Best Team in the 4A Region Boys Next Year?

Let me respond to Skippy about whether or not i can coach. I take pride in my work and do the absolute best that i can do. I played soccer growing up and played on state championship team when i was U12 (its hard to rember that far back). Soccer was always my first love but football paid the way for me to get an education. I am not as knowledgable in soccer as Coach Bledsoe is or Coach Lane is or any of the coaches that have been at this a long time and I will easily admit that. I am however, passionate hard working and addicted to success so I study the game and learn from the coaches I compete against as well as clinics etc..... To quote you, "  I guess since this is Coach L's first Senior class we will find out for sure if he can really coach or if he chokes with his first graduating group". i guess a 54-14-5 record over three years and 3 consecutive district championships, 1 area championship and 2 area finalist is not enough proof. All for a guy who has only coached it for 3 years.

Since you know who I am and what I do, may i ask what you do and who you are. Bledso said it best. There is nothing more pitiful than a coward who hides behind a screen name and attacks another man.  Once again, if it's so easy:  Get certified.  Get a coaching job.  Win state

Woof Woof, go get 'em Coach, man I remember when you were playing  football. If your schedule isn't already set, I think it'd be really good experience for you to put the team in the Kingwood Park tournament. Personally, I'd love to see L-Town put a little stomping on FW. ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! What can I say?

I guess since this is Coach L's first Senior class we will find out for sure if he can really coach or if he chokes with his first graduating group. As for Bon Mon who knows what he has up his sleeve? Hopefully he can find a replacement for "Landry" who was his whole team practically.

To be honest guys I just don't see you getting very far because when it comes to true competition you are just outnumbered by the Houston Area.

not sure a team can win district and go to the second round with one player that is the "whole" team. i saw them play vidor twice, kp twice, and ozen, landry was a LEADER. and a great soccer player.. but it takes more than one... i only saw a few games though, so i could be wrong

• 2 weeks later...

"Skippy must be the Vidor fan who yells the whole game. Glorified little league soccer coach who took his kids team to a league title and watchs some soccer on TV. I salute you drunken coach patato who thinks hes a coach"

What is a coach potato? Just sayin...I think as far as this arguement goes...we'll just have to wait and see. As told by the USMNT in the Confed Cup, any team with talented players can win in any given game.  I think Lumberton has a good team with Scott and Caleb, but lack a true goal scorer with experience.  Vidor has a legitimate team, but they also have a new coach and will need to adjust. Their back line is as solid as any other in the area, and they will have Pittman back in goal who I feel could have challenged Schexneider for keeper of the year last year had he not gotten hurt. On another point, unless they have someone step up as their midfield maestro, they could get lost in the mix. Nederland is always good, but I just feel like they lost too much with their senior class last year. They need some new guys to really step up.  Their coaching staff always has them put together in time for district play. I think all of these teams make it into the playoffs, but those Houston teams are rough.  Good luck to all! You'lll need it in the playoffs!!

PS- I can't believe that grown men would act this way over sports. I understand that you are passionate about this, but there is no reason to call anyone out or bash anyone. All of these kids put in countless hours of work,  and don't deserve to have their coaches and parents bicker over pointless junk. No offense meant by this.  I'm just stating my opinion of what is happening.

• 2 months later...

I definately think that Nederland has the talent to make deep into the playoffs this year.  I'm gonna be rooting for H-F this year.  This is their first year of varsity soccer and I do believe they will shake up their district.  They have several good seniors and great shooters.  I guarrantee that they will shock many people this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me respond to Skippy about whether or not i can coach. I take pride in my work and do the absolute best that i can do. I played soccer growing up and played on state championship team when i was U12 (its hard to rember that far back). Soccer was always my first love but football paid the way for me to get an education. I am not as knowledgable in soccer as Coach Bledsoe is or Coach Lane is or any of the coaches that have been at this a long time and I will easily admit that. I am however, passionate hard working and addicted to success so I study the game and learn from the coaches I compete against as well as clinics etc..... To quote you, "  I guess since this is Coach L's first Senior class we will find out for sure if he can really coach or if he chokes with his first graduating group". i guess a 54-14-5 record over three years and 3 consecutive district championships, 1 area championship and 2 area finalist is not enough proof. All for a guy who has only coached it for 3 years.

Since you know who I am and what I do, may i ask what you do and who you are. Bledso said it best. There is nothing more pitiful than a coward who hides behind a screen name and attacks another man.  Once again, if it's so easy:  Get certified.  Get a coaching job.  Win state

New to thread -- late lover of soccer (introduced 3 years ago when daughter decided to start a team starting with a uniform design)...love the game.  My question for CoachL -- tell us more about your youth -- ratio of soccer v. football.  I am interested to know how you balanced it and at what age did you start playing football (appears you were playing soccer at a young age).

I am from Vidor (but do not know the poster).  I hear the new coach is great but I am sad to lose Rui. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder