Jasper v. Diboll, Hudson v. Carthage---Talk some trash!!!

Guest BlueYOUsuck

Guest BlueYOUsuck

Lets get the chatter going. Friday night will be a huge game for both Jasper and Diboll. Jasper wins, they go as 3rd place team, Diboll wins, one game playoff to see who goes. Diboll has all the pressure on them to keep pace in a three horse race with Hudson, Carthage, and Jasper. However it is a home game for the jacks, and with a win or go home atmosphere, it could get real interesting. This is what playoff baseball is about. Lets get some talk and predictions about this game. No other game matters., except maybe the Hudson v. Carthage game in Carthage, if carthage wins, same situation, one game playoff to see who wins the district. Two huge games that could potentially lead to one game playoffs.

***Diboll beats Jasper on Friday, Jasper beats Dibol in one game playoff- Jasper goes in as third place team. Tradition is too strong, Crowd too roudy, Dibol cant hang.

***Carthage v. Hudson at home for the dawgs- Carthage wins close, but Hudson takes District in one game. Carthage pitching is a little weak at times, bad baserunning, spotty offense. Hornets too much for back to back games.

1. Lufkin Hudson 12-0

2. Carthage 11-1

3. Jasper 8-4

4. Diboll 5-6

5. Huntington 4-7

6. Central 4-8

7. Center 3-9 

8. Rusk 0-12

If these records are correct then Diboll not only has to beat Jasper and one more opponent but hope that Jasper also loses to Center in their final district game.

Guest BlueYOUsuck

You might be right about the records. KJAS.com has it on there that if Jasper beats Diboll then they are in the playoffs. Nevertheless, Jasper really needs to win Friday, and I have no doubt that Diboll is not going to lay down for the dawgs. Who was Diboll's 6th loss to? I know Hudson and Carthage swept them, with Jasper beating them in the first round. Did Diboll lose to central or one of those other teams? If anyone knows could they post.

BlueYOUsuck

Guest BlueYOUsuck

I found it on another website, Dibol is 6-6, with the 6th loss coming to Huntington. Thats terrible to lose to them. Jasper better win, and its almost a gimme against Center. So looks like Jasper will keep the playoff streak alive. My bad on my orignal statement. It could potentially happen if Jasper loses out, but I have a better chance of marrying Jessica Abla then Center beating Jasper at home. Go dawgs.

Another fine outing by junior lefty Derek Sowell. He had about 8 or so strike outs in only five innings for another complete game. Jasper wins 11-1 in 5 to earn a playoff spot. This makes it 16 years in a row to make the playoffs. Congrats to coaches Mixon,Smith,Brown, and Ford for another good but challenging year. The bats were hot again with several hits over outfielders head , against the wall(Alvis) to the wall (Alvis,Koch,Bronson)and over the wall (Parker)along with key singles and doubles and a few triples. The defense and pitching were enough to keep the shutout going until late in the game on this senior night in Diboll. The whole ineup is starting to produce and has sparked the last half of the season. 

JV won again and is having a good year. Good pitching by Colton Burleson and Jacob Clark.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin