Dickie V.........Please Read!!!!

Guest spinks

Guest spinks

Here is a quote from you.

"HJ and Silsbee would NOT have made the region I or II regional tourneys...Region III in 4A and 5A is VERY deep....In 3A, not so.  HJ, Silsbee, maybe Jasper, and thats a stretch."

First of all region 1 and 4 were the weakest in the State and it was not even close.  HJ beat Aransas Pass(Region 4 semifinalist) by 25 and by 40 and Aransas Pass was down 4 to Stafford with 4 minutes to go in the regional semis.

Liberty Hill participated in Region 1 and made it to the regional and in case you did not know Orangefield............yes I said Orangefield.........the team that did not make the playoffs out of 21-3A lost to them in overtime.  Estacado's closest game prior to the state tournament was a 14 point victory in the regional semis over Burkburnett.  They just barely got through the final winning by 34.  Now is that a strong region? :: ??? ??? ???

Region 2 was a very strong region make no mistake about it.  However one of HJ or Silsbee would have made it to that tournament as either one of these teams could play with Madison night in and night out as was proven at the State tournament by HJ. 

Region 3 rivaled Region 2 for the toughest region top to bottom!  Navasota and Cleveland would have walked in to region 1 regional.  In case you did not know HJ was the ONLY team to knock off 3 ranked teams on their way to the state tournament in ANY classification this year.  You are a realistic person normally in basketball.  It is clear that you don't like HJ and that is fine.  But HJ took Estacado to the last second and dominated for most of the game and if Wagner plays the way he did against HJ than Estacado is the state champion.  One of two things are very clear here.  You either just plain don't like HJ or you have no clue what you are talking about!!

P.S. Silsbee, Navasota, and Cleveland would all beat Stafford!!! Wagner is a PLAYER!!!!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevenash

"HJ and Silsbee would NOT have made the region I or II regional tourneys...Region III in 4A and 5A is VERY deep....In 3A, not so.  HJ, Silsbee, maybe Jasper, and thats a stretch."

First of all region 1 was the weakest region in the State and it was not even close.  Liberty Hill participated in this Regional tournament and in case you did not know Orangefield............yes I said Orangefield.........the team that did not make the playoffs out of 21-3A lost to them in overtime.  Estacado's closest game prior to the state tournament was a 14 point victory in the regional semis over Burkburnett.  They just barely got through the final winning by 34.  Now is that a strong region? :: ??? ??? ???

Region 2 was a very strong region make no mistake about it.  However one of HJ or Silsbee would have made it to that tournament as either one of these teams could play with Madison night in and night out as was proven at the State tournament by HJ. 

Region 3 rivaled Region 2 for the toughest region top to bottom!  Navasota and Cleveland would have walked in to region 1 regional.  In case you did not know HJ was the ONLY team to knock off 3 ranked teams on their way to the state tournament in ANY classification this year.  You are a realistic person normally in basketball.  It is clear that you don't like HJ and that is fine.  But HJ took Estacado to the last second and dominated for most of the game and if Wagner plays the way he did against HJ than Estacado is the state champion.  One of two things are very clear here.  You either just plain don't like HJ or you have no clue what you are talking about!!

P.S. Silsbee, Navasota, and Cleveland would all beat Stafford!!! Wagner is a PLAYER!!!!!!

Ahhh, but you must remember Spinks that you are just one of those local 3-a country bumpkins who don't "really know and understand what is going on.  The fact that you participated in division 1 college competition, and the fact that your brother has either played in and coached in 3 state tournaments is meaningless.  What even makes it more meaningless is that you are from a 3-a school so your opinion doesn't count.  Same goes for Billy Gillespie and Bill Self.

First of all region 1 was the weakest region in the State and it was not even close.  Liberty Hill participated in this Regional tournament and in case you did not know Orangefield............yes I said Orangefield.........the team that did not make the playoffs out of 21-3A lost to them in overtime.  Estacado's closest game prior to the state tournament was a 14 point victory in the regional semis over Burkburnett.  They just barely got through the final winning by 34.  Now is that a strong region? :: ??? ??? ???

Ahhh, but you must remember Spinks that you are just one of those local 3-a country bumpkins who don't "really know and understand what is going on.  The fact that you participated in division 1 college competition, and the fact that your brother has either played in and coached in 3 state tournaments is meaningless.  What even makes it more meaningless is that you are from a 3-a school so your opinion doesn't count.  Same goes for Billy Gillespie and Bill Self.

But the thing is, Spinks stated nothin but facts. So you saying that his "opinion" doesn't count, it really isn't even an opinion at all. The only opinion he said was that Dick might not like HJ or have no clue what he is talking about.

Spinks was right on topic I think and though our region hasnt brought anything back lately, I think we have way more depth than any other region.

Guest stevenash

But the thing is, Spinks stated nothin but facts. So you saying that his "opinion" doesn't count, it really isn't even an opinion at all. The only opinion he said was that Dick might not like HJ or have no clue what he is talking about.

Spinks was right on topic I think and though our region hasnt brought anything back lately, I think we have way more depth than any other region.

I think you possibly failed to "get my drift"

I think you possibly failed to "get my drift"

Remember Stevenash he is from a 3A school, he does not understand your since of humor ;D

Guest DickVitale

Class 3A region 3 has TWO titles in the last 15 years (counting Kountze in 2004) and has been in the state finals just those two times...Is that not a fact? Dallas Madison would have beat the heck out of HJ, Silsbee, WHOEVER in this region...It would not have mattered.  Everybody that gets out of this region, usually is like the SOUTHLAND rep in the NCAA tourney!!! ONE AND DONE! HJ won it in 2007, and Kountze in 2004.  Region 2 has really dominated class 3A. Not region 3.

I never said I had anything against HJ, just the people on this board tend to think that they are the greatest program since the inception of the UIL, and that could not be further from the truth. There are many other programs out there that have done more and TALKED LESS, and they are in higher classifications than 3A, in some instances too. 

REGION 3, CLASS 3A IS NOT THAT GOOD. Only in the eyes of SE Texans.... ::)

Class 3A region 3 has TWO titles in the last 15 years (counting Kountze in 2004) and has been in the state finals just those two times...Is that not a fact? Dallas Madison would have beat the heck out of HJ, Silsbee, WHOEVER in this region...It would not have mattered.  Everybody that gets out of this region, usually is like the SOUTHLAND rep in the NCAA tourney!!! ONE AND DONE! HJ won it in 2007, and Kountze in 2004.  Region 2 has really dominated class 3A. Not region 3.

I never said I had anything against HJ, just the people on this board tend to think that they are the greatest program since the inception of the UIL, and that could not be further from the truth. There are many other programs out there that have done more and TALKED LESS, and they are in higher classifications than 3A, in some instances too. 

REGION 3, CLASS 3A IS NOT THAT GOOD. Only in the eyes of SE Texans.... ::)

I beg to differ that Madison would have beat the heck out of Silsbee or HJ. Madison goes into overtime with Estacado, and Estacado went into OT with HJ. HJ with a few less mistakes gets into the Madison game and if Wagner plays as well as he did against HJ, they would have won against Madison. Silsbee was obviously the more athletic team out of Estacado, HJ, or Jasper. Mistakes against Jasper killed them and I think Silsbee matches up perfectly with Madison. Continue on with the Duke and Florida State game  ;D :D

Dallas Madison was better than any team in 3A region III, hands down and not even close.

Dallas Madison has to go to overtime to beat a team that had to go to overtime to beat HJ. If HJ shoots better from the freethrow line or cuts down on their uncharacteristic high number of turnovers, they beat LE. In some eyes, including mine, HJ wasn't the "best" team in Region III but they did what no other team in 3A did, beat 3 ranked teams to get to Austin. They were more than deserving of representing Region III in Austin.

Dicky, you can argue that Region I or II has the best "team" as in singular, the last 10 years or so, but not the best Region as a whole.

Guest DickVitale

We (Duke) should get a NUMBER ONE SEED!! :D....I watch every Duke game that I can and TIVO the one's that I can't! I have been following Duke since the Johnny Dawkins/Danny Ferry Days!! And even BEFORE that!

Guest DickVitale

I know, I know...I was only joking, but I am a homer when it comes to Duke!!! Duke will be a 2 seed. The ones will be UNC, Louisville, Pitt and Memphis IMO. It really does not matter when you talk about a one or a two seed though, honestly. They might move this to the college basketball forum! ;)

College basketball really has been crazy this year are far as the ranks go. As soon as someone steps up to the 1 or 2 seed, them seem to not live up to it. Louisville is on a crazy hot streat right now and IMO should be number 1 very soon. Williams is on FIRE!! and yea sorry about this being mega off-topic. But Duke I think is starting to pick it back up. They had a little bit of a down-time for a small streak there

Dallas Madison was better than any team in 3A region III, hands down and not even close.

Dallas Madison has to go to overtime to beat a team that had to go to overtime to beat HJ. If HJ shoots better from the freethrow line or cuts down on their uncharacteristic high number of turnovers, they beat LE. In some eyes, including mine, HJ wasn't the "best" team in Region III but they did what no other team in 3A did, beat 3 ranked teams to get to Austin. They were more than deserving of representing Region III in Austin.

Dicky, you can argue that Region I or II has the best "team" as in singular, the last 10 years or so, but not the best Region as a whole.

I agree. Even though there were only two titles in 3A in the last 15 years or so. I really think that Region 3 was the best by whole. I really think HJ should have won state when they make it there but they ran out of gas. And did what no other team in state did BEAT 3 Ranked teams. Silsbee could have matched up well with Estacado and beat them by double digit in my opinion. Dallas Madison just had an easier way to get to state. There were more state ranked teams in region 3 than any other region in 3A. So playing the tougher route to state made it tough to win state cause u run out of gas sooner or later.

Guest DickVitale

Yeah...lets see... where were we.....OH, thats right! We were talking about how only SE Texas FANS feel that 3A, region III is any good although it does not show at the state tournament in Austin.  ::)

You hit the nail on the head AAW,  that region may have had the single best team but there are many real good teams in region 3.  I think the outcome this year shows that Madison may have been the better team but either H-J or Silsbee was capable of beating them.  Just like Silsbee was a better team than Jasper but Jasper ended our season by playing a great game.  My question when looking at the rosters were how our guards would have matched up size wise but looking at the box scores it appears they started suards that weren't that much bigger.  They may have been the better team but I would have loved to see a Tiger  game against them(as long as we played well).

Yeah...lets see... where were we.....OH, thats right! We were talking about how only SE Texas FANS feel that 3A, region III is any good although it does not show at the state tournament in Austin.  ::)

HAHA! that is true. And most of us are pulling out the "shoulda, woulda, coulda" While you are just using the cold-hard facts. The thing is that Region 3 has not made it happen in the past as much as all the other regions. Silsbee and HJ WOULDA matched up against Madison quite well, but the thing is they failed to get past the team that beat them. Estcado really shot poorly against HJ after missing plenty of open three's that they should've hit. HJ's defense wasn't near as good as it was throughout the whole 2nd half of the playoffs. Next year though, Region 3will bring back a title  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder