News from the Fireworks in Colorado

Just wanted to brag on Kaitlyn Werner (My DD), she hit her first home run verses Colorado Thunder. Three run shot on a rope over a 200' fence. Hit Away had 3 practice games today. We had wins against Colorado Thunder 5-3 and Colorada Quick Silver 10-7. Had a lose against a very very impressive California Legacy 11-6. Just made too many mistakes. Either way the highs are in the low 80's and the lows are in the upper 50's.........very nice.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Pretty neat event. We played there a few years ago and played at several fields. One was in downtown Golden, another in the middle of a neighborhood, and one near the dump.  All of the complexes were real nice though. :D  SO MANY COACHES!!! The neat thing for me was watching all of the coaches waiting to talk to the girls after their team had been eliminated. If you do well there, coaches will notice.

Upper 50's......That must be nice. Enjoy the trip, hope you get to raft down a river or something in your off time. We did that and also took a trip over to Estes Park when we were there a few years ago.

Did the intermidate raffting yesterday. It was a blast. Afterwards we went into Idaho Springs and ate at Beaux Jo's pizza. Excellant food. Yesterday we had Ralf Weekly (Tennesse), LSU, and number of smaller universities staying most of the game watching our girls and asking about them. IT PAYS OFF TO GO TO THEIR CAMPS AND TO CONTACT THESE COLLEGES.

Just wanted to update. Hit Away 16U took the number one seed in our pool going 3-1 with wins against Utah Xtreme (4-1), Oregon Blaze 93' (4-2), and Oklahoma Ultimate Gold (3-0). Our loss was to the Southern Cal Pumas (1-3). Had them 6-3 late in the game but had some college coaches show wanting to see some girls play and had to change up our game plan. Ended up losing 7-6. Our first bracket game is Saturday morning 9:15 with our number 1 seed bye. One of many highlights was Jo Evans from A.M. came to one of our games, sat on our side, and stayed for the entire game. We are getting solid pitching from Molly (Ozen), Racheal (Buffalo) , and Grace (Houston). Also, we had big hits in last nights win from Bekah Flores and Kaitlyn Werner that would no doubt been H.R.'s if we had not been playing on the only 250' field. The other girls from our area; Lindsey Stevenson, Caitlyn Dykes, and Mendy Laday are all playing great softball. Great job Hit Away, we are proud of you girls.

LONGMONT THE TOURNAMENT TO BE IN FOR 16U. That just puts you in line for the Independance Tournament for 18u great job Jaiden. Not the fireworks, but Indy! 

??? The tournament to be in for 16U is the one where your getting D1 coaches coming and watching. Start your own update for the Independence Tournament.

Sorry Pirates, ur right...its a thread for Fireworks.  I'd delete it but its already been quoted.  Congrats to your DD on her first HR!

Congrats Pirates and to Kaitlyn...keep hitting the ball hard.  The Fireworks website does a great job of keeping up and providing info.  Good luck through the weekend!

Hillguy,

Good luck to you, and your daughter in the Long...oh, sorry    ;D

Sorry Pirates, ur right...its a thread for Fireworks.  I'd delete it but its already been quoted.  Congrats to your DD on her first HR!

No apology needed Hillguy. I was not responding to your post .Itz good to here Jaiden is doing a really good job. We wish her and her team all the best. Is her team Texas Eclipse Red 16U? We played them back at the Stars Over Texas.

Guest Sports Reporter

Sorry Pirates, ur right...its a thread for Fireworks.  I'd delete it but its already been quoted.  Congrats to your DD on her first HR!

No apology needed Hillguy. I was not responding to your post .Itz good to here Jaiden is doing a really good job. We wish her and her team all the best. Is her team Texas Eclipse Red 16U? We played them back at the Stars Over Texas.

Coached by Kirk Hall

hey pirate sorry to offend you and your right I should have stayed with the thread.Congrats to Kaitlyn. I am not in any tournament in Colorado this year. I just have experience with both the fireworks and the Independance. good luck to your team.

Bracket says Tx Hit Away lost to CA SD Legacy in the 11:30 Sun AM game

Didn't lose but forefited. Most of our parents didn't expect us to do as well as we did and scheduled themselves to come back home Saturday night and Sunday morning. With all the rain delays taking place we decided the chances of the tournament getting played out Sunday were very slim. We were wrong. From now on we'll schedule our departure times after the championship game. The best reference we have as to how we might have done was our game against OK Ultimate Gold which we won 3-0. They lost out in the 2nd round to Legacy. That doesn't mean anything but we are now wishing we would have stayed to see how things would have played out for us. Looking ahead it seems that the ASA 16U Nationals will have some really good teams there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder