strike zones

tonight at the vidor vs nederland game i witnessed the widest strike zone i have ever seen in my life, among the many was a ball that actually hit the dirt in front of the plate and was called a strike

home plate ump was terrible

Here we go....

yes here we do go, i hardly ever start my own thread, and i feel a need to call this one out

Was the ump consistent for both sides? Even if he was not to your liking, was he consistent?

Question No. 2 - Why not sign up to be an ump if you think they need help?

i did not see him to be consistent, seemed to me that the strike zone was much wider when vidor was batting, and on a couple of instances our guys started trottin to 1st only to be called out

and as to your ump question, i dont think i'd make a good baseball ump, unless its vidor playing i'm not interested, baseball kind of bores me, i will try to sign up for football though, that's my sport, any 1 got info on that?

tonight at the vidor vs nederland game i witnessed the widest strike zone i have ever seen in my life, among the many was a ball that actually hit the dirt in front of the plate and was called a strike

I agree the ump was not consistent but it seemed to me that Vidor was getting the calls the Nederland pitchers were the ones getting squeezed.  Obviously you feel that feel the batters should have just gotten a free ride.  But from where I was sitting those balls you were complaining about were strikes.

I agree the ump was not consistent but it seemed to me that Vidor was getting the calls the Nederland pitchers were the ones getting squeezed.  Obviously you feel that feel the batters should have just gotten a free ride.  But from where I was sitting those balls you were complaining about were strikes.

sorry man, but i had a perfect view of that plate, and am trying to remain as impartial as possible

No matter what your opinion the game was a good one.  There will be a rematch later this season.  We will see what happens then.

I'm in complete agreeance(yes that is a word) and yep, hopefully trae's shoulder isnt serious, because no offense but trae when he's not hurt is the best pitcher in 20-4a

I wasn't at the game but when you are the home team its hard to stake a claim of getting the short end of the stick from umpires.

home team doesnt pick umps, and yes it is hard to call short end and be able to back it up, so when i do call short end i make sure i have plenty of facts to back it up

well Mr. vidor...I am speaking from experience....I have pitched at the division I level 3 years and pro ball for 4 years....From my experience I know the home team is usually on the better side of the calls...thats just the way it is. ...what experience are you speaking from??? or are you just an upset fan?

Would you be complaining if Vidor were to win?

Would you be complaining if Vidor were to win?

yes i still would have said the reffing was terrible, and if we are on the beneficial end of bad calls i will also recognize that

well Mr. vidor...I am speaking from experience....I have pitched at the division I level 3 years and pro ball for 4 years....From my experience I know the home team is usually on the better side of the calls...thats just the way it is. ...what experience are you speaking from??? or are you just an upset fan?

here we go, the old "i'm better than you because i played college and pro baseball" huh, here's a hint, no 1 likes people that think they are better than everyone else. why don't you just throw in a "do you know who i am" while you're at it, and dig your hole even deeper(sorry coop, this post really set me off)

I never said I was better than you! ...sorry you feel like I am better than you by giving you my background.....I was just stating how I have had first hand experiences at multiple levels of baseball and I have come to the realization that the home team usually gets the majority of the calls...no reason to get bent out of shape.

I never said I was better than you! ...sorry you feel like I am better than you by giving you my background.....I was just stating how I have had first hand experiences at multiple levels of baseball and I have come to the realization that the home team usually gets the majority of the calls...no reason to get bent out of shape.

there you go again

and were you even at the game???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83