Dickie V.........Please Read!!!!

Guest spinks

Guest DickVitale

It means that I know what I do for a living more than most people on here, especially the ones that do not do what I do for a living.  Thats a respectable statement.  Once again, I don't care if people like it or not. I know MY BUSINESS. Period.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It means that I know what I do for a living more than most people on here, especially the ones that do not do what I do for a living.  Thats a respectable statement.  Once again, I don't care if people like it or not. I know MY BUSINESS. Period.

I assume you have more state championship that HJ does then. 

Guest spinks

Dickie V.........I have a question for you.........you stated earlier in another post that you were just as qualified as joubert or williams for the ozen job.  May I ask why?

Guest spinks

May I ask why not? Just know that I am...Do you think your brother is qualified? I do. So, now what?

Do I think my brother is qualified for Ozen???? Absolutely not.  We are talking about one of the prime time jobs in the state.  Do I think he is ready for a good/big 3A job...........sure.  I think he could probably get the job done but I am sure they are looking for more accomplished coaches.  With that said..........why are u qualified?  So what now?

Guest spinks

Why do you guys hate on DV? Man seems to know bb so what all the hate and whats bad is that some of you guys are mods. Just my opinion.

He hates on us...........we hate on him.......its all in fun!!!

Guest DickVitale

Why do you guys hate on DV? Man seems to know bb so what all the hate and whats bad is that some of you guys are mods. Just my opinion.

Yeah, right! check your PM now...This crap is no fun! I have to fight all the time!! 8)

Guest tigersvoice

Yeah, right! check your PM now...This crap is no fun! I have to fight all the time!! 8)

ETBU - just follow his posts for awhile and see how full of himself he is.  He's a hard person to appreciate; knowledgable, yes, but humility is no where in his vocabulary nor his demeanor.

ETBU - just follow his posts for awhile and see how full of himself he is.  He's a hard person to appreciate; know ledgable, yes, but humility is no where in his vocabulary nor his demeanor.

Hey TV was listening to Mike broadcast the Silsbee bb game and missed you. You do just football?

ETBU - just follow his posts for awhile and see how full of himself he is.  He's a hard person to appreciate; know ledgable, yes, but humility is no where in his vocabulary nor his demeanor.

Hey TV was listening to Mike broadcast the Silsbee bb game and missed you. You do just football?

TV doesn't do basketball with me. He is the Public Adress announcer at all the Silsbee boys and girls home basketball games. He does a fantastic job.

Guest nostradamus
Rankings? Newsflash...That is the opinion of one person in TABC and they are VERY BIASED! VERY....Ask Silsbee about that.

I looked up the last rankings done by the ever-biased TABC and, while I will agree that they are not always head on with their rankings I will say it IS NOT done by ONE person.  It is done based on the information that is turned in by coaches and any information that regional directors can garner themselves.  That being said, this last sheet of rankings looks pretty good for a "very biased" system that is  "the opinion of one person".  Maybe rankings shouldn't be discounted so much.

Class 3A

1. Dallas Madison-STATE CHAMPION

2. Lubbock Estacado-RUNNER-UP

3. CC West Oso-REGIONAL FINALS

4. Burkburnett-REGIONAL SEMIS

5. Stafford-STATE SEMIS

6. Argyle-REGIONAL QUARTERS (lost to Madison)

7. Cleveland-REGIONAL QUARTERS(lost to HJ)

8. Navasota-AREA (lost to HJ)

9. Silsbee-REGIONAL SEMIS

10. Brownfield-REGIONAL QUARTERS (lost to Estacado)

11. Hardin-Jefferson-STATE SEMIS

12. Abilene Wylie

13. Sweeny-REGIONAL SEMIS

14. Liberty Hill-REGIONAL SEMIS

15. SA Houston

16. Pleasant Grove-REGIONAL FINALS (lost to Madison)

17. Paris

18. Glen Rose

19. Gatesville

20. Lufkin Hudson-REGIONAL SEMIS (lost to HJ)

Guest DickVitale

Would you rank Louisville number 22 now? Is Georgetown still in he top 10? How about Norte Dame? Exactly....Its easy to rank teams when the playoffs start! Especially in high school, rankings do not mean a thing...ASK SILSBEE! They went unranked almost ALL OF LAST SEASON...Did it matter? Nope, they won the region anyway.

Guest nostradamus

You discounted rankings completely and said that is was one person's biased opinion.  It is NOT one person's biased opinion.  The ONLY reason Silsbee went unranked when they did was because no information was submitted to the regional directors.

My point is that rankings should not be completely discounted.  TABC does as much as they can with the man power they have to put together the best rankings possible.  As of February 23 (the last rankings) they were pretty accurate.  That set of rankings is no different than the set of college rankings that came out last Monday.....where Louisville was #5!

Since it is so easy to rank teams the last week of the season (as you said) then why would you discount them?

Guest DickVitale

When is the last time a ranking won a game for any team? At the end of the day, THEY DON'T MATTER....Unless, of course, you are in the BCS!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics