8 & Under LL Tourney

Lumberton is once again hosting their 8 & Under LL Tourney. Start date is sometime around June 1st depending on how many teams enter. This will be a LL tourney not select, however any local league can bring as many teams as they would like to enter. It will be a Kid Pitch (from 42 feet) tourney. We will follow the Minor league tourney rules out of the green book except were otherwise noted. Please contact Tod at 658-1230 or Jason at 658-4465 or Anderea at 351-4466 for any more info. Thanks

Since our league don't have an 8U all stars, our dads put together a team, but we're playing in a tourney in BMT on 6/20. I wish we could've played in ya'lls tourney, but they only want to play in one and that was the weekend everyone was free. Good luck to all of the teams

Saw some great kids tonight! Lumberton beat Spindletop Jasper beat Amelia  Lumberton plays West End and Jasper plays Silsbee tomorrow.

I hear that the Lumberton coaches are talking about putting a 8&U team together for the fall and beyond!

Guest kf89

nll beat vll 19-0. groves beat b.c. 8-7. seward for groves had a clutch hit with 2 outs & 2 strikes that went for a triple to drive the winning run from third.

It will be between NLL and GNLL

does this 8 and under tournament go by the the age guidelines in the little league green book? i'm gonna have to catch one of these games to see the little ones pitch from 46' i'm sure it will be a fun game to watch

Yea, they are at 46'. We played the first half from 43' to let them get used to the distance and then backed them to 46' the secind half. You would be suprised to see how well they do!!

do the ages go by what age they are at 04/30/09 like in the regular season? is it only 8 yr olds or are there some 7's too? where do yall play next and when?

I was there and have to agree that both Groves and BC have very talented players. The game was a good one. However, I do believe that blue made some horrible calls behind the plate that affected the outcome of the game. It is a shame when you have talented players that are held back by (what seemed to be) inexperienced umpires and some pretty terrible coaching by BC's coaches.

AS far as the LUMBERTON tourney West End is the only undefeated team left. Silsbee beat Lumberton tonight to knock the host team out. Jasper lost to W.E. and now plays Silsbee on Monday with the winner playing West End on Tuesday. There has been some good ball players on  the field this week. Good luck to the 3 teams left.

AS far as the LUMBERTON tourney West End is the only undefeated team left. Silsbee beat Lumberton tonight to knock the host team out. Jasper lost to W.E. and now plays Silsbee on Monday with the winner playing West End on Tuesday. There has been some good ball players on  the field this week. Good luck to the 3 teams left.

Silsbee lost to Jasper. Had a 4-1 lead and lost 6-4. I heard that Jasper had to forfit the game with West End Tuesday b/c of an illegal pitcher. Any body know if this is true.

To answer your question. yes and NO. Jasper did use a pitcher that threw to many pitches.  When the W. E. coach was asked if he wanted to protest the game he chose  not to. He stated that he wanted his boys to win or lose on the field. Hats off to him. Congrats W. E. for winning the tourney and to jasper for being the runner-up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder