Which Program under its new Head Coach will achieve the most success this season

I can't say we will be better than any of the other teams with new coaches, but after watching some of our practices I can guarantee we will be a very much improved team.Coach Faircloth and his staff are the real deal.The difference in the kids is very visible.

I will second that. The improvement is very obvious. Mentally and Physically. The kids feed off of the energy that the coaching staff bring. It has been fun to watch them all work. We will see how it translates in the fall.

I'm hearing and seeing so many positive things at The Reservation now.  I like the idea that Coach Faircloth is building the "complete" program.  Looking forward to Week 0!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Faircloth is the real deal, he said he wanted to build a program and he is hes training our STJFL coaches to run his program now so when they get up to Jr high and HS they know the program.

want to talk about a hard nose you cannot play for his team if you have a C, in any class, stated he not only wanted to make football players but good citizens as well

Coach Faircloth is the real deal, he said he wanted to build a program and he is hes training our STJFL coaches to run his program now so when they get up to Jr high and HS they know the program.

want to talk about a hard nose you cannot play for his team if you have a C, in any class, stated he not only wanted to make football players but good citizens as well

WOW, this is GREAT!  Man, the NDN's are on FIRE this year!  Can't wait!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

This is great. However, if a kid cannot play for his team if he makes a C then the Indians might loose some quality players. I am all for greater education but if a kid cannot risk making a C then he might not take Chemistry or some other course he would like to take but won't because of the fact that a C would side line him. JMO

I always go with the best starting QB.  And from what I see at 7 on 7, PNG has by far the best starting qb of Ozen, Central, and PNG.  Not sure about LCM, as I have not seen them yet.  Also, any secondary is going to be hard pressed to stop Spencer Dereon (maybe misspelled) in the secondary.  IMO, he is the best receiver to be at PNG that I can remember watching (and I graduated in 93).

This is great. However, if a kid cannot play for his team if he makes a C then the Indians might loose some quality players. I am all for greater education but if a kid cannot risk making a C then he might not take Chemistry or some other course he would like to take but won't because of the fact that a C would side line him. JMO

More power to him. If he has high expectations for his team, they will follow.

I hope that LC-M has a good season because they got a good coach in Coach Crouch.  It's time and with Crouch being around Coach T...some work ethic can/should be enhanced. 

PN-G needs to have a good team because they have that re-done stadium.  They need to live up to the stadium because it is NICE! 

• 3 weeks later...

My son is an incoming freshman at PNG. He told me that coach Faircloth wants the men to maintain a minimum of a C average. Don't know specifics,  I'm sure that in the next few weeks his policies for the players will be revealed more. I also would find it hard to believe that anyone with a C or less would not be allowed to play. Now if a player carried a F he wouldn't be allowed to play. I think the cut off has been a D. But new coach so therefore new policy !  As far as being a better citizen, I know he is going to expect all players to have respect for themselves and others and the programs they play in. I heard he will have a dress code for the players and how they act and present themselves in school. I'm all for a more hard nose approach and believe it will instill more discipline and respect in the entire athletic dept. Set the standard higher and everyone who wants it will reach that higher level.

I'd put money on central. PNG may have the best coach I don't think any of us know at this point but they don't have anywhere near the caliber of athletes.

I don't think so. Face it we have the most room for improvement with a top notch coach and some good athletes.We will have IMO two of the top four receivers in the district. It will come down to Faircloth developing our QB, which he has a track record of doing.Not to mention Brennan Doty is very talented athlete. I think the advantage for "improvement" is in our favor.Who will be the most successful... who knows?

My son is an incoming freshman at PNG. He told me that coach Faircloth wants the men to maintain a minimum of a C average. Don't know specifics,  I'm sure that in the next few weeks his policies for the players will be revealed more. I also would find it hard to believe that anyone with a C or less would not be allowed to play. Now if a player carried a F he wouldn't be allowed to play. I think the cut off has been a D. But new coach so therefore new policy !  As far as being a better citizen, I know he is going to expect all players to have respect for themselves and others and the programs they play in. I heard he will have a dress code for the players and how they act and present themselves in school. I'm all for a more hard nose approach and believe it will instill more discipline and respect in the entire athletic dept. Set the standard higher and everyone who wants it will reach that higher level.

It's nice to see a community accepting an AD with high standards. I remember seeing comments on here from the H-F community bashing their AD when he came in for his standards. I'm not sure exactly what they were but they couldn't be more strict than this. Students and athletes will meet the bar wherever you set it.

you guys don't get it png is crisp VERY CRISP thats all but have you seen thoses guys they either short like a 1st grader or tall and very skinny(just the skill guys)so when it come down to laying the hit  they cant do that and when it come down to being hit they are crushed  the biggest player i have seen was the tailback so wit the coach or not it will be a tough year.......and ozen they have great players real good players but NO QB..........LCM IS JUST NOT A FOOTBALL SCHOOL POINT BLANK ......... SO i put my money on central ;D ;D ;D ;D

you guys don't get it png is crisp VERY CRISP thats all but have you seen thoses guys they either short like a 1st grader or tall and very skinny(just the skill guys)so when it come down to laying the hit  they cant do that and when it come down to being hit they are crushed  the biggest player i have seen was the tailback so wit the coach or not it will be a tough year.......and ozen they have great players real good players but NO QB..........LCM IS JUST NOT A FOOTBALL SCHOOL POINT BLANK ......... SO i put my money on central ;D ;D ;D ;D

I know DeRon is around 6'4" and around 190-200 lbs. Thats pretty thick for a reciever. Also the running backs are pushing 180 + !  Remember Juaquez Rogers from Lamar consolidated ?  He was like 5'7" tall and around 170lbs. That kid could run and hit !  He is now the starting RB for Oregon !  I also suggest you go and watch PNG's spring game again. The boys on both sides of the ball were laying down some serious hits !  If you were there you would know that ! You could hear the pops in the stands. Also in a offense like PNG's you don't always have to have super size in those skill positions either. The qb is throwing mostly to the most open reciever and the RB is behind PNG's huge O line ! Only time willl tell, but I think you may not be seeing what you think you are seeing in PNG !

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder