Best SETX Running Back since 2000, give me stats

Guest EagleFan01

I know he played 2A ball and that is what you folks will say but what about Toddrick Pendleton played in back to back state title games, his Junior year had 2250 yards rushing and over 400 yards recieving. He had 1900 his senior year with 425 yards recieving on his way to leading the eagles to a undefeated season and a state title.

I dont have the stats on the other two, but there aren't many better than Christie Michaels. His stats speak for themselves: 3925 yards rushing in three seasons, 7.9 yards a carry and 74 TD's. Michaels also had 550 yards receiving over three seasons with 11.2 yards per catch and 6 TD's. TOTAL....4475 yards of production, and 80 TD's. Michaels is the best.

I agree...Not many better than C. Michaels, but J. Charles. Jamaal had 4105 yards rushing and 52 TD's in two years. 2051 yds his Jr. year and then 2054 yrds his Sr. year (in just 9 games). I don't have his receiving stats or his Sophomore season stats.

In his first game back from shoulder surgery, posted 371 yards on 49 carries against Midland Lee in 2004 ... Had 400 yards on 31 carries and six TDs versus Spring Westfield. Great numbers against great competition.

Point made, badndn. However, Michaels achieved those numbers while sharing the backfield with other good backs like Albert Williams, Jordan Garrett, Jeremy Cooper, ect. If he had been the only back playing, I'm quite sure his numbers would have been as good as, or better than Charles'. As it was, Jamal was the feature back when he was in HS, and subsequently got all the carries, while Michaels was sharing the RB duties.

If you have to share duties that means your not good enough to have that job. J.Charles was the man he would have taken Williams and Michael's job, making him da man @ wb. No receiving yards but he was a kick returner, and at the mid point of the season they stop kicking it deep, so those yards should go to him. J. Charles was the man. 

I dont have the stats on the other two, but there aren't many better than Christie Michaels. His stats speak for themselves: 3925 yards rushing in three seasons, 7.9 yards a carry and 74 TD's. Michaels also had 550 yards receiving over three seasons with 11.2 yards per catch and 6 TD's. TOTAL....4475 yards of production, and 80 TD's. Michaels is the best.

I agree...Not many better than C. Michaels, but J. Charles. Jamaal had 4105 yards rushing and 52 TD's in two years. 2051 yds his Jr. year and then 2054 yrds his Sr. year (in just 9 games). I don't have his receiving stats or his Sophomore season stats.

In his first game back from shoulder surgery, posted 371 yards on 49 carries against Midland Lee in 2004 ... Had 400 yards on 31 carries and six TDs versus Spring Westfield. Great numbers against great competition.

Point made, badndn. However, Michaels achieved those numbers while sharing the backfield with other good backs like Albert Williams, Jordan Garrett, Jeremy Cooper, ect. If he had been the only back playing, I'm quite sure his numbers would have been as good as, or better than Charles'. As it was, Jamal was the feature back when he was in HS, and subsequently got all the carries, while Michaels was sharing the RB duties.

If you have to share duties that means your not good enough to have that job. J.Charles was the man he would have taken Williams and Michael's job, making him da man @ wb. No receiving yards but he was a kick returner, and at the mid point of the season they stop kicking it deep, so those yards should go to him. J. Charles was the man. 

Stupid post.  Williams had Big 12 schools recruiting him.  Because Michael shared a backfield with williams,  he wasn't "good enough to have that job"?  Isn't it amazing that LSU wanted him since he wasn't very good?

#1  Charles  (Memoria)l was a man among boys

#2  Michael (WB) was a beast

#3  Mosely (Nederland) was a heck of a football player with deceptive speed and vision

#4  Kerry Franks (WO-S) was very fast

#5 Hathaway (Ozen) Big back that had breakaway speed

#6 Hussey (Lumberton) ...dont let his size fool you.  Followed blocks as well as anyone

#7 Feacher (Central) had great balance, spinning sometimes 4 times a run never losing stride

#8 Grogan (Nederland) was a load that refused to be tackled

#9 Lowe (WB) was a 1000 yardd rusher on a non talented team.

#10  Greenwood (Ozen) ran low to the ground  to pound out 1000 yards alongside Hathaway.

Forgetting a guy by the name of Brad Croak from Vidor... One of the most gifted running backs I've seen...

I don't know about his Junior year but Michaels wasn't doing much duty sharing last season.

Stupid post.  Williams had Big 12 schools recruiting him.  Because Michael shared a backfield with williams,  he wasn't "good enough to have that job"?   Isn't it amazing that LSU wanted him since he wasn't very good?

So what plenty of people get recruited and don't see the the field Williams would have been a DB anyway.  I said that because if they were on the same team,Charles would be the man without question. And no sharing duties, and what about James Johnson from MHS,Blinn K-State now with the Bengals he kept Charles on the bench n the 10Th grade. I don't have his #'s but the NFL should say something. 8)

I dont have the stats on the other two, but there aren't many better than Christine Michaels. His stats speak for themselves: 3925 yards rushing in three seasons, 7.9 yards a carry and 74 TD's. Michaels also had 550 yards receiving over three seasons with 11.2 yards per catch and 6 TD's. TOTAL....4475 yards of production, and 80 TD's. Michaels is the best.

Rivals.com says that Charles averaged 7.3 yards per carry as a junior and 7.9 as a senior.   

Ok so we all know..J.Charles waz The best Back to come outta SETX since 2000..But after that i really think Albert Williams was or could have been better than Micheals if He wouldent Have got hurt..Buh dont get me wrong Micheals was Good No doubt..Also I think the Best Bk to come from Ozen was GreenWood..Baq then i loved Ozen And thats when they had a really good team..An he was One of their baqs..Waz Very Good...Ran Like Ealr Campbell...Morris Thomas Was Pretty Good To From Central

Ok so we all know..J.Charles waz The best Back to come outta SETX since 2000..But after that i really think Albert Williams was or could have been better than Micheals if He wouldent Have got hurt..Buh dont get me wrong Micheals was Good No doubt..Also I think the Best Bk to come from Ozen was GreenWood..Baq then i loved Ozen And thats when they had a really good team..An he was One of their baqs..Waz Very Good...Ran Like Ealr Campbell...Morris Thomas Was Pretty Good To From Central

no way micheals is way better than albert will ever be

This one is simple. Charles.

See west1 even the purple people know who was the best! ;D

I'm just comparing high school stats, and there doesn't seem to be much difference.  That's why I had them tied.  I wonder if some of these people even saw both Jamaal and CMike play?  I bet most did not.

This one is simple. Charles.

See west1 even the purple people know who was the best! ;D

I'm just comparing high school stats, and there doesn't seem to be much difference.  That's why I had them tied.  I wonder if some of these people even saw both Jamaal and CMike play?  I bet most did not.

i did i witnessed the game where he rushed for like 300 yards in the first half against westfield i think it was

Two different running styles between Charles and Mosely.  Mosely was more the Emmit Smith type, Charles was more the Barry Sanders, changing direction and making people miss.

Didn't Mosely put about 230 up on Ozen one game?

OK, I watched Charles and Michaels throughout High school...  I am a Jag been when you have a rare talent in the area you must attend their games....  To start these two guys are the cream of the crop.  I really like Michaels, and he is a physical specimen.... BUT... to watch Jamal run was a thing of beauty.  What is funny is that most forget how hard he ran in high school because of his finesse style in college.  Jamal would run over high school kids.  His junior year he averaged above 250 per game in the playoffs. 

Here are a few high school clips of Jamal in case you all forgot!

This is the hidden content, please

James Johnson was mentioned earlier... Pure beast!  If he wasn't in that first MHS class he would have been even better... His junior year at TJ was amazing, but if Shanderrick Charles came out in 2000 like I think he did he was even better!!!!  Now that was Barry Sanders... He had his career end early at SMU because of a stress fracture in his back after averaging 225 in the first three games of the season.  Then I would have to give AJ Dugat the go, but he wasn't a fulltime tailback!  Mosely was the man and Hussey is really good.  Williams form brook was a good change of speed back.... 

Jamal Charles - MHS

C Michaels - WB

Shanderrick Charles - LHS

Mosley - NHS

Dugat (Not a full time TB) - DHS

J Johnson - TJHS/MHS

Hussey - LumHS

Feacher - CHS

Franks (not full time HB) - WOS

Grogan - NHS

#3  Mosely (Nederland) was a heck of a football player with deceptive speed and vision

#6 Hussey (Lumberton) ...dont let his size fool you.  Followed blocks as well as anyone

#7 Feacher (Central) had great balance, spinning sometimes 4 times a run never losing stride

#10  Greenwood (Ozen) ran low to the ground  to pound out 1000 yards alongside Hathaway.

im dissappointed in you how in the world you dont have johnathan smith on this list he has be top 5

I was thinking the same thing, that kid was a monster!

Two different running styles between Charles and Mosely.  Mosely was more the Emmit Smith type, Charles was more the Barry Sanders, changing direction and making people miss.

Didn't Mosely put about 230 up on Ozen one game?

Yes he did, that was the shootout at Cardinal Stadium.  Ozen won the game but Mosely had a field day as a soph.  I never wanted to see the wrap around draw again after that night.  Johnathan Smith also had a big game for Ozen that night too.  .

OK, I watched Charles and Michaels throughout High school...  I am a Jag been when you have a rare talent in the area you must attend their games....  To start these two guys are the cream of the crop.  I really like Michaels, and he is a physical specimen.... BUT... to watch Jamal run was a thing of beauty.  What is funny is that most forget how hard he ran in high school because of his finesse style in college.  Jamal would run over high school kids.  His junior year he averaged above 250 per game in the playoffs. 

Here are a few high school clips of Jamal in case you all forgot!

This is the hidden content, please

James Johnson was mentioned earlier... Pure beast!  If he wasn't in that first MHS class he would have been even better... His junior year at TJ was amazing, but if Shanderrick Charles came out in 2000 like I think he did he was even better!!!!  Now that was Barry Sanders... He had his career end early at SMU because of a stress fracture in his back after averaging 225 in the first three games of the season.  Then I would have to give AJ Dugat the go, but he wasn't a fulltime tailback!  Mosely was the man and Hussey is really good.  Williams form brook was a good change of speed back.... 

Jamal Charles - MHS

C Michaels - WB

Shanderrick Charles - LHS

Mosley - NHS

Dugat (Not a full time TB) - DHS

J Johnson - TJHS/MHS

Hussey - LumHS

Feacher - CHS

Franks (not full time HB) - WOS

Grogan - NHS

WOW! thanks for the memories shorttexas that kid was poetry in motion non like him.  Hey westend c mike dosen't have footage like that. MHS baby!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Forgetting a guy by the name of Brad Croak from Vidor... One of the most gifted running backs I've seen...

ran further backwards than fowards tried going outside too much cost him many yards lost

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder