what team in s.e. texas would you tag as the hard luck team

Currently I'd give that title to Vidor, good teams that just seem to fall a little bit short. Before two years ago Lumberton held that title IMO.

That's not hard luck, just bad teams.

I think he is looking for good teams that loose key players in critical points of the season or seem to always get shafted in the three way tie breaker or coin toss!

Currently I'd give that title to Vidor, good teams that just seem to fall a little bit short. Before two years ago Lumberton held that title IMO.

I think he is looking for good teams that loose key players in critical points of the season or seem to always get shafted in the three way tie breaker or coin toss!

You still sore about that one badndn...bout time to let that one go, you think?

You still sore about that one badndn...bout time to let that one go, you think?

Is deciding the fate of a season on a coin toss not Luck? And lossing that toss was damn hard!!!  ;D

Thus it meets the definition of Hard Luck

Seems like I remember tjat you lost MCM that year also.

You are correct bigdog...i guess it would have been more fair for Nederland to miss out that year with the same record as PNG AND a win over PNG as well...seems like PNG was on the good side of a big break a few years prior in their game with Ozen...anyone remember that...I'll bet Coach Brooks does!

Seems like I remember tjat you lost MCM that year also.

You are correct bigdog...i guess it would have been more fair for Nederland to miss out that year with the same record as PNG AND a win over PNG as well...seems like PNG was on the good side of a big break a few years prior in their game with Ozen...anyone remember that...I'll bet Coach Brooks does!

I agree if PNG takes care of its own business that year, then a coin toss don't matter. As far as the Ozen game a few years back, Nederland benefited the most from that good break. An Ozen win in that game would have left Nederland at home for the playoffs. That game for PNG was just a matter of sharing a district title or owning one outright.I remember the news clip of the Nederland people on their field following their game waiting for the outcome of the Ozen game fiasco. The field was full and there was a little praying going on. That was a funny site, Nederland praying for a PNG win. Ozen got robbed that night.

you are correct that Nederland benefitted from the PNG as well, but no one is one here saying that Nederland is a "hard luck" team...my point was that I do not consider PNG a "hard luck" team either because they lost a coin toss that would have been averted if they had taken care of their business that year with Nederland.

you are correct that Nederland benefitted from the PNG as well, but no one is one here saying that Nederland is a "hard luck" team...my point was that I do not consider PNG a "hard luck" team either because they lost a coin toss that would have been averted if they had taken care of their business that year with Nederland.

I cannot consider PNG a hard luck team either.

No one on here has said that PNG was a hard luck team. Go back through all the posts. I said BC was a hard luck team.

PNG has been on the side of good fortune enough over the years, but PNG is not the only team to have their season decide on a coin toss or a last second play at the end of the year.

My bad then badndn...I just assumed you were referring to PNG with that comment.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder