Which Program under its new Head Coach will achieve the most success this season

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to say PNG, but it may take a year.

In all reality, Central should be tough. They are the ony school on that list that did not replace it's coach due to a poor season. And they replaced Stowers with someone on his staff so there should be no real surprises.

This one is easy, PNG.

Nederland had success the first year they abandoned their old offense. PNG will adjust to have success the same way. I don't put a lot of stock in saying it takes a year to get a program going. Most players are two year starters, with good coaching, give them a spring, summer and fall and they got it down. PNG will be most improved team next year.

PNG most definitely.  Coach Faircloth has come in and turned things around.  I like the idea that he is building a "complete" program now.  Been a loooonnnngggg time since I've seen this much excitement at The Reservation!  ;D

This one is easy, PNG.

Nederland had success the first year they abandoned their old offense. PNG will adjust to have success the same way. I don't put a lot of stock in saying it takes a year to get a program going. Most players are two year starters, with good coaching, give them a spring, summer and fall and they got it down. PNG will be most improved team next year.

I totally agree.

I think coaches do make an impact.  But It all boils down to who has the best talent.  Out of these four, does PN-G have the best talent?  If Ozen had 22 college bound starters, I don't think the other new coaches would matter at that point.  Just my opinion.

PNG, Ozen, Central, and LCM all have new Head Coaches. With 4 playoffs spots up for grab which team will go the furthest!!!

I think coaches do make an impact.  But It all boils down to who has the best talent.  Out of these four, does PN-G have the best talent?  If Ozen had 22 college bound starters, I don't think the other new coaches would matter at that point.  Just my opinion.

PNG, Ozen, Central, and LCM all have new Head Coaches. With 4 playoffs spots up for grab which team will go the furthest!!!

Point well taken. The ndns have no athelets. 4.7/4.8 Won't cut it at the skill positions.

I'll go out on a limb and say Ozen, because, all Ozen has needed for the past three years is a strong head coach to provide leadership and discipline to the team.  I have seen a difference in the players and staff already at the spring practices and this has made me hopeful for the next season.

This falls in line with what I also said about a coach making an impact.  Ozen's problem has been their coaching.  Good coaching can make a decent team look great.  But bad coaching can make a good team look bad.  Also, I wasn't saying Ozen had all this talent.  I just used them as an example.  I don't know what all four schools have talent wise.

Ozen has the athletes no doubt but what is Ozen's record against PNG with those far superior athletes? It takes more than athletes. You have to have heart.

Guest ECBucFan

Heart comes from more than a coach. It comes from many different places including coaches. For all you people in Beaumont that think athletes wins games please keep thinking that.

Athletes DO win games (to some degree) especially in the lower classifications. The effect is somewhat muted as size & depth increases. A 4A or 5A team ought to have somebody with at least adequate skills to fill in each position.   

Which team will show the most improvement from last year?

Ozen or PN-G. I don't think LC-M is really going to get underway for a few years, and Central doesn't really need to improve. Look how far they went in the playoffs last year, and they replaced their HC with someone on their staff. Central won't improve much, but they will be a good team.

Which of these four will come out on top?

Central or PN-G, and, as much as I hate to say it, I'm leaning towards Central. They had a great team last year, whereas PN-G had a terrible season. Now, does PN-G have the talent to pull it off? Yes. It's just a matter of how quickly we can adapt to the new coaching style. You never know, though. We could do what Mr. Mosley says Nederland did and come on real strong. Those West Texas coaches have brought things to a whole new level for our players, that's a fact, and I'm looking forward to a greatly improved, district-winning PN-G by the end of Coach Faircloth's second season.

The question was not most improved, but who will achieve the most success? Most would measure HS football success on playoff rounds. I still say then that Central has the best shot at going a few rounds deep. PNG will have quite a few new people in pivotal positions, especially QB (which under Faircloth is very important) and without any varsity experience I think it will take while to get it going. I expect PNG to improve through the year as they get experience at the QB spot and be tough at the end of district, but it may be too late to make the playoffs.

Ders alo of Talk going on with P.N.G..and im actualy excited for the,..buh..Central..ever since that loss..they have had the sights set on State,,,even with the Departures..i J ust see Wash coming In and Finishin what stowers Begin..

P.N.G..I think we can say play-offs..and i hope they go deep..Cant wait to play them guys again..Who knows..May deiced District

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• Whatever happened to educating people so that they don’t go off the deep end pursuing an incident that shouldn’t be political in the first place? Seems everyone is looking for their “trigger”moment. The dumbing down of America has taken its toll. Anyone who would hold this against her is doing so out of spite and for political gain. Said people need to be ignored.
    • You won’t get an argument from me that this won’t hurt her nationally but I don’t think this will hurt her in SD or even an appointment in a Republican administration.  I’m sure she saw backlash from some, apparently not from folks like you and me, which is significant, but like I said, I appreciate the honesty.
    • Appreciate the confidence.  Why don’t we see how this works out for her.  Going great so far.  She MIGHT be able to get re-elected in South Dakota next election, but if a good candidate runs against her in the Republican primaries she may be in trouble.  I don’t think there’s a chance in hades she gets the VP nomination, and if for some reason Trump is dumb enough to give it to her, his chances of winning are probably over.  On a positive note, maybe DeSantis gets it now?  If they win and do a decent job then we’d have a VP ready to run for president in four years with a good shot of winning.  
    • I honestly don’t have an issue with it.  I grew up around livestock.  We had a neighbor lose nearly 30 animals in a 3-week period before they caught the dogs doing it. Those dogs needed to die.  I was there when my uncle killed a dog that was eating his chickens… didn’t bother me. If one of my dogs ever bites one of my kids it’ll be dead.  Immediately.  But some things are better left unsaid, and probably 90% of the country loves dogs, with only a small fraction of them being able to relate to why she did what she did.  
    • If only she was as politically savvy as you. 🙂
  • Topics