The best Defense in 20-4a In 09?

No they Werent..Central Waz

The stats say otherwise...

yalls defense was nowhere close to central you could throw the ball on lumberton all night....if lumberton played in a district that wasnt full of run 1st teams they would get killed year in and year out like they did two years ago

Then why didnt Ozen and every other team "Throw on Lumberton all night". Look at the stats, You are wrong. You arent very smart.

because most of the coaches in our district are run 1st districts......but for example when they played a team like crosby who was pass first you seen what happened....in the second half against ozen they decided to throw the ball and they came storming back

Geez OF, I think Kirby Bellow would even argue with your statement. I mean he was the most prolific passer in the district, and yet the L-Town defense shut him down. Yeah Crosby beat us, but it was as much their QB's running ability as anything. In fast, here are the passing and rushing stats for each team Lumberton played and you might notice, L-Town did a pretty decent job shutting down those tteams who had good passing records. You'll notice that 5 of the 10 teams L-town played passed for over 1000 yards and of those, two of them, including your own were actually pretty balanced in the r/p department. Oh and your "came storming back" consisted of ONE touchdown each for Ozen in the 3rd quarter and the 4th quarter, way to go stormin' Norman.

HF - Total Yards-1552 r-982 p-570

r - 28/86

p - 13/21-88

Barbers Hill - Total Yards-2781 r-1129 p-1652

r - 26/106

p - 10/27-76

Livingston - Total Yards-3042 r-2639 p-403

r - 26/138

p - 2/14-(-4)

Vidor - only regular season loss - Total Yards-2757 r-2433 p-324

r - 38/218

p - 4/8-94

Central - Total Yards-3573 r-2642 p-931

r - 30/127

p - 4/11-29

Ozen - Total Yards-2376 r-1237 p-1139

r - 24/91

p - 10/23-173

PNG - Total Yards-2518 r-1495 p=1023

r - 23/55

p - 8/20-138

LCM - Total Yards-1168 r-698 p-470

r - 26/40

p - 10/18-102

Nederland - Total Yards-3692 r-1891 p-1801

r - 30/182

p - 10/27-121

Playoff

Crosby - Total Yards-3693 r-2076 p-1617

r - 28/124

p - 11/19-168

Lumberton Year end stats

Total Yards-3134 r-2583 p-551

you must be looking for stats in all the wrong places, one reciver from LCM( Daniel Harrison) had almost a 100 yards by himself

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Lumberton played their backups for 3 quarters against LCM.  Ozensfinest just hates everyone from Lumberton so dont let him get you all wound up

OFinest is just mad that Ozen didn't have the best D and nobody is talking about them. Just typical Hatin...

Central had a very good D but they had the 2nd best D. Just look how Lumberton completely shut down Livingston when no one else could all year long and Nederlands high flying offense and passing game...shut down. The D was dominate for most of the year. 2009 remains to be seen.

Lumberton played their backups for 3 quarters against LCM.  Ozensfinest just hates everyone from Lumberton so dont let him get you all wound up

im not taking sides or anything they do have a good D but the ststa arent right. Get them straight before you post it.

And the only person they didnt start was Anthony Beard, yes he is a big part of their D but He was the only one who didnt start

Hanna didnt start but he did get a few carries. had 9 for 90 and didnt play defense and most of the starters were out by mid way threw the 2nd qtr. But I didnt post the stats and never said they were right.

OFinest is just mad that Ozen didn't have the best D and nobody is talking about them. Just typical Hatin...

Central had a very good D but they had the 2nd best D. Just look how Lumberton completely shut down Livingston when no one else could all year long and Nederlands high flying offense and passing game...shut down. The D was dominate for most of the year. 2009 remains to be seen.

Central did shut down Nederland an held Ozen to under 100 yrds..Livingston They held in check til the sencond half Cause They Lost focus.Also Holden a play-off calibure Team to 0 points..(NF 21-0)..So If you call Lumberton Shutdown then So is Central

yalls defense was nowhere close to central you could throw the ball on lumberton all night....if lumberton played in a district that wasnt full of run 1st teams they would get killed year in and year out like they did two years ago

This is true even LCm had close two 250 yards passing against lumberton

Nike, you obviously didn't look at my previous post with the game stats, LCM had 102 yards of passing against L-Town.

Then why didnt Ozen and every other team "Throw on Lumberton all night". Look at the stats, You are wrong. You arent very smart.

because most of the coaches in our district are run 1st districts......but for example when they played a team like crosby who was pass first you seen what happened....in the second half against ozen they decided to throw the ball and they came storming back

Geez OF, I think Kirby Bellow would even argue with your statement. I mean he was the most prolific passer in the district, and yet the L-Town defense shut him down. Yeah Crosby beat us, but it was as much their QB's running ability as anything. In fast, here are the passing and rushing stats for each team Lumberton played and you might notice, L-Town did a pretty decent job shutting down those tteams who had good passing records. You'll notice that 5 of the 10 teams L-town played passed for over 1000 yards and of those, two of them, including your own were actually pretty balanced in the r/p department. Oh and your "came storming back" consisted of ONE touchdown each for Ozen in the 3rd quarter and the 4th quarter, way to go stormin' Norman.

r - 28/86

p - 13/21-88

r - 26/106

p - 10/27-76

r - 26/138

p - 2/14-(-4)

r - 38/218

p - 4/8-94

r - 30/127

p - 4/11-29

r - 24/91

p - 10/23-173

r - 23/55

p - 8/20-138

r - 26/40

p - 10/18-102

r - 30/182

p - 10/27-121

Playoff

r - 28/124

p - 11/19-168

Lumberton Year end stats

you must be looking for stats in all the wrong places, one reciver from LCM( Daniel Harrison) had almost a 100 yards by himself

My stats came from Iprep.com, where are you getting yours from? Put your money where your mouth is on this one.

r - 28/86

p - 13/21-88

r - 26/106

p - 10/27-76

r - 26/138

p - 2/14-(-4)

r - 38/218

p - 4/8-94

r - 30/127

p - 4/11-29

r - 24/91

p - 10/23-173

r - 23/55

p - 8/20-138

r - 26/40

p - 10/18-102

r - 30/182

p - 10/27-121

Playoff

r - 28/124

p - 11/19-168

Lumberton Year end stats

My stats came from Iprep.com, where are you getting yours from? Put your money where your mouth is on this one.

If you go to beaumont enterprise, you are right it says hunter gonzales went 10-18 with 107 yds. But, if you look at the recievers and you add all of their yards together it says they have a total of 210 Yards. You were right it did say 107 but you didnt look into it with detail. So 210 yards is the final stats.....

I really liked wuh i saw Today at Central..Defense looked as Aggresive an fast as ive seen all spring...With Track over All the predicted starters were out..And i Doubt if the Offense scored 1td...From what i saw they had one good play to get to mid field..other than that thy never moved...They looked real good like the 09 D hadent gone N e were..

Cnt wait til Spring Game on the 28th

r - 28/86

p - 13/21-88

r - 26/106

p - 10/27-76

r - 26/138

p - 2/14-(-4)

r - 38/218

p - 4/8-94

r - 30/127

p - 4/11-29

r - 24/91

p - 10/23-173

r - 23/55

p - 8/20-138

r - 26/40

p - 10/18-102

r - 30/182

p - 10/27-121

Playoff

r - 28/124

p - 11/19-168

Lumberton Year end stats

If you go to beaumont enterprise, you are right it says hunter gonzales went 10-18 with 107 yds. But, if you look at the recievers and you add all of their yards together it says they have a total of 210 Yards. You were right it did say 107 but you didnt look into it with detail. So 210 yards is the final stats.....

I see what you are talking about, unfortunately I can't find where to verify which figures are right since L-Towns athletics website lists the total yardage for each team, which doesn't add up for LCM. A search of LCM's website only shows the football site as under construction.

I really liked wuh i saw Today at Central..Defense looked as Aggresive an fast as ive seen all spring...With Track over All the predicted starters were out..And i Doubt if the Offense scored 1td...From what i saw they had one good play to get to mid field..other than that thy never moved...They looked real good like the 09 D hadent gone N e were..

Cnt wait til Spring Game on the 28th

;D

Vidors defense will be weak ! as usual

man ur always talkin bad about vidor but they beat yall last year.

so grow some and say what u really wanna say. "they will be good this year"

Actually from what I saw, the Vidor D although decent was about the same as the other decent teams in ability, i.e. Central, PNG. Where I thought Vidor really shined against Lumberton was the fact that when they came out in the second half, the offense played with a tremendous amount of energy, almost like another team had shown up, they just basically ran over us.

in reference to the whole mystery amount of yards oassing that LCM had...

in my opinion, or more popularly used on the interweb, IMO, screw how many yards they gave up. i don't get on the computer much so i don't personally care fdor the nitpicky stats like that

what i do care about is W's and L's...

Lumberton got the win, so any small victory that anyone is trying to gain by claiming that lcm had almost 250 yards passing... congratulations... they lost.

must feel good.

Great Defenses WIN GAMES because they hold their opponents to a fewer amount of points than their offense scores.

trust me lumberton could have given up 251 passing yards but i probably would't have won them the game...

The best defense in 2009 will be the team that doesn't give up any L's

With what i saw Yesturday..Centrals Defense will Not be giveing up much Points this year..

I waz Very Worried at the start of The Spring..Buh all those Doubts Have Left with The Performance I seen..If they Can just Learn To Control Their anger n emotions..Theres no excueses why they shudent Be one of the Baddest Defenses in the State

• 2 weeks later...

Where Vidor stands out is there offense. Their coaches preach that their best defense is their offense which in all actuality is true because if ones offense stays on the field then the opposing offense is left sitting on the bench. Back to the main topic of this thread now. I believe Vidor will have an extraordinary defense this year, now to the say the best that is yet to be determined, but I have faith that Coach Eskue will have the D line big and DB's ready.

With what i saw Yesturday..Centrals Defense will Not be giveing up much Points this year..

I waz Very Worried at the start of The Spring..Buh all those Doubts Have Left with The Performance I seen..If they Can just Learn To Control Their anger n emotions..Theres no excueses why they shudent Be one of the Baddest Defenses in the State

I agree, but controlling emotions will be the key.

Yea..we dont want wuh happen last year to happen this year...Emotions got in the way last Year..(P.N.G and Central)

I hope we never see something that stupid again. I would hate to see the consequenses of something like that with the coach we have now. He won't put up with that type behavior from our boys.

Yea..we dont want wuh happen last year to happen this year...Emotions got in the way last Year..(P.N.G and Central)

I hope we never see something that stupid again. I would hate to see the consequenses of something like that with the coach we have now. He won't put up with that type behavior from our boys.

Both teams have new coaches and I'm sure both of them will keep on top of things at the game. Neither coach wants to see something like that again this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder