NIT or NCAA????

If you knew you would be knocked out of the 1st round of the NCAA tourney would you trade it in for making and playing in the Finals of the NIT?  That would mean you get 4 xtra games along with the oppurtunity to play in MSG twice during that time.  What would you do??

Guest DickVitale

NCAA means more $$$$$$ for your school and program....Besides, recruits don't give a flying flip about your team making the NIT finals....Case and point? Who were the final four NIT teams last season? Exactly, I don't remember either!! ;)

NCAA means more $$$$$$ for your school and program....Besides, recruits don't give a flying flip about your team making the NIT finals....Case and point? Who were the final four NIT teams last season? Exactly, I don't remember either!! ;)

Good point all around, but remember I said if you knew you would lose in the 1st Round of the NCAA.  So I'll ask you, can you remember the 32 teams last year that lost right out the gate, but I get your point.  And answer this from a players stand point not adminstration, because we all know $$  only matters to the front office

Guest ECBucFan

Clearly, because of automatic bids, the best 65 don't get in the NCAA.  My guess is Baylor is a top 35 team.

At least! And Baylor is loving the repetitve PRIME TIME exposure that the 32 losers couldn't even dream of!  ;D

There can be no dening that Baylor has come a long way in a short time under coach Scott Drew!

This program to be where they are (yes, the NIT championship) is a great thing. Just a reminder that they are the only Big 12 mens team still playing. They have made a fantastic run in the past three weeks, defeating Kansas, Texas, Georgertown, Virgina Tech, Auburn and San Diego State.

To still be playing is the thing. The Bears are looking for good press and the story will be told over and over tonight as the annoncers talk about the game and the teams. Prime time from Madison Square Garden. No it is not the final four in Detroit, but at this point in the season it sure beats watching from home.

Oh course teams and players want to be in the NCAA's, but players want to play and championships are championships, Does a team turn down the Cotton Bowl because it is not a BCS Bowl? NO! and they don't hide the trophy if they win the game. Winning is what recruits want to see in the schools they choose.

Baylor is still the only private school in the Big 12. They are competitive in all sports including football for the first time. They have nationally ranked teams in many sports. They have national chapionships in a couple over the last few years. They send athletes to the Olympics, MLB, NBA and they likely will have a player drafted as high as #2 in the upcoming NFL draft.

Players + winning = recruits. That is the formula for college success.

Sitting home after elimination from the NCAA's or the championship of the NIT ask a player where they would like to be tonight? 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124