**Nederland vs Friendswood Series Updates..NED SWEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ranger83

I have updated my profile to include my new hero from Friends-hood.

Austin Fitzpatrick-Keepin' it Real!

(Was that really only his 3rd HR of the season? No wonder he did not know how to act.) ;D

phatmack, I'll try, but last night I lost the feed. I was waiting for you to post that last out. Seemed like an eternity. The wife an I were going to try and attend this game, but we both aren't feeling well. I'll give a listen. Don't know if I can do as well as you.

I actually liked the announcer for Friendswood. He was for Friendswood sure enough, but he gave us all the credit in the world and kept it interesting and even.

Fitzpatrick as the right to make any gestures say anything he wants he is the best overall athlete friendswood has and he's a way better athlete than anyone on nederland he had a chance to play baseball and football in the college level and it was all D1 offers not junior colleges he chose just to play football at North Texas he's a stud swinging a hot bat so say whatever you want but fitzpatrick play backs up what he saids!!

As wrongheaded as that post is, it may just highlight the fundamental difference between our teams, our schools, and our communities.  In the GT, we do not believe it is okay to be disrespectful just because you can "back it up."  We teach the Teddy Roosevelt mantra:  speak softly and carry a big stick.  We don't teach our kids swing first, but we teach them to do their damnedest to swing last.  Sonnier's performance lastnight exemplified what we teach our kids.  When the Friendswood dugout taunted him after he was injured fouling a ball off his shin, he stepped quietly and confidently into the box and smashed the next pitch 374 feet off the rightfield wall to drive in the go-ahead run.  You can keep your chest pounders and your kiss blowers.  Sonnier is the kind of kid that makes us proud.  

Friendswood may be happy to raise a bunch of T.O.s, but here in the GT, we are looking to raise a bunch of Tom Bradys.

Fitzpatrick may be your hero, but judging by his actions lastnight, he could never be ours.

By the way poster, what do you really know about Nederland's athletes?  You do realize that of Nederland's 9 starters lastnight, 4 were Sophomores and only 2 were

Seniors, right?  You realize that Bellow, who K'd 13 of your batters, was also the starting quarterback on Nederland's playoff football team, right?  And you do realize he is a Junior, right?  

Fitzpatrick as the right to make any gestures say anything he wants he is the best overall athlete friendswood has and he's a way better athlete than anyone on nederland he had a chance to play baseball and football in the college level and it was all D1 offers not junior colleges he chose just to play football at North Texas he's a stud swinging a hot bat so say whatever you want but fitzpatrick play backs up what he saids!!

As wrongheaded as that post is, it may just highlight the fundamental difference between our teams, our schools, and our communities.  In the GT, we do not believe it is okay to be disrespectful just because you can "back it up."  We teach the Teddy Roosevelt mantra:  speak softly and carry a big stick.  We don't teach our kids swing first, but we teach them to do their damnedest to swing last.  Sonnier's performance lastnight exemplified what we teach our kids.  When the Friendswood dugout taunted him after he was injured fouling a ball off his shin, he stepped quietly and confidently into the box and smashed the next pitch 374 feet off the rightfield wall to drive in the go-ahead run.  You can keep your chest pounders and your kiss blowers.  Sonnier is the kind of kid that makes us proud.  

Friendswood may be happy to raise a bunch of T.O.s, but here in the GT, we are looking to raise a bunch of Tom Bradys.

Fitzpatrick may be your hero, but judging by his actions lastnight, he could never be ours.

By the way poster, what do you really know about Nederland's athletes?  You do realize that of Nederland's 9 starters lastnight, 4 were Sophomores and only 2 were

Seniors, right?  You realize that Bellow, who K'd 13 of your batters, was also the starting quarterback on Nederland's playoff football team, right?  And you do realize he is a Junior, right?  

well done.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476