Should Lc-M have done (spring training)

Spring ball all depends on the situation.  In an established program, I think it is better to practice when it is 80-90 degrees vs 100 in August.  It can help sort out depth charts going into the summer and give the coaches an idea of what exactly they are dealing with.  It also cuts down on preseason practices and lessens the potential for injury.  One major drawback is that you have kids who may be contributing next season who are in track and especially baseball that you may not be able to see and evaluate.  This is likely what LCM is looking at. They can still work on learning and practicing offensive and defensive schemes with the kids they have without pads now. Learning doesn't need pads.  Then, when everyone is around come August, they have an extra week to fit kids in position, bone up on playbooks, practice techniques and get ready for the upcoming season. For a new coach without all his athletes and still putting together a coaching staff, I think it isn't a bad move. Just my thoughts...

I agree with the two previous posts.  It is the coaches decision, but I believe he needs to go through spring, establish himself with the kids, evaluate where the program is and install his new offense, defense and special teams.  Another point made was the difference in the heat in spring and late summer.  If they stay aclamated to the heat in the summer, they should be okay.  I always thought spring ball was a blast.

Without a full complement of coaches, full-blown practices would be challenging--juggling kids with limited position coaches who may not yet be comfortable coaching in Crouch's system.  Don't take for granted that the assistant coaches that are there are completely comfortable with the system yet. Coach Crouch's offseason program with weights, running, agilities, etc can clearly establish his style and expectations and help him get an idea of where his program sits.  Couple that with 7-on-7 and scheme implementation, the kids will be learning and getting better even without pads.  Spring ball might not be as productive as it might be at other programs not experiencing such turnover.  Lastly, the longer the pads stay in storage, the more the suspense and excitement build with the kids and community. I can see plenty of reasons to hold off til August.  But hey, what do I know. I'm just riffing.

LCM should have done whatever Coach Crouch thinks is best for his program. 

From all indications he is off to a great start with the overall athletic program as well as the football program. 

The football numbers are significanly up.

Offseason weights and conditioning are tough but are full steam ahead.

The offensive and defensive schemes are being put into place.

Morale is good.

I hear we will have a new look regarding uniforms and helmets next year.

We are playing some 7 on 7 I believe.

The hiring of a football staff is near complete.

Soccer went to the playoffs.

Golf team is on way to regionals after winning both boys and girls district championships.

Baseball and softball are both fairing well in their district races.

Keep up the good work Coach.  If you say no spring football, then an extra week of two a days it is. 

If you decide to suit'em up next week, then have at it.  We are with you either way.

FROM Member OSD

>:After today's unbelievable incident, LCM football has taken a hit that may derail any hope for a decent season. Coach Crouch needs to purge LCM of all coaches whom have participated in Coach Moody's " way of thinking" and get new one's. Any coach whom could sit by and participate in what ever  you call 0-9 , should be replaced. I know first hand that one coach and only one stood up , he wanted to coach his team, wasn't allowed to do it ,and was removed as coach! Then ,moody, canceled the J.V. season, because he could ,and threaten that coach that he would do so,because he didnot care about the football program as a whole ,just Varsity! LCM players have been lied to and betrayed by the one entity they have to believe in totally and completely in order to play winning football ,their coaches! SO,OUT with the old, and maybe Coach Crouch can get them to compete!!!

FROM Member OSD

>:After today's unbelievable incident, LCM football has taken a hit that may derail any hope for a decent season. Coach Crouch needs to purge LCM of all coaches whom have participated in Coach Moody's " way of thinking" and get new one's. Any coach whom could sit by and participate in what ever  you call 0-9 , should be replaced. I know first hand that one coach and only one stood up , he wanted to coach his team, wasn't allowed to do it ,and was removed as coach! Then ,moody, canceled the J.V. season, because he could ,and threaten that coach that he would do so,because he didnot care about the football program as a whole ,just Varsity! LCM players have been lied to and betrayed by the one entity they have to believe in totally and completely in order to play winning football ,their coaches! SO,OUT with the old, and maybe Coach Crouch can get them to compete!!!

I would not say to purge all coaches who were here.  I know of 2 who came this year and did not participate in Moody's way of thinking.  They came here because it is a good school district with a chance of success.  They had an idea that if they could make it one season with Moody, then he would leave and someone new would come in.  I do agree that those who were "Moody coaches" need to go, and I believe that they all have.  Those who are staying are very good coaches who were in a bad situation last year.  Just because coaches worked for a certain coach DOES NOT mean that they follow his way of thinking. 

Spoke with several coaches that left last year that said as asst. coaches they had no say in who played where they played or when they played.  Why have asst?

That will change this coming year! The best kid at that position will be the one on the field.

LCM should have kept Moody . He almost had a good thing going there. No telling what he could have done with another few years.

The problem with LCM is this statement. There are too many people who believe that Moody was doing a good job? I watched the Lumberton game where their O-line demolished us .AS many bear fans are wondering why he did not play the three 6'4" 250 lbs + DT and 5'9 DT 295 lbs players who disrupt the offense in practice so often that Moody stopped letting them get reps. Moody got out coached on game day . The other coaches made adjustments,and I do not know if he understood that part of the game.We were so predictable I bet after the first game that coaches didn't even have to look at the other game tapes

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder