wouldn't make sense.

That make no sense at all.  BISD would certainly appeal a realignment the split Central and Ozen into different districts.  That would mean two different district committees and much more travel.

If Anahuac goes up, then 23-2A will just be a 6 team district

Buna

Deweyville

Hardin

Kountze

Warren

Winnie East Chambers

Would Anahuac be in the district with Hamshire, HJ, etc?

I personally think Coldspring or Shepherd should move out of 22 and, if Anahuac moved up, put them in 22 instead of 21.

Why?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder