**Silsbee at BC Updates.....BC wins 4-3!!**

BC won but the last two games have been nerve racking to watch!  They seem to be very sluggish and as Treasurer said, need to get agressive at the plate and at times the fielding is sloppy!  I hope they can get all the kinks worked out soon................just do not seem to be playing up to their potential and that might jump up and bite them if they aren't careful. 

They deffinantley need to get it taken care of by next friday at Orangefield, heck we better even watch out for the Mustangs Tuesday if we keep playing like we are, Can't take any games for granite if we plan on making it to Austin this year...

That's for sure!  I thought the first game this week was just one of those games that every team has, but tonight when they played the same type of game,  made me wonder what's going on with them!  And you are so right, Orangefield seems to have their whole team contributing and they seem to be on a winning roll, and WOS under Jesse are getting their act together, so BC can't take anybody in this district for granted and if they want to do something post season, they need to get it together quick!  I know they are a good team, but they aren't showing it right now.  Hope they step it up a notch or two in the next game!

It sounds like they are playing to their competition. I've only been able to see them play once but that was against LCM. Hopefully they will start to play to their potential and not their opponents.

BC won but the last two games have been nerve racking to watch!  They seem to be very sluggish and as Treasurer said, need to get agressive at the plate and at times the fielding is sloppy!  I hope they can get all the kinks worked out soon................just do not seem to be playing up to their potential and that might jump up and bite them if they aren't careful. 

BC is definatly NOT were they should be!  I hope they get it together soon!!

Guest BC boy 17

The plate umpire decided this game in the 5th or 6th when he called a ball fair when it was clearly 1-2 feet foul. this tied it 2-2 and then the very next pitch calls a balk that was very questionable that puts bc up 3-2

i wasnt in a good position for the ball down the line but it was close. but the pitcher balked many time that game, they just called it that one time. hes just got to be sure to come set before he goes to the plate.

Guest airitout123

They deffinantley need to get it taken care of by next friday at Orangefield, heck we better even watch out for the Mustangs Tuesday if we keep playing like we are, Can't take any games for granite if we plan on making it to Austin this year...

That's for sure!  I thought the first game this week was just one of those games that every team has, but tonight when they played the same type of game,  made me wonder what's going on with them!  And you are so right, Orangefield seems to have their whole team contributing and they seem to be on a winning roll, and WOS under Jesse are getting their act together, so BC can't take anybody in this district for granted and if they want to do something post season, they need to get it together quick!  I know they are a good team, but they aren't showing it right now.  Hope they step it up a notch or two in the next game!

I have and always will have a lot of respect for the BC baseball program.  They have proven year after to year that their formula for success works.

When the BC fans get on here on talk down the team after a win, it shows a complete lack of respect for the opposing team.  You won, why make the comments that you do.  Saying how poorly we played and how we need to get our act together after a win says what about the team you beat?  Think about it...

Everyone on this site knows that Silsbee has a young talented team.  Coach Trawhon does a tremendous job with this program and they will continue to get better.

BC will continue to play well and I wish them success.  However, with each win or loss, they have done nothing to lose mine or anyone else's respect for what they are capable of doing. 

I am so glad the Cardinals are sticking to an apparent game plan to not pitch Hicks too much, if possible.  I thought Wallace did a fine job for 4 innings and Hicks again served as a "closer" which he has done so many times before.  He too, once again, pitched well for the last three closer innings.

==========

To airitout123:  If you noticed fans of both teams were commenting on improvement to eliminate errors etc:, for both of their teams.  To point out one teams comments-- to hope for added improvements is a little unjustified.

Correct me if I am wrong.  But didn't Hicks throw a complete game at HJ.  I know he pitched just not sure how much.  According to those on this site he got the win.  And he came in last night and pitched 3.  That would be 10 on the week.

That is correct, Hicks pitched 10 innings this week.

I have and always will have a lot of respect for the BC baseball program.  They have proven year after to year that their formula for success works.

When the BC fans get on here on talk down the team after a win, it shows a complete lack of respect for the opposing team.  You won, why make the comments that you do.  Saying how poorly we played and how we need to get our act together after a win says what about the team you beat?  Think about it...

Everyone on this site knows that Silsbee has a young talented team.  Coach Trawhon does a tremendous job with this program and they will continue to get better.

BC will continue to play well and I wish them success.  However, with each win or loss, they have done nothing to lose mine or anyone else's respect for what they are capable of doing. 

First of all, I was not disrespecting the Silsbee team in any way and I am very sorry you read it that way.  And my point was yes, they are a young team as was HJ, and BC fields mostly seniors and several juniors and they are not showing that they are an experienced team.  And with all the hype surrounding BC and post season play, maybe they have gotten too comfortable in that way of thinking and if that is the case, one of these young teams will wake them up.  And I did not say I don't respect them, nor did I want anyone else to lose respect. 

Guess I should have said, "Excellent game, you played great, and will be a state contender".  But, that was not what I saw and was just making a comment on how I thought they looked.  Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes or hurt anyone's feelings with saying what I thought they need to improve on. 

Hicks pitched Monday and Friday (3 days rest) got 2 wins, threw less pitches total than both pitchers in the LCM/Ned game and Statum who went 5 against HF.

Sorry to butt in, but you mentioned one of our guys.  The LCM pitcher in that game threw 81 pitches.  81 pitches in 10 innings is pretty good.  I know the Nederland pitcher seemed to throw alot, but I didn't hear an official count.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nanoflowcell
    Newest Member
    nanoflowcell