Lcm

Bear70

This is actually a very good question. Few teams in Texas lost as much talent as has LCM due to graduation. The '06 edition of the Bears was one of the most talent-laden teams this area has put out.

They do return starting C Jake Rowell, a legitimate middle of the order hitter but the rest of this team is a question mark.

This entire district could become very competitive. Nederland returns the most quality varsity starters, although losing an ace like Matison Smith leaves a big gap. PNG, like LCM, loses a lot of talent including their top 4 pitchers. Flores returns, as does starters Carnahan and Hearn but losing a rotation of Harwood, Powell, Mire and McInnis is tough to replace. I keep thinking Ozen is a team on the verge on making a run in this district, same with Vidor. Lumberton will probably remain the same players/parents vs. coach they have traditionally been and Central, quite frankly, doesn't have enough talent 1-9 to compete.

I really don't know how everyone's JV squads did last year so that will obviously have an impact, especially at LCM and PNG.

LCM did lose a lot of quality players, but I think there were some very good players, who didn't get a chance to play simply because there was no room. The big question will be pitching depth. I am certain they will be able to put a couple of quality pitchers out there. There just might not be the quality depth that we are used to.

• 3 weeks later...

LCM might surprise some...Griff has some kids who didn't come up the select ball route or the OYB route. There's a couple of left handers that haven't been seen throughout the Golden Triangle off season teams, so look for some different looks...Briseno and Maldonado. No, Griff didn't go to Mexico for these boys...they are Mauriceville and LCE/LCI/LCJH products, just that they went through the Little League system versus the OYB or Select system.

funny, I don't see forum moderator under your name, so I think I will continue to post...

yep, I am a dad, but I was also a coach...in my post, I never was complaining that my son wasn't going to play, just that everyone hasn't seen everything yet. Griff has a good stable of kids to choose from, so I don't think there is any bad blood out there...most of us parents know each other, and we respect each others kids...so I don't think that there is any problem among us...Griff will pick the best kids, the kids with both talent, and the will and desire to use it as a team...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lcm is very good with are baseball but i do no enjoy it here coach griff never really gave me the chance i rember freshman year he said sinlgeton sit down along with skinner and bufford. We dident have to try out to make the team. But after that alot went down hill i could barley lift my arm up it hurt so bad. I told Griff my problems but really it seemed as if he dident care for me as he did when i was good, so i had no coice but to quit his team its all politics here and i cant wait to step on the mound for Bc once again. He also said it wasint just cause of my arm that i was full of talent and had good things to come but that i needed to work a little harder in school. I admit i do need to work harder. But im very dissapointed in Lcms Program i have had to miss out these last 2 seasons so i hope i can rebuild at bc and become something Great. John Singleton

Sorry to hear about your problems and I wish you luck, but coaches cannot win over 300 games by playing politics. I know to many stories of Griff doing things for kids,regardless of their baseball ability to ever think he would not care about a kid. Looking back and blaming others will only hurt you,you have a fresh start forget everything else and work hard and make the most of it. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jbseballfan

Griff might have them ready to play, but only having one returning senior with experience, LCM is in for a long year. Sophmores very seldom compete with seniors.

Right....because you guys did SO well last year.  Please.  He's been deep into the playoffs for years now.  Show some respect.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder